• 173(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
I picked this box up recently specifically to extend KODI into a new media room, the absence of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD passthrough is infuriating.  Has anyone on this forum seen any news on this yet?  I've posted on Xoami's official forums without any update yet.
I could be wrong but Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD passthrough works in my environment (kodi 18 and spmc 17.6). And if I recall correctly I also tested passthrough for these codecs with test files.

Also page 1 says that it should work.
(2019-01-13, 21:42)qazerr Wrote: I could be wrong but Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD passthrough works in my environment (kodi 18 and spmc 17.6). And if I recall correctly I also tested passthrough for these codecs with test files.

I believe DTS HD and True HD (and atmos) don’t work in mibox S. Just mibox 3.
(2019-01-12, 00:18)qazerr Wrote:
(2019-01-10, 12:23)nikos_a Wrote: So for a start, is there any way I can see the log file because with X-Plore I cannot see hidden files and I cannot copy the folder to USB stick or through network to check on my PC.
X-plore File Manager has setting to show hidden files - http://itsegment.net/wp-content/uploads/...-56-11.png 
 Actually, this setting is absent from the Android TV app. In ant case, I installed temporarily ES (mostly because the free is bloatware), took the file and sorted my issue. Netflix works better on kodi than it does on the dedicated Android TV app.
(2019-01-13, 21:42)qazerr Wrote: I could be wrong but Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD passthrough works in my environment (kodi 18 and spmc 17.6). And if I recall correctly I also tested passthrough for these codecs with test files.

Unfortunately the Mi Box S - TrueHD and DTS-HD passthrough is not working, regardless of Kodi version.  I believe it is a firmware issue as previously discussed in this very thread.

The original 4K Mi Box appears to be working fine for this specific issue, but the latest version (Mi Box S) is not - and it is infuriating.
(2019-01-13, 23:55)dharmabr Wrote:

I believe DTS HD and True HD (and atmos) don’t work in mibox S. Just mibox 3. 
 I opened a support case with Xiamoi via support chat today - no indication of timeline, but the chat rep at least promised to escalate for me (whatever that means).  I'm not sure I'll receive updates, no case number was provided (but he said I could chat in the future and provide my telephone number for reference / updates).
@wrxtasy I got some response from the dev. About retaining the original resolution, there response is like this:
"We are using auto refresh rate switching api, which only takes refresh rate at input, not resolution. Therefore the system does not know what is the resolution of the video, so it chooses the largest one supported by the TV"

I'm no android dev, but is this right? Maybe there is another API to take care of auto resolution?
(2019-01-16, 01:02)generalmilk Wrote: @wrxtasy I got some response from the dev. About retaining the original resolution, there response is like this:
"We are using auto refresh rate switching api, which only takes refresh rate at input, not resolution. Therefore the system does not know what is the resolution of the video, so it chooses the largest one supported by the TV"

I'm no android dev, but is this right? Maybe there is another API to take care of auto resolution?
 I think because Shield TV has auto frame rate and auto resolution.
I hope wrxtasy will be able to help xiaomi dev Wink
(2019-01-16, 01:02)generalmilk Wrote: @wrxtasy I got some response from the dev. About retaining the original resolution, there response is like this:

I don't think it is Auto resolution switching at the Android level, the 'auto resolution' is implemented in Kodi via whitelisting.

I guess what is needed is some way of Kodi being able to receive reported 'supported resolutions' from displays EDID chains, to offer them as whitelist options, plus a method of switching to them? So rather than an Auto resolution API - you'd need support for 'supported resolution' and 'switch resolution' APIs?  (Android must have this at the OS level on many builds as it implements both in system settings on lots of boxes - offering a choice of supported resolutions and letting you chose them manually)

Is this the element that the Shield TV has and Mi Box doesn't?
Does the video stutter for anyone else when you wake up the device from standby mode? I have to restart the Mibox each time  Confused
New Beta: Beta5 Build 2477
💫 CHANGE LOG:
Fix accidental issue that cannot be woken up.

Does anyone know how we can access beta builds?
(2019-01-16, 23:24)jacanuck Wrote: Does anyone know how we can access beta builds?
 https://www.google.com/android/beta, maybeHuh   Been a long time since I used it.
(2019-01-17, 01:23)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2019-01-16, 23:24)jacanuck Wrote: Does anyone know how we can access beta builds?

(2019-01-17, 01:23)clarkss12 Wrote:
 https://www.google.com/android/beta, maybeHuh   Been a long time since I used it. 
I can't figure out how to delete this comment.  That was a link for my Asus Nexus Player, and NOT for the Xiaomi Mibox....... sorry.
  • 173(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21