• 180(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
I'm glad to see this has happened and hope to see people enjoy their Mi Box.
I only used them in a basic setup and didn't have any real issues.

For such a cheap box I'm happy with them

I do have a Shield and have to say it is much better supported but for basic streaming I still recommend it the Mi Box.
It's the best bang for the buck!
Hi everybody!

I was really waiting for this update for a long time and now auto framerate switching finally seems to work :-)
I´m really happy about that!!!

Anyway I have still two short question concerning the update:

In Kodi under Settings / System / Display there is a Whitelist. Do I need to check all available framerates there or can I leave the whitelist blank?

As well in Settings / System / Display there is an option called "Resolution". Even I have a 4K TV there is only the option to choose 1920x1080p. 
No other resolutions are listed. Is this normal?
Is fixed bug with 10 bit HDR hevc GREEN SCREEN?
Disappointing. I see that the wake up fix/slow performance is not fixed. After 8-10 hours, the box needs several presses of the button to wake up and then you can see it is slow. I did a system cleanup but nothing. Xiaomi is totally incapable of supporting a product. Had enough with them....
Hi,

I've just gotten an Xiaomi Mi Box S. I can get the Dolby Digital soundtracks just fine passthrough to my receiver, but whenever I play a Atmos movie the box sends PCM to the receiver. I got the Audio under System Settings in Kodi set to 7.1, Passthrough and all marked in the receiver capable of...

What am I missing?

Thanks
Gilson
Hi! Has anyone received the update OTA (with auto fram rate switching) for Xiaomi MI Box S? I can't see that I have.

What's the build number for the latest update? Been longing for such an update!!
(2019-03-24, 22:43)gilsonsjc Wrote: Hi,

I've just gotten an Xiaomi Mi Box S. I can get the Dolby Digital soundtracks just fine passthrough to my receiver, but whenever I play a Atmos movie the box sends PCM to the receiver. I got the Audio under System Settings in Kodi set to 7.1, Passthrough and all marked in the receiver capable of...

What am I missing?

Thanks
Gilson

A Kodi Log that tells you that the 2018 Mi Box S does NOT have IEC61937 audio support, which is needed for Kodi HD Audio passthrough inc. Atmos.

Blame Xiaomi for not including that in FW for 2018 Mi Box "S" models. Join there Beta Test Firmware group (Post #2686 above) and send feedback.

Dolby TrueHD is usually all you have to tick for Atmos (Dolby TrueHD + extensions) audio passthrough.

The 2018 Mi Box S is the worst Android device to get if you want properly working Kodi HD audio passthru inc. DD+ and Atmos.

(2019-03-24, 18:40)nikos_a Wrote: Disappointing. I see that the wake up fix/slow performance is not fixed. After 8-10 hours, the box needs several presses of the button to wake up and then you can see it is slow. I did a system cleanup but nothing. Xiaomi is totally incapable of supporting a product. Had enough with them....
Same here....
(2019-03-24, 18:40)nikos_a Wrote: Disappointing. I see that the wake up fix/slow performance is not fixed. After 8-10 hours, the box needs several presses of the button to wake up and then you can see it is slow. I did a system cleanup but nothing. Xiaomi is totally incapable of supporting a product. Had enough with them....
All three of mine work fine.
Press middle button and they wake up.
I don't understand why some work and others don't.
Can anyone share the update zip please? I would love to try it on my MI box S.

Much appreciated!
(2019-03-25, 10:37)kdnoel Wrote:
All three of mine work fine.
Press middle button and they wake up.
I don't understand why some work and others don't.

I don't understand either..

Power Button works for me reliably on 2016 Mi Box with new FW v2550 - left on Standby for about 16hrs.
It's NOT slow after Wakeup.

Long pressing the "o" button is now real handy to pull up the installed Apps page.

Slowdowns on any Android boxes are usually caused by lack of Storage space.

Basically, the issue exists even after a factory reset with 5.9 (or 5.8, don't remember now) space free. If there's something wrong, then it is a fail of the company to establish proper debugging and testing. I've been to groups in fb and people also mention that the problem still exists. If it is hardware or settings issue, it is something only Xiaomi knows.
I'm not sure whether it was the solution, but, when I changed display resolution to static 4k 60 Hz instead of "adjust to TV", lagging interface and wake up problems disappeared. I had no issues to wake it up from sleep with remote or via HDMI-CEC even before latest update. Haven't done factory reset since last summer.

After last update frame rate switching works, but at the time of actual switching I see some green artifacts or greenish screen flicker for a second. It's not a lasting issue though, one second and that's it, till next frame rate adjustment. I've set the setting in Kodi to switch frame rate on start/stop. Should it be "always"?
Hey - I've got one Xiaomi Mi Box S. I can get the Dolby Digital Passthrough but I can't get the Atmos signal - it send PCM to my Denon receiver instead when I play a Dolby Atmos record. 

Would you please tell me what I am missing?

Thanks.
I'm having another issue. I use the Mi Box with an old dumb fhd tv. I now can see the auto frame rate switch working properly with kodi. The kodi gui resolution is set to 1080p 60Hz. When a movie starts playing I can see the frame rate changes to 1080p 24Hz(my movies are mostly 24hz). When the movie stops it goes to 1080p 60Hz. But when I exit kodi it reverts to 1080p 24hz. No matter if I have set auto resolution or not in droid settings it always reverts to 24Hz. Any ideas?
  • 180(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21