• 130(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
USB hub with ethernet adapter + wireless K400 keyboard, all working well after the hack.
Ok, i can report that it does work now. Steps are: Disconnect USB drive in system settings, enable USB debugging, make changes, disable USB debugging, reconnect USB drive. Very good! Do I understand it correctly, that it does not work with Kodi 17.6 and only with SPMC? If so... why?
(2017-11-03, 00:48)wrxtasy Wrote: @diogosena, nice work Sherlock with SPMC. It's a pity Xiaomi did not implement Amcodec properly because the Mi Box is fully capable.

I have had dynamic refresh switching working with the Movie Player App on Nougat Firmware 1028. Even used Kodi and it's external player functionality to activate such an App.

Refresh switching would also work now with your mods and SPMC if you issue a:
Code:
chmod 666 /sys/class/display/mode
Hi @wrxtasy. I wonder how did you manage to make the refresh switching work on the movie player app. Here is what I tried :

adb connect [mibox-ip]
adb root
adb shell
setenforce 0 

Didn't work so I tried with SPMC, adding these commands to the previous ones :

adb connect [mibox-ip]
adb root
adb shell 
setenforce 0

cd /data/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/lib 
► I have installed SPMC 16, not 17.
cp /system/lib/libsub_*.so .  
cp /system/lib/libam*.so .  
cp /system/lib/libc++.so .  
cp /system/lib/libsystemcontrolservice.so .

But I did not see improvements, neither in the default Nougat 1028 movie player app nor in SPMC 16. I have always this stutters.
I am a newbie, so I must have done something wrong, but what ?  Confused
Hi all experts Wink
here is my problem:
My Mibox (Internl version 16-AB) , under nougat (1028) is connected to my AV receiver Harman-Kardon 171s, which is compatible with all recent codecs
The problem is that Mibox and HK receiver can't talk together regarding DD+ codec:
 - Kodi can't passthrough  DD+ sound while playing DD+ video sample (disabling passthrough results in stereo PCM as expected)
 - Netflix does not activate 5.1 options
 - DTS, DTS-HD work all fine with Kodi (passthrough activated)
 - HK receiver plays DD+ when source is all except mibox
 - Netflix activates 5.1 when Mibox is connected to my old stereo only Samsung TV

so my questions are:
 -do you think this bug is on Mibox side? HK side? both?
- is there a way to hack some Mibox files in order to tell it that my receiver is DD+ compatible?
- Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your help
The easy way to view smooth 23.976 / 24fps (24p) video on any version of Firmware on the Mi Box is:

Make Sure Kodi Krypton / SPMC v16.7.1 is NOT already running
Set an Android Screen Resolution in Android Settings of 1080p50Hz
In Kodi Settings > Player Settings > Video > Sync Playback to Display > Enable

23.976 / 24fps video is sped up to 25fps and audio is resampled to frame match 25fps.

Limitations:
Audio is resampled so No Audio Passthrough.
29.97 / 30 / 59.94 / 60fps will naturally not playback that smooth which is fine for most Movies and TV series as they are 24p

Netflix and YouTube will likely need the Android Screen Resolution set back to 1080p60Hz unless your TV has very good motion smoothing to hide any video frame hiccups.

W.

Hi there,
I have also started facing 
The Downright Ugly:
  • Because the Mi Box does not have a LAN/Ethernet port, trying to playback High Bitrate 4K video with HD Audio will be poor and unreliable even when using a USB > Ethernet adapter. Do NOT buy the Mi Box for 4K Kodi video streaming !
Does the Nougat upadate offer something better regarding the trasfer speeds for streaming media? I have started shooting 4k family videos (over 80Mbps) and the box cannot handle them through netwrok streaming (no problem through USB connection). I am searching for solutions but nothing seems to improve the situation.
It's as easy as just buy a USB to LAN cable. Problem solved [emoji106]
Not every adapters work though, just Google it, there are several forums about this.

Skickat från min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk
I was thinking about getting a USB/ethernet adapter but some posts indicated no significant improvement.
Have you connected your box to a 5GHz WLAN, or a 2,4 GHz one?
It's connected to a 2,4 GHz WLAN. A 5GHz would improve the streaming significantly for files with over 80Mbps bitrate?
It depends of the router. In 2.4ghz you usually get a max bandwidth of 150mbps. With 5ghz you can get bandwidths over 800mbps

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk
@newlynx
Encode your videos in x265 (I know is not a real solution if you film alot but I guess you dont make family movies every day) and 80Mbps will become 15Mbps
Yes.

Starting at 40 Mbps you will want to use 5GHz AC WLAN.

See this test posted in a Brazilian forum (HT FORUM) that I participate:

(2017-11-27, 08:57)The Brain Wrote: Yes.

Starting at 40 Mbps you will want to use 5GHz AC WLAN.

See this test posted in a Brazilian forum (HT FORUM) that I participate:

Very informative table! It seems there is a huge gap between the two wirelles modes. I 'll take that into consideration.
Plus 2.4GHz only WiFi in a crowded Electromagnetic environment can easily be subject to Interference particularly in an Apartment complex.

As an example my quality Sharp Microwave Oven that operates at a 2.45GHz frequency is enough to kill any 2.4 GHz WiFi streaming dead in my house.

• 130(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21