• 49(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-12-12, 11:22)tvniklas Wrote: The one from playstore is 16.4.2 August release
https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/SPMC...of-working
The copies in a usb, and you open it with some file manager, xplore
@Koying what is the difference between the APK and the APK Launcher APK version?
(2016-12-12, 14:48)zival Wrote: @Koying what is the difference between the APK and the APK Launcher APK version?

If you don't know, it means you don't need the Launcher version Wink
... or I need but I still don't know...
Hi, i tried to install the SPMC-16.5.2-spmc-2d86e3f-aarch64.apk but it returns "app not installed", so i can install only SPMC-16.5.2-spmc-2d86e3f-armeabi-v7a.apk. why?
shouldn't be the first one the 64 bit version ?
I having a small problem with the sound setting when playing a MKV dts from computer.
If I set the channels to 5.1 as i have on my Onkyo656, no sound and stuttering picture.
If i set it to 2.0 it works perfectly.
Settings:
Android, IEC Passthrough on both options
Ac3 and dts marked
Ac3 trancecoding option , not marked.

Is there an issue with is or does it send the right stream to the amplifier?
mi box pro looks like its coming out

http://www.mi.com/en/miboxpro/

uses android 5.1 not android tv 6.0 and still no Ethernet built in.
No Android TV OS.
(2016-12-02, 10:23)wrxtasy Wrote: [quote='xoding' pid='2468190' dateline='1480664612']

A word of warning there is a seller on Aliexpress called MOBASE I had quite a number of problems with them with incorrect tracking (x3). Extensive delays and deceptive conduct. Other guys from Oz have been using the MeMoSmart Store with good service.

Stay away from the MOBASE store.

Ive ordered mine from mobase (Aliexpress) the 22 November and tracking says it departed china airport 6Dec and nothing more since then...
I'l let you know when i get it.
The one from geekbuying took 10days to arrive.
So you know where to buy from international.
Sorry if being repetitive, but I understand from this thread that KODI wont run in UHD resolution on this device, and is limited to 1080p@60fps?

I'm especially interested in using KODI's photo slideshow function and I'm looking for a device that i can pair with my 60 inch 4k UHD TV and run the slideshow in the TVs native resolution, to have a digital photo frame. Would that be possible with the MiBox?

Thanks
Markus
You can set 4k2k60hz is the Mi Box's Android settings, then all Apps including SPMC (Kodi) will output 2160p (4K/UHD) content at full res.

(2016-12-14, 12:34)tvniklas Wrote: I having a small problem with the sound setting when playing a MKV dts from computer.
If I set the channels to 5.1 as i have on my Onkyo656, no sound and stuttering picture.
If i set it to 2.0 it works perfectly.
Settings:
Android, IEC Passthrough on both options
Ac3 and dts marked
Ac3 transcoding option , not marked.

If you have not found it yet....

Realtime convert DTS to Dolby digital 5.1?

Quote:- Set speakers to 2.0
- Enable AC3 passthrough
- Enable AC3 Transcode
- Disable DTS
- Disable EAC3

now every multichannel format will be transcoded to 5.1 AC3. Don't be confused by the 2.0 speakers - those are PCM settings only.

(2016-12-15, 12:42)wrxtasy Wrote: You can set 4k2k60hz is the Mi Box's Android settings, then all Apps including SPMC (Kodi) will output 2160p (4K/UHD) content at full res.

If you have not found it yet....

Realtime convert DTS to Dolby digital 5.1?

Quote:- Set speakers to 2.0
- Enable AC3 passthrough
- Enable AC3 Transcode
- Disable DTS
- Disable EAC3

now every multichannel format will be transcoded to 5.1 AC3. Don't be confused by the 2.0 speakers - those are PCM settings only.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot, havent found that. Will try it.
Thanks
Unfortunately, I could not find an answer on the forum although I am sure this must have asked many times before.

Is it possible to run Kodi on the Mibox or just the fork? I always thought the original Kodi is in the Googlestore, but it feels from the thread that I need to leverage a fork instead?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2016-12-17, 02:45)steve1977 Wrote: Unfortunately, I could not find an answer on the forum although I am sure this must have asked many times before.

Is it possible to run Kodi on the Mibox or just the fork? I always thought the original Kodi is in the Googlestore, but it feels from the thread that I need to leverage a fork instead?

You can use Kodi or SPMC. Both are available through the Play Store. There is no need to sideload anything.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21