• 211(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Did the update to pie, hoping for some improvements and now I have issues with accessing all of my USB HDDs (formatted with NTFS). FAT32 ones are still accessible, but almost useless because of the 4GB file limit. Did anyone encounter similar issues? Any known fix?
I tried a factory reset, but no change.
You have to format it as exFAT
(2021-10-14, 16:51)HLLLLLLLLL Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 22:45)magkaki Wrote: Hi. I have mi box s. I had in on 1080p tv. Yesterday i bought an LG 4k hdr (not oled). I don't know what resolution to put in Mi box s. I see 2k/4k 30hz 50hz 60 hz. What resolution should i put? Also what color space settings? Deep color enabled or disabled? In my new tv in hdmi settings i already enabled deep color hdmi because i want hdr support. The main problem is that even if i put in Mi box S settings 2k/4k 60hz resolution, in Kodi -- system -- skin resolution i can see only 1080p resolution (not 4k). Also in whitelist there is no 4k resolution but only up to 1080p. Why? A friend of mine has Nvidia Shield and the skin resolution is normal 4k and in whitelist 4k. What should i do??

Also wondering about this. Never been able to get 4k playback, even with framerate switching enabled. Am I doing anything wrong or is true 4k playback just not possible ATM?
Did a factory reset and I am in the latest pie. Ran DRM info app - shows L1. Netflix HDR didn't work. I am not sure what resolution I am getting in Netflix. I get HDR when using same cable and setup using Roku and Firetv stick so no issues with my setup. I also get HDR/4k in youtube.  
If I use auto resolution, it chooses 4k2k30hz with color settings on and 4:4:4. I tried manually 4k2k60hz with color settings off and 4:4:4 and with color settings on and 4:2:2. Same issue.
Other issue is none of the other streaming services work - amazon prime spinning circle for couple of minutes and error when I choose either HDR or SDR movie. Disney+ spinning circle for a minute and says error playing.
Can't get kodi addons to work either. It says dependencies not found even if I try to install from the repo. Tried manually installing all dependent scripts and nothing plays either. Don't know if the hardware is broke or the software.

When I was in Oreo, Kodi dts-hd ma passthrough worked on media files, prime/netflix/hulu/disney+ addons worked. May be I broke something by upgrading to pie and later downgrading to Oreo as the addons stopped working, started getting dependencies error after I downgraded to Oreo. Now I can't get into inputstream settings either in oreo or in pie.
Benq HT3550 | Denon X4700H | Atmos 7.2.4 & DTS:X | Sony UBP X800M2 | Firetv 4k Max
Denon S760H | Sony HX800 | Mibox V3 | Pioneer BDP140 | Apple TV 4k
Is HDR10 Plus not compatible with the Mibox? I thought the problem was Kodi but it doesn't work with Plex either.
No. Neither HDR10+ nor DV.
Only HDR10 and HLG.
Oh, thanks!

I thought it was a software/codec problem
Anyone know what the current state of this box is with regard to 4k Netflix and Amazon Prime played via the Kodi App?

My understanding is that the Shield is still probably the best for for this. Is there anything that will do the above as good.

I also need a box that do SPDIF to my amp, since will be using with a projector.
(2022-07-31, 00:17)moamoa Wrote: Anyone know what the current state of this box is with regard to 4k Netflix and Amazon Prime played via the Kodi App?
Why !?!
(2022-07-31, 00:17)moamoa Wrote: I also need a box that do SPDIF to my amp, since will be using with a projector.
There are HDMI audito exstrator with HDMI port audio only for old AVa/v reciver.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2022-07-31, 00:17)moamoa Wrote: I also need a box that do SPDIF to my amp, since will be using with a projector.

You are far better off looking at HDMI audio extractors these days, than trying to find boxes with legacy Toslink SPDIF outputs. You will restrict your box choice massively if you require the box itself to have a Toslink SPDIF output.
(2022-07-31, 11:49)noggin Wrote:

You are far better off looking at HDMI audio extractors these days, than trying to find boxes with legacy Toslink SPDIF outputs. You will restrict your box choice massively if you require the box itself to have a Toslink SPDIF output.
Thanks for that advise. It was limiting my choice somewhat. So, assuming I use an audio extractor, Is something the the 4k Chomecast a better choice? What is the current best device for 4k DRM netflix/prime? I've no interest in the gaming things, so the shield feels overkill for just TV. Any recommendation on a good audio extractor to my amp? I'm guessing it would need to be one capable of taking a 4k HDCP and sending back out 4K?
I personally wouldn't recommend the Google Chromecast with Google TV as it doesn't do refresh rate switching, and fixed 60Hz output is a no-no for me.

However when it comes to HDMI stuff EZCOO products have been a good fit for me and I've used this model for UHD HDMID audio extraction in the past : https://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-Audio-Extr...07TZRXKYG/

I'm in the UK so I've posted the product link I purchased.  I am not currently using this product daily - but I have used it in the past.
(2022-08-03, 00:38)noggin Wrote: I personally wouldn't recommend the Google Chromecast with Google TV as it doesn't do refresh rate switching, and fixed 60Hz output is a no-no for me.
Yep, good point. Same for me. I'd want that too, can't stand juddering news tickers!! So, back to the Shield then...

Seems very little choice if you want something that actually works well.
(2022-08-03, 09:51)moamoa Wrote:
(2022-08-03, 00:38)noggin Wrote: I personally wouldn't recommend the Google Chromecast with Google TV as it doesn't do refresh rate switching, and fixed 60Hz output is a no-no for me.
Yep, good point. Same for me. I'd want that too, can't stand juddering news tickers!! So, back to the Shield then...

Seems very little choice if you want something that actually works well.

I separated out my DRM streaming (Apple TV 4K does that) and my Kodi (CoreElec on AMLogic or LibreElec on Raspberry Pi 4B usually) requirements. The ATV 4K is the only platform I've found that properly handles refresh rate streaming on all the main DRM platforms (Netlifx, Prime Video, Disney+ and Apple TV+ and if I leave its default output at 50Hz then the few European streaming apps I watch that don't use the tvOS frame rate API properly are still fine).  CoreElec and LibreElec on AMLogic and the Pi 4B are both good for what they are - media playback - the Pi 4B has got a lot better now it supports HDR and HD Audio bit streaming, but there are still some rough edges.

For most the issue with CoreElec is finding a well made platform to run it on - lots of cheap Android boxes that can be persuaded to run CoreElec change their internal networking and WiFi chipsets, have poor cooling solutions etc., and getting CoreElec installed on some of them can require a bit of 'guide following' (Toothpicks in AV sockets etc.)

The Hard Kernel Odroid stuff has reports of patchy reliability, terrible warranties, and it's tricky to find a nice case (the Pi 4B has a good range of nicely engineered cases in comparison) - though for many these compromises make it an almost perfect platform for everything but UHD HDR DRM stuff.

The Shield TV is so close to being very good DRM + Kodi box - but there's always something that doesn't quite land (frame rate switching in DRM apps is a kludge at the moment for instance, and there are reports that the most recent Android TV updates have caused issues with some DV content)

(It's a pity that MrMC isn't currently being developed by the look of it. It was a good Kodi fork on the Apple TV tvOS platform - minus support for Python plugins to make it App Store compliant. It does have PVR support, and I use it regularly still on my Apple TV)
I'm excited to pair this up with my 4K UHD TV from *BLEEP* and my Sonos sound set up. I'm hoping it's a good replacement for my Nvidia Shield, loved that thing. Just in time for the football season!
(2022-08-08, 17:16)Kiebry Wrote: I'm excited to pair this up...

This forum is not a platform for the advertising of the entire UHD TV collection your some UK shop.
Do this again, and your Kodi forum visit streak will have been a very short one.
  • 211(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21