• 157(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Not just 1 misspelling: FOUR:
"Totle" instead of "Total"
"Frequencys" instead of "Frequencies"
"Adaption" instead of "Adaptation"
And I'm suspicious of the made-up looking word "Drescale" - do they mean "Prescale?"
Oreo Bugfix OTA is there!

Quote:Fix some Critical issues

1. USB Flash drive support for NTFS/ExFAT partitions
2. Improve HDMI compatibility to fix some issues with no audio / black screen
3. Enable USB camera
4. Update Android security patch to May 5th 2018 build.

Kodi now works fine with exFAT/NTFS Storage again :-)
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
Updated. Wifi still not sorted
I can confirm, exFat can be read by Kodi now.

Automatic Framerate still doesn't work.

Wifi speed still poor (about 3m distance to the router) with 18-20mbit/s. Doesn't really make a difference if 2.4ghz or 5ghz is used.
Whereas my Note 4 and my Notebook get about 200-400mbit at the same position, but the comparison is not fair as these devices are capable of MIMO 2x2.
I personally wasnt effected with the USB issues, I am not in any way suggesting they were not vital to many, I just was using a NAS as a file server. 

For me I am not seeing any of the critical issues addressed. 

Wifi / connection drop out (primary one) this causes not only stream drops but that seems to cause app hangs. Forced app closure needed. 
Remote issues.. wake via remote and general remote sluggishness.. I also seem to get a hung / paused box then 10 remote actions applied. 
Lost audio issues
CEC notice pop ups... Strange / poor remote response TV behaviour when MiBox connected to CEC. 

Boxes seem very hot / overheating.. I am curious if the laggy behavior, remote laggyness, general hanging is related to some additional load the boxes are under in this update ??
My MiBox 3 also stopped working properly after Oreo update, today a new update in my FW solved mostly of the reported problems, except that I cannot use the microphone in the remote control for google searching and Wifi message "not connected" but right after already connected.
Kodi started reading 4TB external NTFS HDDs again, Netflix working normally
Help, after today update the remote doesn't detect voice search. Sad
(2018-07-19, 00:15)capitaomorsa Wrote: Help, after today update the remote doesn't detect voice search. Sad
Well, reboot seems to solve it.
Two major issues for me

-Box is not responsive after some time in stand by. You can see it is struggling in everything. Yesterday I tried to use Netflix with the box being sluggish and Netflix didn't even give me HD. After a restart, the box became responsive again and I had HD in Netflix.
-Sometimes waking up with remote is either slow or not happening at all. I have to unplug from power to make it start. Then then remote works as it should.

Both VERY critical issues, a lot more important than the NTFS issue and even the slow WiFi.
Please anyone interested in helping mibox run Coreelec/LIbreelec take a look at this:

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/xiaomi-...-drm/834/9

@wrxtasy
I have been trying to point this out in multiple threads also but its less easy to 'diagnose' as its kind of intermittent and a general sluggishness.. 

Sometimes my boxes hang for a split second pause, then 5 remote presses all cycle.. The boxes also seem to now be running very hot.. 

I think they are straining hard and generally choking..
Well normally my MiBox is connected to a TV without any soundbar or AVR but just to test it, I connected to the TV and AVR in the living room and after every kind of sound was gone since the Oreo update, now sound is back here and also all the passthrough settings are availiable (DD, DD+, TrueHD, DTS (HD-MA/X).

So at my end only automatic framerate and wifi speed have to get fixed, I guess.
(2018-07-19, 13:57)Phat Phreddy Wrote: I have been trying to point this out in multiple threads also but its less easy to 'diagnose' as its kind of intermittent and a general sluggishness.. 

Sometimes my boxes hang for a split second pause, then 5 remote presses all cycle.. The boxes also seem to now be running very hot.. 

I think they are straining hard and generally choking..
Mine is also now very sluggishness in some games...
(2018-07-16, 20:05)riebling Wrote: Not just 1 misspelling: FOUR:
And I'm suspicious of the made-up looking word "Drescale" - do they mean "Prescale?"
If you are referring to the option under DTS, then it is DRC Scale.
Man kodi is slow now.  I can barely play back 720p h.264. I had to completely disable hardware acceleration as well.  Knowing Xiaomi, they won't fix it.  Well.........................I'm returning it to Walmart. Forget this. Anybody else experiencing a bunch of slowdowns in Kodi as well?? running latest krypton with the titanium build.
  • 157(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21