• 45(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-12-04, 13:00)guaroxbmc Wrote: Internal Storage expandability, Winner = Mi Box due to Android Marshmallow's Adoptable storage features.

I did not get it work yet! I used external USB HDD (500GB), memory stick 16GB and USB to microSD converter 32GB, none of them worked! I got an unstoppable setting error when Mi Box performs the formatting to setup the external devices as internal storage.

What did you use to test this?

Thanks in advance

It worked without problems with a 32 gb SanDisk pen drive and a USB hub. I use it to expand memory for install many apps and games.
Then I found very useful apply an external hard disk to my router in which I have all my media, music and videos
(2016-12-04, 12:51)guaroxbmc Wrote: I got it in geekbuying, keep in mind that I was not able to expand the internal storage using either external HDD, memory stick and USB to MicroSD card converter. You will get stuck with 5GB approx.

WUT? wait i cant download or play stuff from external hddHuh?? O.o why they place an usb port then? XDD
You misunderstand. He's talking about expanding the internal memory in order to be able to install more apps than possible right now. Usually you can't just plug in a USB drive and install apps on it. Of course you can play files from an external drive as usual.
oooh ok ok tyvm.

ok gonna buy it from geekbuying them as a Christmas gift
(2016-12-04, 16:41)maracas Wrote: oooh ok ok tyvm.

@maracas @joalin

I retested it and found out that I can migrate the apps, but one by one. I have to first install the app in the internal storage and then move the app to the external device.

@maracas, I could sell this to you. I got this 2 weeks ago, I bought it in geekbuying EU warehouse to avoid any problem with German's custom. I live in Munich and could send it to you, let me know if you are interested.

Cheers!
(2016-12-04, 16:41)maracas Wrote: oooh ok ok tyvm.

@maracas, I could sell this to you. I got this 2 weeks ago, I bought it in geekbuying EU warehouse to avoid any problem with German's custom. I live in Munich and could send it to you, let me know if you are interested.
(2016-12-04, 15:26)zival Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 13:00)guaroxbmc Wrote: Internal Storage expandability, Winner = Mi Box due to Android Marshmallow's Adoptable storage features.

I did not get it work yet! I used external USB HDD (500GB), memory stick 16GB and USB to microSD converter 32GB, none of them worked! I got an unstoppable setting error when Mi Box performs the formatting to setup the external devices as internal storage.

What did you use to test this?

Thanks in advance

It worked without problems with a 32 gb SanDisk pen drive and a USB hub. I use it to expand memory for install many apps and games.
Then I found very useful apply an external hard disk to my router in which I have all my media, music and videos

You got the adoptable storage to work? I thought it was a known issue for everyone that it failed to add External as Adopted. Mine errors every time and it is my biggest issue with the box.
(2016-12-05, 11:16)sibeer Wrote: You got the adoptable storage to work? I thought it was a known issue for everyone that it failed to add External as Adopted. Mine errors every time and it is my biggest issue with the box.
I've gotten around to testing it and I too keep getting a "Settings Failure" when trying to Format the USB2 flash drive as Adoptable Storage.

Not Good. Another Bug it seems. I will try this in the Hub's MM test Firmware.
Time to Note this in the comparison review.

(2016-12-04, 04:35)wrxtasy Wrote: 1080p streaming is not an issue with quality 5GHz 802.11 (N) WiFi. Dual Band 802.11 (AC) WiFi even better.

b) and use a big advancedsettings.xml Kodi video buffer

Where do I find a preconfigured advancedsettings.xml for the Mi Box? Thanks!
(2016-12-05, 11:36)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 11:16)sibeer Wrote: You got the adoptable storage to work? I thought it was a known issue for everyone that it failed to add External as Adopted. Mine errors every time and it is my biggest issue with the box.
I've gotten around to testing it and I too keep getting a "Settings Failure" when trying to Format the USB2 flash drive as Adoptable Storage.

Not Good. Another Bug it seems. I will try this in the Hub's MM test Firmware.
Time to Note this in the comparison review.

I retested it yesterday. I used an external HDD 500GB. I did set the external HDD as internal storage and got an error at the end of the process, BUT I was able to migrate the apps, including games (eg. data/OBB files) to the external device as long as you move one by one. Then, you will see how the internal storage (5GB) gets free space back.

Cheers!
Quote:It has probably been asked before, but with Android Nougat requiring OpenGL ES 3.1, isn't this box a bit of a dead end? Mali 450 graphics is OpenGL ES 2.0 AFAIK. So there will never be Nougat on all those devices?
Nobody cares it seems.
(2016-12-05, 13:02)CiNcH Wrote:
Quote:It has probably been asked before, but with Android Nougat requiring OpenGL ES 3.1, isn't this box a bit of a dead end? Mali 450 graphics is OpenGL ES 2.0 AFAIK. So there will never be Nougat on all those devices?
Nobody cares it seems.

And why should we, really Wink
AFAIK, no box whatsoever is guranteed to get N, besides probably Shield...
Hi, i´m new and the mi box is my first android box. I have a question because i noticed something strange with the mi box colour gradation. I play bluray rips and with my old panasonic bd player colours are uniform, but with mi box i can see a lot of gradation (like if they have low bit depth). This happens also with youtube and not only kodi.

In the other hand deep colour option doesn´t work, and if i disconnect the mi box this value returns to its default value (Off).

If someone knows how to solve that i will appreciate it. Thanks
(2016-12-06, 10:38)jlmcr87 Wrote: Hi, i´m new and the mi box is my first android box. I have a question because i noticed something strange with the mi box colour gradation. I play bluray rips and with my old panasonic bd player colours are uniform, but with mi box i can see a lot of gradation (like if they have low bit depth). This happens also with youtube and not only kodi.

In the other hand deep colour option doesn´t work, and if i disconnect the mi box this value returns to its default value (Off).

If someone knows how to solve that i will appreciate it. Thanks

How did you set the output? (resolution & fps)
(2016-12-05, 11:42)313Flex Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 04:35)wrxtasy Wrote: 1080p streaming is not an issue with quality 5GHz 802.11 (N) WiFi. Dual Band 802.11 (AC) WiFi even better.

b) and use a big advancedsettings.xml Kodi video buffer

Where do I find a preconfigured advancedsettings.xml for the Mi Box? Thanks!

Do a search for my post in this thread .... I have post setting twice that will get this box the ability to stream Blu-ray rip with no issues on a 1080 HD 3d tv . I can not speak for 4k users.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21