Retaining Folder structure
Not sure if this is a "Feature" per se, but one thing that irks me about Windows Media (Player/Centre) and some other media players/DLNA servers is that they don't allow me to view my files (songs/pictures/movies) in the typical folder/filename structure. I really do not like everything being added into a 'library' and then not being able to find what I am looking for.

Perhaps I am an old fart, but I find it MUCH easier traversing and navigating the standard file structure than it is with this sort of modern 'libraries', thus I'd love to have that style of navigation preserved across the network and devices when I try to find the item I am looking for.

Thanks. Smile
You are not obligated to set the content and therefore have kodi put your content in a library. You can use file structures. Just go to video -> files -> etc.. The only downside is (I think, as I never use it that way) is that you don't have art.
Sorry, not sure I understood your request. Do you request Kodi to expose the library items in their original file structure? Or are you looking for a way to browse your media inside Kodi via file tree? Both are already working. In Kodi itself you can just browse the file structure in the according "files" nodes (video -> files, music -> files), so there is no need to use the library. Also, you can already browse your media sources in file mode via UPNP. So what are you missing?
Thanks!  I've been trying to figure out how to do this!    I have some folders with hundreds of files e.g. movies/action-adventure.   If I'm about halfway through the list and decide I'd like to go back to my movie root folder - is there an easy way to get there?
(2019-03-25, 20:32)boe_d Wrote: Thanks!  I've been trying to figure out how to do this!    I have some folders with hundreds of files e.g. movies/action-adventure.   If I'm about halfway through the list and decide I'd like to go back to my movie root folder - is there an easy way to get there?
I do that with backspace. But you can configure keymap.xml to your preference.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retaining Folder structure0