• 44(current)
Release Mimic 5.x for Krypton
Love the skin and have been using since mimic 3 on kodi 16.

Currently I am using Mimic 4 on Kodi17.1 because i noticed the feature to use addons in submenus has disappeared in Mimic 5. What is the reasoning behind this? And is it possible for it to be brought back?

Also, I noticed when playing any video etc that audio takes around 5 seconds to kick in although the video has already started - any particular reason why?

Again - love the skin!
(2017-05-12, 12:16)AmbitionAnt Wrote: Love the skin and have been using since mimic 3 on kodi 16.

Currently I am using Mimic 4 on Kodi17.1 because i noticed the feature to use addons in submenus has disappeared in Mimic 5. What is the reasoning behind this? And is it possible for it to be brought back?

Also, I noticed when playing any video etc that audio takes around 5 seconds to kick in although the video has already started - any particular reason why?

Again - love the skin!
Not sure what you mean about add-ons as submenu items, nothing should have changed in this regard.

Skins don't have anything to do with audio playback, sounds more like a Kodi issue.
(2017-05-12, 16:55)braz Wrote:
(2017-05-12, 12:16)AmbitionAnt Wrote: Love the skin and have been using since mimic 3 on kodi 16.

Again - love the skin!
Not sure what you mean about add-ons as submenu items, nothing should have changed in this regard.

Skins don't have anything to do with audio playback, sounds more like a Kodi issue.

On Mimic 4 and Mimic 3 you could have submenus with addons linked in these submenus - it seems now that Mimic 5 only has widgets available for menu items and not allow you to directly link addons/favourites

Understood regarding the Kodi issue - thats good to know.
(2017-04-12, 11:36)DobermanS Wrote:
(2017-04-11, 07:44)braz Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 10:35)DobermanS Wrote: Hello braz
Found strange problem with subtitles search ,maybe this is some features missing ,
there is no status while searching - "searching" ,"no subtitles found" and etc ...
Just took a look at the skinning manual, and I don't see that the subtitle dialog provides controls for that. Do you have an example of a skin that has this?
Hi, of course , on the Estuary Mod .
And another features suggestion,if i may, to hide lower progress bar ,when subtitles offset in use .

Hi braz did you get a chance to look into the above missing features, those features are showing in the default Estuary skin for Kodi.
braz, label id="140" is the label for showing subtitle status. You have it's visibility as hidden in your code, that is why the status is not showing on subtitle search. Also, you will have to move it somewhere else, as it is underneath the video label once it is enabled.
(2017-05-16, 23:18)Tikipeter Wrote: braz, label id="140" is the label for showing subtitle status. You have it's visibility as hidden in your code, that is why the status is not showing on subtitle search. Also, you will have to move it somewhere else, as it is underneath the video label once it is enabled.
That's because I've chosen to hide it. Will see if there is way to redesign the dialog to show it...no promises though.
(2017-05-12, 17:33)AmbitionAnt Wrote: On Mimic 4 and Mimic 3 you could have submenus with addons linked in these submenus - it seems now that Mimic 5 only has widgets available for menu items and not allow you to directly link addons/favourites
Still have no idea what this means. Just tested, and I had no problem adding addons to the submenus.
(2017-05-16, 23:18)Tikipeter Wrote: braz, label id="140" is the label for showing subtitle status. You have it's visibility as hidden in your code, that is why the status is not showing on subtitle search. Also, you will have to move it somewhere else, as it is underneath the video label once it is enabled.
Thanks for being patient, I finally got around to checking that dialog and re-enabled that label. Uploaded to the Github on the master branch for Kodi 18 Leia and the krypton_v5 branch for Kodi 17 Krypton.
Note that the first post has been updated with a new link to the Mimic 5.x source. I moved Mimic 5.x to the krypton_v5 branch. The master branch is now Mimic 6 for Kodi 18 Leia.
(2017-05-19, 03:54)braz Wrote: Thanks for being patient, I finally got around to checking that dialog and re-enabled that label. Uploaded to the Github on the master branch for Kodi 18 Leia and the krypton_v5 branch for Kodi 17 Krypton.

Very much appreciated. Smile Smile
Hi braz!

Currently, from the official Kodi repository, the latest version of Mimic is 5.0.3. When the actual master will be published as 5.0.4? I guess it will be the last update, right?

Thanks.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2017-05-20, 00:49)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi braz!

Currently, from the official Kodi repository, the latest version of Mimic is 5.0.3. When the actual master will be published as 5.0.4? I guess it will be the last update, right?

Thanks.
I just pushed a bunch of updates to GitHub, will submit to the Kodi repo soon.
I've noticed that in order to view the submenu one has to push the down arrow verses being visible. I've watch a lot of videos and the options are different as well.

Changing the color of the menu background would be awesome to bring out the text. It is hard to have text that is easy to read with a background picture.
(2017-05-22, 10:54)egelsct Wrote: I've noticed that in order to view the submenu one has to push the down arrow verses being visible. I've watch a lot of videos and the options are different as well.

Changing the color of the menu background would be awesome to bring out the text. It is hard to have text that is easy to read with a background picture.
Yeah, the videos on the wiki page are from an older Mimic version for Kodi 15. There's no longer a setting to show the submenu all the time.

What overlay have you chosen in skin settings? You can choose a darker one if you'd like.
(2017-04-16, 10:27)helpnewguy Wrote: I'm having trouble with subtitles while using mouse, when i hover subtitles icon, if i try to move the cursor to click download the pop up dialogue disappears, is there a fix for this issue? Everything else work great.

Also having this issue, no way to download subtitles.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 5.x for Krypton2