• 107(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
NFS has never worked for me on any Android Kodi. Use SMB instead.

Otherwise use SPMC, that has Zeroconf & better networking options.

So what are my option to try and get the Mi to see my libraries without have to mess with my NAS drives? Is this a setting I change within the Synology NAS like when I enabled NFS?
No idea use Zeroconf & NFS with SPMC 16.7.0 from Playstore or try SPMC 17.x Alpha from :

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/936

Effers it doesn't matter what format your drives are in just sounds like you haven't setup the NFS permissions checkout wiki. I've got a DS216j running DSM 6.1.2-15132 and its serving files via NFS to two Mi Boxes.
NFS permissions are fine because it currently works on the RPI3s
I was able to access the share on my windows machine before I changed the permissions to what is specified in the wiki but not Mi Boxes. If you haven't tried it only takes a moment to test and can be easily reverted. Short of that post a debug log.
Hi,

I have installed the beta version of Nougat 7, but the HDR does not work with Netflix.

Does any one work for you?
(2017-06-24, 13:40)Effers Wrote: I am currently looking to change out all my RPI3s and looking to get the best box for my situation. After reading the main sticky, I agree there is no best box for anyone. I have tried the oDroid C2 with add-on fan running LibreELEC, sweet little machine may be a keeper. Decided to get the Xiaomi Mi Box because of price point and see if its any better. I love the stock Android in the Mi, navigation seems to be real smooth. However I have run in to an issue that I can't figure out....

On the Xiaomi Mi Box, I am trying to connect to my video library on my Synology NAS. I stop through the process of add videos using NFS source. I see the IP address of the NAS and drill down to the Movies and Television folders, but no further. On the Movies folders, I click but just get the normal sound, but not reachable. Reset a couple of times no luck. Tried on Kodi and SPMC, same thing. It still works on one of my RPI3s by deleting the source and rebuilding it. No issues there.... Still works with the oDroid C2. It has me scratching my head because I see the NAS but can't drill down far enough for the library. The only difference is my other units are hard wired ethernet and the Mi is wireless but can't imagine that has anything to do with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Its not quite what you're asking for but have you thought about using emby (or indeed plex and the Plexkodiconnect addin) . I use Emby as it not only by passes the drive mapping side it also keeps its DB in sync with the local client centrally storing watched data etc . I it running across 3 kodi installs (Shield, Miibox and PC) . It should also work across the interwebs so if you travel it will keep all in sync but i haven't tried this just yet
(2017-06-24, 13:40)Effers Wrote: I am currently looking to change out all my RPI3s and looking to get the best box for my situation. After reading the main sticky, I agree there is no best box for anyone. I have tried the oDroid C2 with add-on fan running LibreELEC, sweet little machine may be a keeper. Decided to get the Xiaomi Mi Box because of price point and see if its any better. I love the stock Android in the Mi, navigation seems to be real smooth. However I have run in to an issue that I can't figure out....

On the Xiaomi Mi Box, I am trying to connect to my video library on my Synology NAS. I stop through the process of add videos using NFS source. I see the IP address of the NAS and drill down to the Movies and Television folders, but no further. On the Movies folders, I click but just get the normal sound, but not reachable. Reset a couple of times no luck. Tried on Kodi and SPMC, same thing. It still works on one of my RPI3s by deleting the source and rebuilding it. No issues there.... Still works with the oDroid C2. It has me scratching my head because I see the NAS but can't drill down far enough for the library. The only difference is my other units are hard wired ethernet and the Mi is wireless but can't imagine that has anything to do with it.

Hi Effers, I try to help you because this must work!
My configuration is:
RPI3 - MySql Kodi Library
QNAP NAS - Shared Media Storage (SMB protocol)
Xiaomi Mi Box - Kodi
Windows 10 HTPC - Kodi

With this configuration I have no problem, I think you must focus on the NFS protocol permissions or try with SMB instead.

I am using my MI BOX with Synology connected either SMB or FTP(webdav). It works great.
Both will not mess with your Synology drives. You just need to enable either services from the DSM.
Thanks for all the input. It would up being a configuration on my end. I went back through it and works great now. Thanks again.
I've been unable to add a source to Kodi on my Mibox and have been struggling for days now.
I keep getting Invalid Argument (unix_err:16)

I'm hoping someone on here can help, I've tried the following:
- Shares with user rights on, shares open to everyone.
- Create a new user, share a folder just for that user
- Increase IRPStackSize by 3 (registry key I created)
- Left the Homegroup on the PC

I can access these shares from ES file explorer on the Mibox, Plex on the MiBox can play the files on the Plex Server on the same machine.
I can access these shares from other machines on the network.

If I in Kodi go to TV Shows -- Add -- SMB -- Browse
I get to see Workgroup -- PC_Name - Series,Movies,User

But when I click on any of these folders to go in, I get the Invalid Argument (unix_err:16)

This is really driving me crazy, I'm considering just sending this thing back.

Hope someone on here has some answers
Hi!

Is anybody using the "Kodi Remote" app for iOS with Kodi on the Mi Box? I cannot get it to connect :-(

When I lookup the system info within Kodi it does not give me any valic MAC address and the "Find Kodi" option does not find it either.

Any hints?
(2017-06-28, 09:36)Senseohasser Wrote: Hi!

Is anybody using the "Kodi Remote" app for iOS with Kodi on the Mi Box? I cannot get it to connect :-(

When I lookup the system info within Kodi it does not give me any valic MAC address and the "Find Kodi" option does not find it either.

Any hints?

Zero-Conf is not published so auto-detect will not work. Try IP and MAC: 00:00:00:00:00:00. Worked for me.
Thanks, I will try this!

@frankdoo: Thanks again, works perfectly!
  • 107(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21