• 46(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-12-06, 13:56)Trunks78 Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 10:38)jlmcr87 Wrote: Hi, i´m new and the mi box is my first android box. I have a question because i noticed something strange with the mi box colour gradation. I play bluray rips and with my old panasonic bd player colours are uniform, but with mi box i can see a lot of gradation (like if they have low bit depth). This happens also with youtube and not only kodi.

In the other hand deep colour option doesn´t work, and if i disconnect the mi box this value returns to its default value (Off).

If someone knows how to solve that i will appreciate it. Thanks

How did you set the output? (resolution & fps)

1080p/60 fps.

Check the dark gradation in this video. Look at the sky, second 15 to 25: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0uKPQpLMyI&t=16s

As you can see the sky is not uniform:

If you are alert you can see this in all content played on the mi box.

Also I have tried with another HDMI cable but same results.
(2016-12-06, 14:19)jlmcr87 Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 13:56)Trunks78 Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 10:38)jlmcr87 Wrote: Hi, i´m new and the mi box is my first android box. I have a question because i noticed something strange with the mi box colour gradation. I play bluray rips and with my old panasonic bd player colours are uniform, but with mi box i can see a lot of gradation (like if they have low bit depth). This happens also with youtube and not only kodi.

In the other hand deep colour option doesn´t work, and if i disconnect the mi box this value returns to its default value (Off).

How did you set the output? (resolution & fps)

1080p/60 fps.

Check the dark gradation in this video. Look at the sky, second 15 to 25: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0uKPQpLMyI&t=16s

As you can see the sky is not uniform:

If you are alert you can see this in all content played on the mi box.

Also I have tried with another HDMI cable but same results.
Have you try using Mi Box as a chromecast and cast that youtube 4k video and see if it has the same problem? btw is yout tv 4k or 1080p?
(2016-12-06, 10:38)jlmcr87 Wrote: In the other hand deep colour option doesn´t work, and if i disconnect the mi box this value returns to its default value (Off).
Deep Color mode only works for 4K resolutions on the Mi Box (all Amlogic S905X). It is a little different from how Deep Color is defined in HDMI spec. Deep Color on Amlogic just enables 10-bit Rec.2020 output (YCbCr 4:4:4 or 4:2:0)

I will check the YouTube clip that you have linked and see whether I get banding on my TV. Do you get banding with Blu-ray rips also?
Anyone have this problem?

Video output 1080/60
Youtube app, video 1080p/50 fine.
Youtube app, video 1080p/60, audio/video stuttering.
(2016-12-07, 20:32)noisemake Wrote: Anyone have this problem?

Video output 1080/60
Youtube app, video 1080p/60 fine, audio/video stuttering.

Enable hdmi adaptation in settings
I bought mine from GeekBuying, pretty sure it's the same place I got my Minix. Offers free international shipping, but I paid a bit extra for DHL since there's nothing worse than waiting for a slow 5-week boat from China.
Good thing too, because it states on their website that it can take up to a week before they even ship it. It took two weeks for me to get it via DHL.

I live in Australia, so they included an aussie adapter to plug into the power supply. My MiBox came in a plain brown box with a Mi logo. Packaging looked nice.

As for the Mi Box itself, i'm currently disappointed with 1080p performance with scene rips. I tried a Sparks release of Star Trek Beyond and the bastard barely got past the Paramount logo before stuttering. This is playback on a usb drive, not wifi or ethernet. I tried standard Kodi and Archos. Kodi was better, but still noticeable.
(2016-12-08, 10:58)jlmcr87 Wrote:
(2016-12-07, 20:32)noisemake Wrote: Anyone have this problem?

Video output 1080/60
Youtube app, video 1080p/60, audio/video stuttering.

Enable hdmi adaptation in settings

Already activeSad
It happens after box go in suspend mode, only one solution is reboot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comme...ubexiaomi/
(2016-12-08, 11:51)Prizm4 Wrote: I bought mine from GeekBuying, pretty sure it's the same place I got my Minix. Offers free international shipping, but I paid a bit extra for DHL since there's nothing worse than waiting for a slow 5-week boat from China.
Good thing too, because it states on their website that it can take up to a week before they even ship it. It took two weeks for me to get it via DHL.

I live in Australia, so they included an aussie adapter to plug into the power supply. My MiBox came in a plain brown box with a Mi logo. Packaging looked nice.

As for the Mi Box itself, i'm currently disappointed with 1080p performance with scene rips. I tried a Sparks release of Star Trek Beyond and the bastard barely got past the Paramount logo before stuttering. This is playback on a usb drive, not wifi or ethernet. I tried standard Kodi and Archos. Kodi was better, but still noticeable.

Shouldn't be a issue I watch full bluray rips.... Use spmc and search this thread for my settings.... You need to add I think I have about a 30mb buffer..... Yes it is slower to start but for 1080 you shouldn't have any problems.... I have posted all settings once or twice now.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2016-12-08, 14:28)smitchell6879 Wrote: Shouldn't be a issue I watch full bluray rips.... Use spmc and search this thread for my settings.... You need to add I think I have about a 30mb buffer..... Yes it is slower to start but for 1080 you shouldn't have any problems.... I have posted all settings once or twice now.

I gave SPMC a go and the video looked good, I was impressed. Was trying to avoid Kodi though, if I could.

I just wonder what app Xiaomi used to test their product.. I'm not the first to complain of stuttering video.
I agree the shutter and lot from what I hear is with 4k ... I was was just sharing what works for me spmc still shutters as well if you do not change all the settings... All my local media coming from a smb windows share over AC wireless I have no issue just a buffer on all videos.

And that would be interesting to see how they actually tested this box that ia a definite agree.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
for those 1080p users with problems with 60fps in youtube change you developer options to best frame rate instead of the default best resolution.
Does the Mi Box allow for Network Debugging? I'd like to use adbLink as I do for the Shield TV. Not seeing it as an option in Developer Options on the Mi Box. Might just have answered my own Q but want to be sure.
(2016-12-08, 11:51)Prizm4 Wrote: I bought mine from GeekBuying, pretty sure it's the same place I got my Minix. Offers free international shipping, but I paid a bit extra for DHL since there's nothing worse than waiting for a slow 5-week boat from China.

Install latest kodi 17 beta 6.
how good is the wifi hardware?? do i need an ap right next to the mi box? or i can have my modem/router 6 meters away? (not planning to use 4k for now and going to use 2.4 ghz band
I'm thinking about getting one as well but I like outside the US, can I get it from Geekbuying?

They recently posted this video:
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21