Which low budget box with HD Netflix
Hi there,

I want to get a Kodi Box for playing my own library, playing emulated games (up until PS1 and N64) and Watch Netflix on HD. My first idea was gedding a Raspberry Pi but unfortunately it won't play Netflix in HD. Therefore I thougt on getting an Android solution. Since I live in Europe many solutions are not available here and the Nvidia Sheld Box is to expensive for me.

Is there any solution under about 100€ which does what I need? Even better would be a solution which has a build in hard drive (then it can cost more) or has a case where I can build in a hard drive myself.

I am grateful for any tips.
The Wetek Hub is rumoured to have its release any day now. Check this thread out:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263373

It's supposed to sub-100 € with support for HD Netflix, and they are Kodi sponsors.
Have a look into the Fire TV and Nexus Player. I think they both have netflix HD and come in at about £80 each. Keep a look out for wetek.

Also if you get a shield TV on offer with 2 controllers you can sell the gamepads for £40 each. That works out at £70 for the unit here and then you can buy a cheap remote.
Thank you very much. Are the specs of the Wetek Hub enough to play emulated games of: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, Mega Drive, Master System, Game Gear, GB, GBC, GBA, Mega CD and maybe some 90s Arcade games?

I just saw the announcement of the FUZE Tomahawk F1 gaming console. I like that you can place a hard drive inside it becuase it looks better on my tv table. Will this device be able to do what I want (especially Netflix in HD)?
The only devices we know of that both run Netflix in HD and run Kodi are:
- ATV4
- WeTek Core
- upcoming WeTek Hub, Play2S
- nVIDIA Shield
- Fire TV 1/2
- Fire TV Stick
- Google Nexus Player
- Intel Machines / Sticks running Windows

That is it. Any other dirt cheap Android device will not have the proper approvals and HDCP security keys needed to stream protected content video like Netflix in 1080p or greater. They will only be able to do 480p Max.

There is a LOT of info in this Sticky thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

Also the new Rippl-TV V2 can play all Apps like youtube, Netflix, Hulu and so on in HD(1080P), because it has Widevine Level 1 and also a special Version of Kodi
(2016-05-20, 10:25)guru11 Wrote: Also the new Rippl-TV V2 can play all Apps like youtube, Netflix, Hulu and so on in HD(1080P), because it has Widevine Level 1 and also a special Version of Kodi

Has someone, somewhere, confirmed Netflix HD for this device?
Widevine does no good if the device is not whitelisted by Netflix, which is very, very picky.

Bottom-line: Don't take marketing BS at face value.
STOP repeating this Rippl-TV V2 Bullshit guru11 whenever Netflix HD is ever mentioned anywhere in the Hardware threads. Your only two posts now keep repeating this rubbish.

Unless you have concrete independent reviews of 1080p DRM and Netflix HD approval on this Rippl-TV device then I'm calling you out as nothing but a Rippl-TV fanboy or a actual product Vendor.

As Koying said you can state Widevine level 1 support all you like, that does not mean a product has the actual HDCP keys and necessary approvals. What is stated then is nothing better than marketing BS that you see coming from most Asian Android boxes.

(2016-05-20, 10:25)guru11 Wrote: Also the new Rippl-TV V2 can play all Apps like youtube, Netflix, Hulu and so on in HD(1080P), because it has Widevine Level 1 and also a special Version of Kodi

Netflix HD isn't solely dependent on Widevine though is it? The platform also needs specific support from Netflix (i.e. to be whitelisted) Very, very few devices have achieved that. The Wetek range are really unusual as being the only Netflix HD boxes that aren't from a large corporation like Google, Amazon or nVidia. (And the Wetek Core still has an issue with 5.1 audio in Netflix - and is limited to stereo for some reason)

I've seen no proper reviews or demonstrations of the Rippi-TV box confirming Netflix HD on the box...

It's too bad I no longer have access to look up IPs of forum posters. I used to catch a lot of astroturfers that way.
But rippl-Tv v2 don't have Google Widevine level 1...

So. .. Netflix HD? How?
DTS? Dolby? HDCP? Nothing...
The Wetek Hub is said to only output 2.0 from Netflix..

Automatic deal-breaker for me. No point in HD Netflix with a hard limitation of 2.0 audio.
I would like to have video proof of these Full HD claims.
As i have bought 2 or 3 chinese boxes that claimed 1080p and were full of lies.

Never again.
(2016-05-22, 09:13)SilverBlade Wrote: The Wetek Hub is said to only output 2.0 from Netflix..

Automatic deal-breaker for me. No point in HD Netflix with a hard limitation of 2.0 audio.

So True...Netflix has a great offer of 5.1 content.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Hi Sheppard, I think you mean the first version of Rippl-TV. The new Rippl-TV V2 has Widevine Level 1 license. And I just have test Netflix about Rippl-TV works perfect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which low budget box with HD Netflix1