Rescan existing NFO-Files on Update Library
If you use local NFO-Files (e.g. for your personal videos) and do a change to existing NFO-files KODI does not re-scan them on update library. The only way to re-scan already existing NFO-files is to remove the video-source (e.g. network folder), clean the database, re-add the video-source (choose local information only) and then do a database update.

A database update currently only scans for new videos/files and ignores changes for existing videos.

Desired behaviour:

When using "local information scraping" KODI should on *update library* scan new NFO-files (currently OK) and also *re-scan already existing NFO-files* and update database accordingly.

Maybe a system setting on what should happen when *updating database* could help:
Either: scan only added items
OR: re-scan also existing items and replace information in database

Thanks a lot!

Seume
Doesn't a manual "refresh" on the item you changed the nfo work?
(2016-05-18, 12:40)Koying Wrote: Doesn't a manual "refresh" on the item you changed the nfo work?

Correct, but it's not worth doing this to every movie you update. For example, I'm a stickler and want the latest vote count/rating from imdb, so once a week I do a re-scrape of votes/rating. In order for me to get EVERY movie up to date I have to remove/re-add the source and delete thumbs. Now granted, I only go through this once a month to save time, but who knows what things people are doing. Besides, if you are using nfos and change one thing in it, kodi sees there is a change and scans that folder even though it doesn't reflect changes from the nfo. Normally I wouldn't think this is worth changing, but Kodi already sees a change in the nfo and does the scan....
Fail$tyle420: you know about IMDb Update addon right?
(2016-05-19, 14:09)helta Wrote: Fail$tyle420: you know about IMDb Update addon right?

Yeah and it's great, but IIRC it doesn't/can't write to the nfos. I do external scraping via Ember. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly reinstall that addon as it would save a butt load of time!
(2016-05-19, 16:22)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 14:09)helta Wrote: Fail$tyle420: you know about IMDb Update addon right?

Yeah and it's great, but IIRC it doesn't/can't write to the nfos. I do external scraping via Ember. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly reinstall that addon as it would save a butt load of time!

Guessing you could try texturecache to do that like was posted here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1608107 make a batch file and run it once a month after you've rescraped with Ember
(2016-05-19, 18:10)komplex Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 16:22)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:

Guessing you could try texturecache to do that like was posted here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1608107 make a batch file and run it once a month after you've rescraped with Ember

Ya know, I had looked at that thread multiple times and I never came across that post! That would literally work for me and allow me to up this to once a week and further tweaks I may make! Thanks so much for this!
texturecache.py can also refresh your imdb details including votes, ratings, top250 (movies only) and several other fields available from omdbapi.com.

Some details on how to use it, here.

There's no need to remove media to update IMDB details.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-18, 12:20)seume Wrote: If you use local NFO-Files (e.g. for your personal videos) and do a change to existing NFO-files KODI does not re-scan them on update library. The only way to re-scan already existing NFO-files is to remove the video-source (e.g. network folder), clean the database, re-add the video-source (choose local information only) and then do a database update.

A database update currently only scans for new videos/files and ignores changes for existing videos.

Desired behaviour:

When using "local information scraping" KODI should on *update library* scan new NFO-files (currently OK) and also *re-scan already existing NFO-files* and update database accordingly.

Maybe a system setting on what should happen when *updating database* could help:
Either: scan only added items
OR: re-scan also existing items and replace information in database

Thanks a lot!

Seume
I've the same problem: I made tags in a video manager to make watch lists stored in NFOs (which is faster because I can do bulk editing), and then let Kodi scrape local info. When updating the library, though, Kodi will only add new videos. To add the updated NFOs, I have to set content to none and clean the library, then set it back to local info and scrape everything again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rescan existing NFO-Files on Update Library0