Release Guidebox Kodi
RELEASE: Guidebox Kodi

I have been struggling finding the perfect balance of usability and accessibility in my home theater experience. I have been using Plex to seamlessly serve my media library to all my devices, both local and remote. To watch current TV shows, I was limited to the availability of Channels in the Plex Channel Directory, and their often unstable behavior on some client platforms.

Enter Guidebox. Guidebox is a web app that scrapes hundreds of online streaming platforms and offers a navigable TV Show and Movie library with streaming links. This is really cool, but it requires mouse usage, which is not ideal for any home theater experience.

It turns out Guidebox provides an API that offers their full database. So I took to building this add-on that essentially provides API navigation along with some extra media art, plus the ability to save favorite channels, TV shows, episodes, and movies.

Features:
  • Browse TV channels, including network stations and web channels
  • Browse TV shows by popularity
  • Browse movies by popularity
  • Access links to Free, Subscription, TV Everywhere, and Paid sources for TV Episodes and Movies
  • Differentiate between Web, Android and iOS platforms, presenting appropriate streaming links for each (e.g. some streaming services disallow streaming from their website from a smartphone, and require access via their smartphone app instead)
  • Search for channels, TV shows, and movies by exact or fuzzy keywords

Dependencies:
Known issues:
  • Not usable on Linux because too many streaming websites require Windows (maybe this can be fixed by changing user agents in Chrome?)

Download:
http://serve.lilingles.com/kodi/sigo-rep...deboxkodi/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Guidebox Kodi0