[WIP] Delete After Watching
Updated link below. I have pretty much abandoned this work, it has a few problems and there has been very little interest.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uldjwgjt1txpve...2.zip?dl=0
Thanks but I just already found another script named "After Watch" that is perfectly working Cool
(2016-05-21, 10:15)Koying Wrote: I haven't tried your addon, yet, but I'm interested. I'd use it only for some specific TV shows, though, so would be great to have some kind of inclusion/exclusion mechanism.

I also would like to know this, I tend to keep most things but don't keep around 5% of shows after watching and to be able to set this in the settings would be great.
(2017-08-11, 12:48)psynoxious Wrote: Thanks but I just already found another script named "After Watch" that is perfectly working Cool

I cannot seem to find "after watch " at all . It appears the repository is dead. Does the addon still work. Anyone have a live link to the addon. I find during covid that my habits of watching some older archived series is in effect, i prefer not to click mange delete confirm delete are you really sure you want to delete for every episode. If anyone has the functioning addon link I would appreciate it. Google doesn't seem to find it very easy. Since the repository is broken perhaps someone has the addon available.
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
@nc88keyz try https://github.com/jvandenbroek/jvandenbroek-kodi-repo or https://github.com/jvandenbroek/jvandenb.../tag/1.0.1

They updated their repo from v1.0.0 to v1.0.1, and as they posted direct links to the original version then they broke.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
You might also take a look at Media Maintenance.  I think it came out after this thread went inactive (until today's posts anyway). It does, among other things, delete after watch and the ability to do it selectively per TV show (or movies).

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331996
Anyone have any clue how to make this compatible with Kodi 19 ?

I absolutely loved this add-on.
(2021-02-22, 08:32)Alexander78 Wrote: Anyone have any clue how to make this compatible with Kodi 19 ?

Add-ons for Matrix have to be rewritten in (or at least updated for)  Python3. That can be a small amount of work or alot depending on the addon. It doesn't look like anyone has taken up the work of maintaining this addon, so it's doubtful it'll get updated for Matrix.  I mentioned Media Maintenance a couple posts up. It hasn't been updated for Matrix yet, but my understanding is that the author is planning to update it.  That author has a ton of addons though, so I'm not sure where Media Maintenance is in their to-do list.
(2021-02-22, 08:32)Alexander78 Wrote: Anyone have any clue how to make this compatible with Kodi 19 ?

I haven't been actively supporting (or using) this addon for a while now.  That said, I would like to get it updated to use py3.  I don't have Kodi 19 yet, but when I do I'll spend some time updating this addon.
I've updated the addon to work with py3.  I haven't fully tested it, but it seems to work OK for the things I tried.  If you have issues, turn on logging and send them to me.  I've put the code into github - info was added to the original post.
(2021-02-23, 05:25)teaguecl Wrote: I've updated the addon to work with py3.  I haven't fully tested it, but it seems to work OK for the things I tried.  If you have issues, turn on logging and send them to me.  I've put the code into github - info was added to the original post.

I wish I had seen your answer before today, I stupidly started using "After Watch", and that damn POS just deleted my entire movie library ... 300+ movies just gone.
Hi there, you're plugin is exactly what I'm missing in my Kodi setup as well! I tried to install Git Browser on my Kodi matrix fire-tv setup (cause I thought that would be the best way to install your plugin) - but I gave up. All ways to install Git Browser had failures in case of matrix setup.

So I cloned your github repo and integrate the script low-level (via copying to %APPDATA%\Kodi\addons\script.service.daw) on my windows maschine and your script was running as smoothly. Afterwards I zipped the folder and triggered install-from-zip on my fire-tv once more. But plugin installation failed again (with no output in the log).

Any idea/suggestion how to install "Delete After Watching" via zip/repo/whatever?
(2021-02-23, 05:25)teaguecl Wrote: I've updated the addon to work with py3.  I haven't fully tested it, but it seems to work OK for the things I tried.  If you have issues, turn on logging and send them to me.  I've put the code into github - info was added to the original post.

I don't know if you're still working on this, but I'm getting some errors in Matrix 19.1. The dialogue box offering to delete never appears and I see this in the logs:
2021-07-07 19:14:54.529 T:8880    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.service.daw/service.py", line 154, in onNotification
                                                       episodedetails = result.get('episodedetails')
                                                   AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

Additionally when trying to Select Series within the addon configuration, it throws this error an error - sorry Kodi log updated itself and it's gone, but it was on line 134 of select_items.py where Python gave an error about not allowing leading zeroes in the "0755".
If you are seeking an alternative that is in active development; try: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331996
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2021-07-08, 03:28)Lunatixz Wrote: If you are seeking an alternative that is in active development; try: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331996

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it looks like your addon is automatic deletion and I want it to ask me every time because deletion can't be undone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Delete After Watching0