FTP-Client code built-into XBMC for streaming
Smile 
hi,

xbmc is the best dashboard/media player there is. there is only 2 things that i miss. that is live update, and ftp client in xbmc file browser.

maybe im just stupid enought, so i can´t find a way to use xbmc file browser as ftp client. xbox to xbox transfers is a common thing to do for me.

avalunch have both this features.. and yes i know. there is law issues about live update Smile but ftp client i file browser would rock!
can someone please update about this feature .. i am really really looking forward to it ... please ... developers ... skip a smoke n give us this feature Smile
(gamester17 @ may 12 2004,16:11 Wrote:
(tonyjon @ may 12 2004,14:36 Wrote:
(butcher @ april 22 2004,17:45 Wrote:there's a patch for streaming from ftp on sourceforge, however it's unlikely to be integrated till after 1.0.
do you have a link to this patch? i have been unable to find it on sourceforge.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581840 <= note that it's of couse source code and not a binary add-on-patch
any help? what to do with the source code?
how do i make a binary add-on-patch ??
there's an updated version of the patch available at sourceforge! maybe it makes it into the cvs some time :o
hi,

how can i play remote movie via http/ftp?  

thank you  :bowdown:
and why is this a feature suggestion?

yarr..

anyway, for http playback make a text file, place the url in it and call it whatever.strm, then start it with xbmc.

ftp isn't supported afaik
i've tried to apply this patch twice now, once on the 6th, and again today. i still have not been able to get this patch to work, unfortunately there are no specific instructions on how to layout the ftp shares address. i've tried amny variations so far:

.ftp://user:[email protected]:21]ftp://u...8.1.xxx:21
.ftp://user:[email protected]:22]ftp://u...8.1.xxx:22
.ftp://user:[email protected]/]ftp://use...168.1.xxx/
.ftp://192.168.1.xxx:21]ftp://192.168.1.xxx:21
.ftp://192.168.1.xxx]ftp://192.168.1.xxx

(i'm suing the "." to stop it from linking the above addies Wink )

none of them has worked yet, not even a delay to show that it is trying to load.

has anyone been able to get this patch to work yet? if so, what am i doing wrong?
the urls you specified look good to me. does your ftp server support passive transfer mode (and is it enabled)?

however for me the patch works quite stable.
(arabold @ may 09 2005,18:01 Wrote:the urls you specified look good to me. does your ftp server support passive transfer mode (and is it enabled)?

yes i am using passive, and i'm hosting with bulletproof ftp, using xboxftp i have no problems connecting so far. one thing i noticed with the newer patch is that it includes a file called patch.txt, which includes all the entries needed (i assume) to add to the source code. one thing i noticed is that in the patch.txt file there is an entry for:

index: directorycache.h
==================

when looking in the package, that corresponding file, "directorycache.h", is not included with the added entry. i'm just re-doing the build with the entries manually entered now, to test it again.

will post results shortly! (hopefully good!! :d )
(sureshot @ may 09 2005,20:18 Wrote:
(arabold @ may 09 2005,18:01 Wrote:the urls you specified look good to me. does your ftp server support passive transfer mode (and is it enabled)?

yes i am using passive, and i'm hosting with bulletproof ftp, using xboxftp i have no problems connecting so far. one thing i noticed with the newer patch is that it includes a file called patch.txt, which includes all the entries needed (i assume) to add to the source code. one thing i noticed is that in the patch.txt file there is an entry for:

index: directorycache.h
==================

when looking in the package, that corresponding file, "directorycache.h", is not included with the added entry. i'm just re-doing the build with the entries manually entered now, to test it again.

will post results shortly! (hopefully good!! :d )
not a single thing has changed... Confused

i've added every section provided in the patch.txt file properly, recompiled, deleted all xbmc cache files, setup my network manually, setup the share with the standard format, and still, nothing budges. it doesnt make much sense, it should work at this oint. so far, i have not received even a response from my server to show that the share even tried to connect, mind you when you click on the share, it opens a blank folder almost instantly. i assume i am missing something, somewhere. any more suggestions?
Quote:factorydirectory.obj : error lnk2019: unresolved external symbol "public: thiscall directory::cfactorydirectory::create(class cstdstr<char> const &)" (?create@cfactorydirectory@directory@@qaepavidirectory@2@abv?$cstdstr@d@@@z)
filefactory.obj : error lnk2019: unresolved external symbol "public: thiscall xfile::cfilefactory::createloader(class cstdstr<char> const &)" (?createloader@cfilefactory@xfile@@qaepavifile@2@abv?$cstdstr@d@@@z)

these are the only errors i have found that directly relate to the ftp patch itself. unfortunately i have no idea what that means :help: thanks in advance for any help with this, i really would like to get this patch working, i've been hoping for a client setup for quite a while now.
man... i hope some devs give you a hand with this... this is one feature that i would use alot...
(flicker @ may 10 2005,01:08 Wrote:man... i hope some devs give you a hand with this... this is one feature that i would use alot...
me too!! :lol:
make sure you add the .cpp and .h files to the project inside ms vs .net.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
any update on this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTP-Client code built-into XBMC for streaming0