• 121(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Have a look on the external HDD or USB stick for the Android folder.
Inside that will be various folders with App names like - com.xbmc.org

Find the one that matches the name of the torrent program and you should be able to save data from that program into that specific folder only.

You are trying to turn a secured, locked down Android box with all sorts of Android security restrictions into a PC and it simply is not going to work properly. A LibreELEC Kodi box or an Android box you can root would have been a better choice.

The Mi Box cannot easily or be permanently rooted either.

(2017-09-16, 17:24)SuperLuigi Wrote: Is it possible to write to an external hdd in Mi Box? I have the Nougat beta but I can't write anything since I don't have permissions.

Is there something I can do?

You can only write (have full permissions) to the app folder on your external drive. For Kodi it would be /your_drive/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi.

This is a limitation of the Android storage framework and the only way around this is for a app to first ask for permission to write to other folder or to the root of the drive. Kodi does not do this so you are stuck using the app folder on the drive if you want anything other than read permissions.

You should also note that the folder will not exist until you plug in the drive and launch the app. If you plug in the drive and the app is already running the folder will not be created on your drive. You will first have to close the app then launch it again.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm quite confused about one concrete issue.

I know we do not have root privileges on our Mi Box 3 International, but, is it possible to install Libreelec in a external memory and boot the new OS with dualboot?

I guess it's not possible since the bootloader is blocked, but...

Thanks again, mates! Smile
(2017-09-16, 07:21)wrxtasy Wrote: I strongly suspect these will work - some buttons are in a different spot - not sure about voice search...

I have one of the basic BT remotes. It is original Xiaomi. It has no voice control. It will show up in bluetooth devices with chinese name. It connects automatically.
Some buttons may have different keycode compare to the international remote, because in a very few applications I had issues. As I remember in Kodi 16 the back button doesn't works. And in the older version of a local TV provider's app (Telenor MyTV) I was not able to go full screen, because the OK button was iterpreted differently.

Currently, with kodi 17.4, Netflix and other apps I have no problem with the non-voice remote.

There is also a different remote type, which comes with the chinese version of the newer mi box and mi tv. It costs more, but it is also BT, it has voice and motion sensior. I did not try that one, but probably that can also work (not sure about motion usability with Android TV). e.g.. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original...39319.html

Also there are older original IR and Bt remotes. Newer versions have AAA batteries. And very cheap knock offs, too. But original BT is better, I guess.
Thank you all for your replies. You were right. I can write inside the Android/data/app folder to the external hdd.

So for the time being that's what I m gonna do.
Someone may want to test this out if they have a Amazon Prime Video Account and a Air Mouse and Touchpad.
It's from @Zahir over on Freaktab forums:

(install the Alt Apps store - Aptoide first via the X-Plore file manager App)

Quote:Amazon Prime: thought I'd point out that if you have Amazon Prime, you can install Amazon Webview and Chrome (via Aptoide, in my case), log into Amazon via Chrome, select a show to stream and your reward will be Prime Videos in HD.

NB: be sure to set Chrome to "request desktop site" from its settings. When your video starts to load (spinning circle), let it do so for a bit then click near the top right of the black screen and you'll be able to select full screen video. The stream takes a minute to ramp up, but when it does it can reach 1080p and stay there for the duration.

(2017-09-22, 16:19)wrxtasy Wrote: Someone may want to test this out if they have a Amazon Prime Video Account and a Air Mouse and Touchpad.
It's from @Zahir over on Freaktab forums:

(install the Alt Apps store - Aptoide first via the X-Plore file manager App)

Quote:Amazon Prime: thought I'd point out that if you have Amazon Prime, you can install Amazon Webview and Chrome (via Aptoide, in my case), log into Amazon via Chrome, select a show to stream and your reward will be Prime Videos in HD.

NB: be sure to set Chrome to "request desktop site" from its settings. When your video starts to load (spinning circle), let it do so for a bit then click near the top right of the black screen and you'll be able to select full screen video. The stream takes a minute to ramp up, but when it does it can reach 1080p and stay there for the duration.

The Shield version of the Amazon Video app works fine on my MiBox, only issue is that once you've watched one show or movie you have to exit to the homescreen and re-open the app to watch another show or movie. Interface is a bit slow but other than that works ok if you already have an Amazon account and want to access the media easily.

Version I have is Amazon Video v4.1.115 and I've also heard v4.1.121 works fine (but in a similar way to above) too. Links can be found in reddit AndroidTV subs.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to add, only works up to 1080p not 4k. But still!
Could you share a link to the reddit forum where to download v4.1.121?
(2017-09-16, 07:21)wrxtasy Wrote: ...
I strongly suspect these will work - some buttons are in a different spot - not sure about voice search...
Original Genuine Xiaomi Bluetooth Remote - $11.19
Such aftermarket Xiaomi BT remote's have been tested and working on the WeTek Play2 Android TV ROM after I extracted the Xiaomi .kl layout files from the Mi Box itself.

Just that these aftermarket remotes don't work well in the on screen android keyboards at least not for me, hope a solution will come for the Wetek ATV ROM...
Another Mi Box Nougat Firmware leak:

Android Nougat Beta Build 1035 Aug 2017 (click)

Pre requisites, some sort of USB Hub and a Wireless USB or physical Keyboard attached.

- Save to a Fat32 formatted USB Stick
- Whilst plugging in Power Cord - hold down remote Back & large OK buttons to enter Recovery
- Update from EXT and select your USB - once-user 7.0 NBD92G 1035 release-keys.zip file
- Reboot

WARNING - this Beta Firmware will break all Youtube playback.
Once you upgrade to Nougat you cannot downgrade back to Marshmallow.

However you can downgrade to the previous - pretty stable Nougat Beta Firmware if Youtube is really needed:

Previous Nougat Beta Firmware

TIPS:
Double Pressing the Small Center Button activates the quick Apps Switcher/Killer

Observations:

HD Netflix with 5.1 Audio works (I have a DD+ capable TV)
5.1 AC3 Passthrough in Kodi Krypton works
No Kodi dynamic refresh switching disappointingly.
Nougat is at least 2X faster than Marshmallow - the remote is now ultra responsive Smile
Apparently 4K HDR Netflix works - I have only tested 4K but not HDR.
Casting H264 video seems improved (apart from Youtube)

Thanks so much! Smile

(2017-09-23, 15:11)wrxtasy Wrote: Another Mi Box Nougat Firmware leak:

Android Nougat Beta Build 1035 Aug 2017 (click)

Pre requisites, some sort of USB Hub and a Wireless USB or physical Keyboard attached.

- Save to a Fat32 formatted USB Stick
- Whilst plugging in Power Cord - hold down remote Back & large OK buttons to enter Recovery
- Update from EXT and select your USB - once-user 7.0 NBD92G 1035 release-keys.zip file
- Reboot

WARNING - this Beta Firmware will break all Youtube playback.
Once you upgrade to Nougat you cannot downgrade back to Marshmallow.

However you can downgrade to the previous - pretty stable Nougat Beta Firmware if Youtube is really needed:

Previous Nougat Beta Firmware

TIPS:
Double Pressing the Small Center Button activates the quick Apps Switcher/Killer

Observations:

HD Netflix with 5.1 Audio works (I have a DD+ capable TV)
5.1 AC3 Passthrough in Kodi Krypton works
No Kodi dynamic refresh switching disappointingly.
Nougat is at least 2X faster than Marshmallow - the remote is now ultra responsive Smile
Apparently 4K HDR Netflix works - I have only tested 4K but not HDR.
Casting H264 video seems improved (apart from Youtube)
Ohhh man why did they have to break Youtube of all things? Sad
the recovery is freezing/
(2017-09-23, 17:04)gorisrael Wrote: the recovery is freezing/

I guess this is your solution:

Smile
Have you noticed any differences, other than broken YouTube, in going to newer beta build?
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21