• 131(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-11-27, 12:27)wrxtasy Wrote:  
 Guys one question. I bought this box because i wanted Android TV os, and the shield in my opinion is way too expensive for what i want (media center use only).
I have however one question about the refresh rates. When i set the box to 4k2k 50 or 60 hz i have 4KHD netflix (and it runs smoothly) but kodi playing gets a bit choppy. If i set the Xiaomi to 4k2k 24 Kodi plays without a problem and netflix also. The thing is that Netflix like that only gives me FHD instead of 4k. Is this normal?
You will notice a hugh difference with a wired LAN connection compared to a 2.4Ghz Wlan, thats for sure!

Skickat från min SM-T550 via Tapatalk
Hello,
I've recently replaced my 2nd Gen Fire TV's with the Mibox 3's mainly because the Fire TV's don't do well with Live TV from my HDHomerun Prime / Cablecard setup. I am running MM on 2 and testing Nougat 1028 on the other. On the nougat box, I have had numerous internet drop outs, even while watching. I previously was running 1035, but had youtube playback issues. Maybe I will try 1035 again because youtube is not important to me. Is the internet drop a known issue with 1028? Any solutions available? Finally, are there any other beta builds available to try?
Hi there, just bought USB ethernet adapter, seems good working, with USB hub integrated. Just one dummy question, what's the most accurate way to measure transfer rate with Mibox? I've tried Lan Speed Test, but unable to set it up correctly, seems that I have to select and authorize a folder before running the test, like //myip/foldername, but does not work for me...
Does anyone have audio sync issues? The audio of all my files is 0.200 ms behind the video.

The same files play just fine with VLC and MX player.

I have the Nougat 1028 firmware and I use the latest Kodi.

What could cause that problem?
Hello
Sorry for my English.
Xiaomi Mi Box Tv> HDMI> Yamaha RX-V471
Sound settings as described below.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2591652 

I have 5 speakers connected to Yamaha - I do not have a subwoofer.
The "DD True HD" sound works OK which is confirmed on the Yamaha display.
The sound of "DTS HD MA" is changed to regular DTS.
However, when Yamaha switches the speakers to 2.0 (stereo), the "DTS HD MA" sound is "right" but only on two speakers.

What to do to make "DTS HD MA: run on 5.0?
Hi, I'm still using amcodec, but sometimes sound goes on and image freezes when streaming live tv.

Is that "normal" in amlogic devices? or maybe we should test amcodec libs from another stable device?
(2017-12-04, 12:21)diogosena Wrote: Hi, I'm still using amcodec, but sometimes sound goes on and image freezes when streaming live tv.

Is that "normal" in amlogic devices? or maybe we should test amcodec libs from another stable device?
I'm facing the exact same issue, and it's abolutely random, hours without any issue and sometimes happens every minute or so... really strange

I managed it. I'm ashamed to admit but I had a badly configured Yamaha.

Regards.
Is there anyway to access a USB drive I have connected to my Xiaomi box via my home wireless network?
Hi there
Ive just ordered this xiaomi mi box 4k via geekbuying.

What is the consensus on firmware?? shall I just leave it on the stock 6.0x mm firmware it will ship with? or use a nougat beta? if so, which one? - im just going to use it for 1080p netflix and kodi tv/movies from my nas. so really want something stable as it will be used in the front room for wife and kid friendly experience., that's why i purchased this box. I was going for a mecool , but got put off due to heat they generate and really cant be bothered tweaking it constantly. thanks for all you do wrxtasy
Stay on Marshmallow Firmware would be my suggestion if all you need is 1080p Netflix / Kodi with a stable setup. Once you upgrade to buggy Beta versions of Nougat there is no going back to MM.

(2017-12-06, 19:13)wrxtasy Wrote: Stay on Marshmallow Firmware would be my suggestion if all you need is 1080p Netflix / Kodi with a stable setup. Once you upgrade to buggy Beta versions of Nougat there is no going back to MM.
 Awesome thank you wrxtasy. Yes 1080p and stable is all I need from this box. I also have an mecool m8s pro plus coming for a little tinker with libreelec etc...

Anyway, for this little xiaomi mi box on MM, is there any advantage using SPMC over vanilla google store kodi 17.x?

kind regards
(2017-12-06, 19:13)wrxtasy Wrote: Stay on Marshmallow Firmware would be my suggestion if all you need is 1080p Netflix / Kodi with a stable setup. Once you upgrade to buggy Beta versions of Nougat there is no going back to MM.
 read on xiaomi forums someone found a way to go from Nougat to MM preserving DRM

http://daivietpda.com/2017/11/mdz-16-abh...-0-to-6-0/
Hello

I'm looking for someone who uses the Mi Box to play music from local files over a long (several hours) period of time.

I have a problem that drives me crazy: when music playing, I have random micro stops (playback stops during a fraction of a second). It mostly happens after several hours playback, although it has sometimes occurred after a few tenth of minutes only.

I have tried many things and had not success in identifying the problem:
- it doesn't depend on the library drive
- it doesn't depend on how the drive is connected (direct USB or local network share)
- it doesn't depend on Kodi settings
- it doesn't depend on Android settings

It doesn't even seem to depend on the application: I was able to reproduce these micro stops in VLC, so I may be out of subject for this forum (sorry). But I didn't push the tests with VLC as it is very limited compared to Kodi.

It could be that there are several different causes, or that my box is hardware defective (but why randomly ?), or that's a software problem that was not clearly identified because this box is more oriented towards video and streaming, rather than local music files. Hence my wish to exchange with somebody who uses the Mi Box as the default music player.

Thanks a lot for any help.
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21