• 48(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
As it says in the Review its not possible. Xiaomi need to update their Firmware to even allow refresh switching.

Even on working Refresh Switching AMLogic Android Kodi / SPMC boxes - resolution switching does not work correctly with Android. Refresh switching does.
You have to use an AMLogic LibreELEC Kodi box for Resolution switching and proper Video and Graphic user interface scaling.

(2016-12-10, 13:57)wrxtasy Wrote: resolution switching does not work correctly with Android.

Works with AFTV2.
For the others, it all depends on their willingness to implement the Android API fully...
(2016-12-10, 14:22)Koying Wrote:
(2016-12-10, 13:57)wrxtasy Wrote: resolution switching does not work correctly with Android.

Works with AFTV2.
For the others, it all depends on their willingness to implement the Android API fully...
So Kodi works ok on the resolution switching in Amazon Fire TV 2 with out any software modification?
thanks before hand for your attention
(2016-12-08, 19:38)mjbxx Wrote: Does the Mi Box allow for Network Debugging? I'd like to use adbLink as I do for the Shield TV. Not seeing it as an option in Developer Options on the Mi Box. Might just have answered my own Q but want to be sure.
I can confirm that the Mi Box does not allow for Network Debugging. Utilizing Minimal ADB and Fast Boot with USB Debugging turned on in the Mi Box while connected to a PC via male to male USB cable did the trick. It's a bit of a PIA but I really enjoy having SPMC Launcher over the stock Leanback Launcher.
(2016-12-10, 21:39)mjbxx Wrote: I can confirm that the Mi Box does not allow for Network Debugging. Utilizing Minimal ADB and Fast Boot with USB Debugging turned on in the Mi Box while connected to a PC via male to male USB cable did the trick. It's a bit of a PIA but I really enjoy having SPMC Launcher over the stock Leanback Launcher.

Just do "adb tcpip 5555" once (per reboot) et voilà, network debugging Wink
(2016-12-10, 22:26)Koying Wrote:
(2016-12-10, 21:39)mjbxx Wrote: I can confirm that the Mi Box does not allow for Network Debugging. Utilizing Minimal ADB and Fast Boot with USB Debugging turned on in the Mi Box while connected to a PC via male to male USB cable did the trick. It's a bit of a PIA but I really enjoy having SPMC Launcher over the stock Leanback Launcher.

Just do "adb tcpip 5555" once (per reboot) et voilà, network debugging Wink
Do you have to do it in ADB Shell?
(2016-12-10, 22:26)Koying Wrote: Just do "adb tcpip 5555" once (per reboot) et voilà, network debugging Wink
Have tried it before, didn't work. It gives a "connection refused" error. Does it work for you?

Tried again now. It works!
(2016-12-10, 14:22)Koying Wrote:

Works with AFTV2.
@Koying, nice work on AFTV gen2 w/4K switching. To me FTV2 is a better player than Mi Box. I'm still using your 2016-11-21 build, but will wait on 16.5.2 as you've commented here.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-12-10, 22:30)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-12-10, 22:26)Koying Wrote: Just do "adb tcpip 5555" once (per reboot) et voilà, network debugging Wink
Have tried it before, didn't work. It gives a "connection refused" error. Does it work for you?

Tried again now. It works!
Can you possibly provide details on how I should do this? I'd much rather do Network Debugging as opposed to USB Debugging.
(2016-12-10, 23:57)mjbxx Wrote: Can you possibly provide details on how I should do this? I'd much rather do Network Debugging as opposed to USB Debugging.
Since network debugging is not enabled by default, you will have to switch the listening port to 5555 with every boot like @Koying has mentioned in his post.

Enable USB debugging, connect PC and Xiaomi Mi box via USB A-A cable.
Since you are using minimal adb and fast boot, open that.
Make sure the Mi box is connected ("adb devices" will list the connected devices)
Enter adb tcpip 5555, It will switch to listening to port 5555
Now you can remove the USB cable and network adb will work until you reboot the device.
What are the pro and cons between this and aftv2 in watching Kodi?
I just had a total freeze of the box while spmc was scrapping movies in a hard disk connected in the router. Just turning off and on by power cable was not enough to get the system work again. I have to power off both the mi box and even the remote control. Now everything seems to work fine, but I had 5 minutes of panic [emoji28] [emoji28]
(2016-12-03, 19:08)Soul_Est Wrote:
(2016-11-29, 21:27)xel_arjona Wrote: So... No Bluetooth DualShock3(4) controller support..? I seen some youtube videos where ppl are using them with XBox One bluetooth's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scHU08zbFvA

How this box compares with MINIX AmLogic S905X Neo U1...?

Cheers!

No DualShock 3 support due to what @wrxtasy pointed out here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2466541

You do however have support for the DualShock 4 as you can connect it to the Mi Box as a Bluetooth HID. Just press and hold the Share and PS buttons until the light bar on the DualShock 4 starts flashing. Connect to the controller as you would any other Bluetooth device and you're good to go.
For some reason I can't seem to pair the dualshock 4 as stated. The Mi Box sees the DS4 and starts to pair but then gives an error "Can't Pair" every time. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G930W8
(2016-11-24, 14:26)givanosky Wrote: I bought this adapter.
https://www.amazon.es/%C3%B3ptico-Toslin....5+TOSLink

And it works perfectly, audio dts 5.1 and ac3 5.1 passthrough

I do not know why no longer detects audio dts, only ac3 the amplifier.

I also keep the hdd problem that does not stop, I think I will use a raspberry as a server, but I can not understand that the disk boot once my box is suspended
Maybe a stupid question but how do i install the latest spmc 16.5.2 on my MiBox?
(https://github.com/koying/SPMC/releases/...bi-v7a.apk)
The one from playstore is 16.4.2 August release

Wonderful box by the way :-)
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21