• 3(current)
Release Mimic 5.x for Krypton
@stueey - sounds like you've pretty much identified it as a Super Favourites issue, and I can confirm that when it's own context menu option is enabled it does interfere with the scripts. Nothing I can do about that, so no need for a debug log (and a debug log with the git version of the script wouldn't include any interesting info about the context menu anyway Wink) - when I get time to debug it some more I'll report it to the Super Favourites author.

Edit:- From a quick test, if you are getting the Super Favourites context menu after disabling that option then you haven't actually disabled the option - did you remember to click 'OK' to save the changes? If you disable Super Favourites with its context menu option enabled that does appear to break context menu's widely throughout Kodi.
(2016-06-06, 23:49)braz Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 23:04)stueeey Wrote: nice work with the volume, works nicely, haven't had any overlapping incidents yet.

sticking my nose in again.. just highlighting the Music Albums and the Games screenshots you have posted here look great and work really well as they are square images that fill the square widget space. The movie widget posters on the other hand look somewhat wrong/removed from the square widget space as they do not fill the square space.

I don't have a solution, other than adding another widget option for vertical posters in the shape of a rectangle... but I realise your trying to minimise skin options to easier to maintain.

thanks for keeping mimic going braz, looks like a lot of skin devs have disappeared recently. (or maybe its just me)
Thanks, appreciate the input stueeey!

Yeah, I didn't think I would like the square widgets either at first, but they've grown on me. Might see about adding another option at some point, but it's difficult to get everything to line up for the various art aspect ratios.

I'm sure there will be a lot more skins updated as we get closer to Krypton's release date. I tend to submit to the repo early, even when I'm still making changes. Probably creates more of a support burden for me, but on the other hand it makes the skin easier for users to install and update. I try to limit the major changes once it's in the repo though, since folks tend to become attached to certain options and don't want to see them removed. That's why I created this preview in a new branch on github for release with Kodi 18. Figured I'd better wait for the next Kodi release since the home layout options have changed so much.

I shall give the square widgets a good run and see if I get used to them, must admit I turned all widgets off for a while... I've been experimenting with modding your mimic home menu to be even more minimal (nothing to write home about, just for my own minimalist/design amusement) I removed the header bar apart from the time, volume and moved the whole vertical menu to the right 200 and down by 200. With a really opaque menu background and focus it creates quite a nice tab/label feel to the main menu, like it is popping up from the bottom. I just need to figure out how to get the menu to disappear animate downwards rather than to the left, when transitioning to the selected category (pressing movies).

I tend not to flick around skins these days, very happy with mimic! One thing I did really like about Eminence 2 was the ability to delay a large plot overlay that took up the whole screen (it greyed out the background and just displayed the text fullscreen) ...Found this a great feature to enable & view from back on the sofa not having to press ' i ' for more info.

thanks braz, keep up the great work.
(2016-06-06, 23:51)BobCratchett Wrote: @stueey - sounds like you've pretty much identified it as a Super Favourites issue, and I can confirm that when it's own context menu option is enabled it does interfere with the scripts. Nothing I can do about that, so no need for a debug log (and a debug log with the git version of the script wouldn't include any interesting info about the context menu anyway Wink) - when I get time to debug it some more I'll report it to the Super Favourites author.

Edit:- From a quick test, if you are getting the Super Favourites context menu after disabling that option then you haven't actually disabled the option - did you remember to click 'OK' to save the changes? If you disable Super Favourites with its context menu option enabled that does appear to break context menu's widely throughout Kodi.

ok thanks Bob,

yes fell for that one the first time around and made sure I clicked ok to apply the changes. With my last attempts to get back my context menu from within mimic I removed SuperFavourites addon altogether from within kodi and then manually removed SuperFavourites plugin settings from Kodi >userdata >addon_data and still have no ability to bring up the default Kodi context menu from within the mimic settings (to change the menu order etc)

...its no worry though, all part of the fun of living on the edge testing your skins & scripts.

thanks for your help.
Am I going crazy? Where did the add and delete in 'setup menus and widgets' go?
(2016-06-07, 16:39)mrheatmiser Wrote: Am I going crazy? Where did the add and delete in 'setup menus and widgets' go?
It's in the context menu, press "c" when on one of your shortcuts.

Sent from my Nexus 6
@stueey - Spoyser (author of the Super Favourites addon) has suggested a workaround for the SF context menu - that the Skin Shortcuts script should disable it when the menu editor is active, then re-enable it when done. If you're willing to test, I've implemented it on this branch.

@mrheatmiser - As per post 13, they've been moved to the context menu.
(2016-06-07, 17:22)braz Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 16:39)mrheatmiser Wrote: Am I going crazy? Where did the add and delete in 'setup menus and widgets' go?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Thanks much.
(2016-06-07, 17:22)BobCratchett Wrote: @stueey - Spoyser (author of the Super Favourites addon) has suggested a workaround for the SF context menu - that the Skin Shortcuts script should disable it when the menu editor is active, then re-enable it when done. If you're willing to test, I've implemented it on this branch.

@BobCratchett - yes more than happy to assist with testing this branch... shall give it a whirl this evening and report back to you here.
Just enabled InfoWall view for movie sets...
(2016-06-04, 03:01)braz Wrote: Added a subtitle menu to the Video OSD for quicker access (taken from Estuary).

this is great , can i change it on my 3.4.1v too?
(2016-06-08, 09:49)scofield27 Wrote:
(2016-06-04, 03:01)braz Wrote: Added a subtitle menu to the Video OSD for quicker access (taken from Estuary).

this is great , can i change it on my 3.4.1v too?
Sorry, no plans to add it to older versions of Mimic.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Sent from my Nexus 6

I've just added your skin, which is the first that I have found to be pretty much as I would like, so thanks for that.

However, when I highlight one of the shortcuts and press c, nothing happens.

I'm using the latest nightly, so understand that things will change along the way.
(2016-06-08, 17:15)Bluesmanuk Wrote:

Sent from my Nexus 6

I've just added your skin, which is the first that I have found to be pretty much as I would like, so thanks for that.

However, when I highlight one of the shortcuts and press c, nothing happens.

I'm using the latest nightly, so understand that things will change along the way.
Do you have Super Favorites installed and it's context menu turned on? It could be conflicting, see posts above.

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-06-07, 19:02)stueeey Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 17:22)BobCratchett Wrote: @stueey - Spoyser (author of the Super Favourites addon) has suggested a workaround for the SF context menu - that the Skin Shortcuts script should disable it when the menu editor is active, then re-enable it when done. If you're willing to test, I've implemented it on this branch.

@BobCratchett - yes more than happy to assist with testing this branch... shall give it a whirl this evening and report back to you here.

@BobCratchett - just to say I haven't forgotten you... I'm using croneters Plex Kodi Connect and had some issues with Kodi's recent nightly yesterday evening, so just re-building. Shall test the SF branch as soon as I can and get back to you.

EDIT: @BobCratchett - sorry had to re-build my Kodi setup, I have decided not to install it SF, due to the problems encountered with mimic and the fact that I barely use it anyway. I know that doesn't help you much (sorry)

thanks.
@braz - realise you did some tweaks to the Set views recently (now working much better) ...just wondering if its possible to enable the Overview (plot) with mimic when viewing sets?

My setup, currently just denotes the set title, I'm fairly sure that other skins can denote the Overview's that are scraped from TMdb etc.

thanks.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 5.x for Krypton2