3D PREFERRED ASPECT RATIO
Video 
What are your preferred 3D viewing aspect ratio?

MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
For 3D I think 1.78:1 is optimal. This also works very well for theatrical IMAX 3D movies.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I prefer 1.78:1 too, but most of the 3D movie are 21:9..Smile
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
You watch them in the ratio they are produced in. I hate stretch, squash or crop. Yuk.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i cant remember which version of xbmc did a beautiful job in resizing the aspect ratio of blu rays that were not 1.78. i wonder what hapened to that feature i wish they would bring it back.
(2016-05-18, 03:33)nickr Wrote: You watch them in the ratio they are produced in. I hate stretch, squash or crop. Yuk.

I agree , I also hate stretch, squash and crop too,but the problem is why would the studios release 3D movies in 21:9 instead of 1:78:1
And I think most 3D movies looks better in 1:78:1Cool
(2016-05-18, 02:04)movie78 Wrote: I prefer 1.78:1 too, but most of the 3D movie are 21:9..Smile

+1
Agree about OAR... but for 3D, wish more movies would be filmed in 1.78:1. Works great for IMAX 3D format and our home theaters Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Well talk to the studios
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think the aspect ratio decision is made by the Director and/or Cinematographer

eg.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D PREFERRED ASPECT RATIO3