• 25(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-10-23, 11:50)Koying Wrote: I did some initial testing with the box that @hdmkv was kind enough to send me.
The current problem is that the shipped firmware is "middle of the bridge". amlcodec and aml hacks are not usable, as selinux security is enabled and enforced, but amlogic is still busy (with our help) to get their 6.0 firmware compliant with android standards...

So lot of potential, but all depending on how xiaomi and amlogic work together. I'm confident in that, though, as xiaomi asked for our aml contacts, but a bit flabbergasted those contacts did not happen sooner...

Does 3D MVC playback require those hacks or is it still possible with what we have?
(2016-10-24, 13:46)jmcguire525 Wrote: Does 3D MVC playback require those hacks or is it still possible with what we have?

Yes, they do.
(2016-10-24, 14:07)Koying Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 13:46)jmcguire525 Wrote: Does 3D MVC playback require those hacks or is it still possible with what we have?

Yes, they do.

Is it possible or expected that the 6.0 firmware you mentioned will achieve 3D playback as well?
(2016-10-24, 14:21)jmcguire525 Wrote: Is it possible or expected that the 6.0 firmware you mentioned will achieve 3D playback as well?
Well now that @hdmkv has passed on his Mi Box to Koying, I would say there is now No Need for 3D MVC video playback on this device Wink Wink

(2016-10-24, 14:51)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 14:21)jmcguire525 Wrote: Is it possible or expected that the 6.0 firmware you mentioned will achieve 3D playback as well?
Well now that @hdmkv has passed on his Mi Box to Koying, I would say there is now No Need for 3D MVC video playback on this device Wink Wink

I see what you did thereBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Ha ha ... my fave Wally World isn't far away for another Mi Box Wink.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-10-24, 04:48)Ned Scott Wrote: Android TV isn't vital to WeTek at this time.....

but Android TV is vital for Youtube 4k stream and Netflix Dolby Digital Plus audio track.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2016-10-24, 16:46)looun Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 04:48)Ned Scott Wrote: Android TV isn't vital to WeTek at this time.....
but Android TV is vital for ....Netflix Dolby Digital Plus audio track.
I do not think that is true...

Can the MI box handle the skin Aeon Nox Silvo?
(2016-10-24, 17:48)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 16:46)looun Wrote:
but Android TV is vital for ....Netflix Dolby Digital Plus audio track.
I do not think that is true...
i had read here somewhere ,but maybe i remember wrong Tongue

so why Netflix Audio is still 2.0 only?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
I believe there are server side checks by Netflix to verify what device is connected and the DD+ stream is only made available to whitelisted devices using the AndroidTV (leanback) version of the Netflix app (as far as Android boxes are concerned anyway). Though the check may just be to see if the device is running the Android TV OS vs. regular Android, the assumption being that all 'certified' AndroidTV boxes are capable of DD+.
@wrxtasy is probably referring to the fact that you can mod plain Android firmware and change it into Android TV with TV Input Framework, Leanback Launcher and then you can install the "ninja" version of Netflix apk to get Dolby Digital Plus. (as has been done with WeTeK Play 2).
Koying already had the answer in the previous page.
(2016-10-23, 16:38)Koying Wrote: Mmm... I don't think there is any decoding involved, there. As far as I could notice, DD+ and Stereo are just 2 different streams from Netflix

P.S. In case you don't know, Netflix is using MPD, so multiple resolutions / audio streams described in a manifest, and the client decides which stream / resolution to use...
Its the whitelisted Netflix client that decides which Audio to use. But I have learned that for 4K Netflix you need to be using Android Marshmallow Firmware due to additional Widevine DRM requirements that were added to 6.0.

I do not think that my box is compatible with netflix HD or 4k streams, yo can check their site an see the list of compatible devices, even if any android tv box has the correct hardaware and softaware is up to netflix to allow the device to be compatible through their certification proses, and the vast majority do not pass
(2016-10-27, 20:13)mutagen Wrote: I do not think that my box is compatible with netflix HD or 4k streams, yo can check their site an see the list of compatible devices, even if any android tv box has the correct hardaware and softaware is up to netflix to allow the device to be compatible through their certification proses, and the vast majority do not pass

I just went to check the devices section of netflix and it has been seriously chopped down since the last time i checked. No mention of roku, amazon fire etc under streaming media players, no mention of any xbox under gaming consoles. Im almost positive a month ago the mi box was listed on that page. (Edit: just realised it redirects me to an Australian site, might be different for the US site)
Mutagen if your talking about the Mi box it is netflix HD and 4k certified. If your talking about some other amlogic android box then no its not.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21