• 56(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Weird v3.3.2 Netflix has been working fine on the Mi Box I have here and my sisters Mi Box - with it directly connected to the TV - using no VPN workarounds or anything.

I would personally downgrade the Netflix App if having issues to rule out an App problem, use this v3.2.2 one after un-installing the current version:
https://foosty666.store.aptoide.com/app/...00/Netflix

Sideload it using the X-Plore App.

(2017-01-11, 04:17)wrxtasy Wrote: Weird v3.3.2 Netflix has been working fine on the Mi Box I have here and my sisters Mi Box - with it directly connected to the TV - using no VPN workarounds or anything.

I would personally downgrade the Netflix App if having issues to rule out an App problem, use this v3.2.2 one after un-installing the current version:
https://foosty666.store.aptoide.com/app/...00/Netflix

Sideload it using the X-Plore App.
Just tried that build, 1470, and still no luck.

Sent from my SM-G930W8
(2017-01-11, 02:07)awp0 Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 22:30)ingbrzy Wrote: My MiBOX got OTA today 557.3MB... lets see if some bugs resolved...

Cool. Any news on MPEG2 video quality improvement? I'll try to test it later if there's no feedback yet (to see if this thing will continue collecting dust in my setup).
Are you aware that when using SPMC with any mpeg2 / TV / DVD with up to 480/576i (SD) resolution - content ?
You can see much improved interlaced mpeg2 SD video quality if you:

a) Go into SPMC > Settings > Video > Acceleration > mpeg2 > select HD and Up
b) When this SD mpeg2 content is playing use the OSD > Video Settings > Deinterlace Method > select YADIF 2X > Set as default for all media.

Interlaced mpeg2 content by default when played with SPMC will only use conservative, inferior Half motion mpeg2 Software deinterlacing. You will see 2 or 3 balls blurring across the TV screen when watching fast action sports with Half motion deinterlacing.

All this means nothing if you are trying to view 1080i mpeg2 content. The Mi Box still cannot handle it well when using Kodi Jarvis.
Using the Live Channels App and TvHeadend - is a different story however for both H264 and mpeg2 1080i viewing.

However ! There is hope coming with Kodi 18.0 Leia. 1080i H264 and mpeg2 deinterlacing is working with this test version:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Hint Select > Sync Playback to Display in Video settings. I believe it works in this version of Kodi Leia. I'm playing 25i OTA TV @ 60Hz and I can hear the Audio Pitch change as audio is resampled to Sync with the 60Hz video output.

Unfortunately the above test Kodi 18 Leia gives only half motion deinterlacing.

W.

Hi,
i' have a problem with HBO Nordic or Spain(it/s the same). When send the content to the mi box through chromecast. The reproduction doesn't start. Someone has the same problem?
thank you.
Hi guys i have downloaded latest firmware but now i can't use my internet provider streaming app, i think DRM problem with new firmware.

Anyone know if it's safe to downgrade firmware? I have downloaded it

Yandex MiBOX3_USA_once_r454.zip
la md5: b22494ee66de8105cf0dc873b7ad65d2

Thanks
(2017-01-11, 15:10)noisemake Wrote: Hi guys i have downloaded latest firmware but now i can't use my internet provider streaming app, i think DRM problem with new firmware.

Anyone know if it's safe to downgrade firmware? I have downloaded it

Yandex MiBOX3_USA_once_r454.zip
la md5: b22494ee66de8105cf0dc873b7ad65d2

Thanks

Whats the name of the streaming app that doesn't work anymore?

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the streaming app?
Restored old firmware , now all ok with TIMVISION , and anyway no problem with netflix..

Yes djfh543, i tried to reset data of app and after to unistall it.

Now with old firmware all ok.
(2017-01-11, 04:02)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 02:47)Ambidex Wrote: [quote='woronczak' pid='2497992' dateline='1484084180']

Still no refresh rate switching Confused C'mon Xiaomi!
The title is Netflix DRM patch and security update, so I suspect it has more to do with that stuff (while i never had problems with Netflix, I understand lots of people did). In my brief checking, there is nothing super visible.

Yes confirmed as well.

All previous 10bit HEVC content that produced green playback screens previously now plays just fine - and yes across a local Home Network. No need for SPMC / MX Player workarounds anymore for regular non-HDR 10 bit HEVC. Smile

All Xiaomi need to give us now is Refresh Switching.

One question please. Isn't refresh switching solved by HDMI Adaptation" feature?
(2017-01-11, 21:50)discovery Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 04:02)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 02:47)Ambidex Wrote: [quote='woronczak' pid='2497992' dateline='1484084180']

Still no refresh rate switching Confused C'mon Xiaomi!
The title is Netflix DRM patch and security update, so I suspect it has more to do with that stuff (while i never had problems with Netflix, I understand lots of people did). In my brief checking, there is nothing super visible.

Yes confirmed as well.

All previous 10bit HEVC content that produced green playback screens previously now plays just fine - and yes across a local Home Network. No need for SPMC / MX Player workarounds anymore for regular non-HDR 10 bit HEVC. Smile

All Xiaomi need to give us now is Refresh Switching.

One question please. Isn't refresh switching solved by HDMI Adaptation" feature?

HDMI adaptation does not switch refresh rate. I am actually not entirely sure what it does - is it the equivalent of Kodi / SPMC "Sync playback to display" ?
I am getting nothing but jumping in kodi.
I just picked up the mibox today. I looked in the kodi settings but everything seems ok
As soon as i play a file it starts jerking the video.
Maybe i might need to update my modem router.

Anything I should do for the best settings?
Just installed the kodi that was on the app store which i believe is 16.2
Try SPMC or disable MediaCodec under Video Acceleration settings in Kodi

Sent from my Pixel
(2017-01-12, 09:33)banshee2008 Wrote: Try SPMC or disable MediaCodec under Video Acceleration settings in Kodi

Sent from my Pixel (typie typie)

I have SMPC and used the settings on page 26. I will try the disabling of MediaCodec under spmc?
The advanced setting tweaks seem pretty good at the moment. I think the wifi i have is the weak point now.
(2017-01-11, 06:48)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 02:07)awp0 Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 22:30)ingbrzy Wrote: My MiBOX got OTA today 557.3MB... lets see if some bugs resolved...

Cool. Any news on MPEG2 video quality improvement? I'll try to test it later if there's no feedback yet (to see if this thing will continue collecting dust in my setup).
Are you aware that when using SPMC with any mpeg2 / TV / DVD with up to 480/576i (SD) resolution - content ?
You can see much improved interlaced mpeg2 SD video quality if you:

a) Go into SPMC > Settings > Video > Acceleration > mpeg2 > select HD and Up
b) When this SD mpeg2 content is playing use the OSD > Video Settings > Deinterlace Method > select YADIF 2X > Set as default for all media.

Interlaced mpeg2 content by default when played with SPMC will only use conservative, inferior Half motion mpeg2 Software deinterlacing. You will see 2 or 3 balls blurring across the TV screen when watching fast action sports with Half motion deinterlacing.

All this means nothing if you are trying to view 1080i mpeg2 content. The Mi Box still cannot handle it well when using Kodi Jarvis.
Using the Live Channels App and TvHeadend - is a different story however for both H264 and mpeg2 1080i viewing.

However ! There is hope coming with Kodi 18.0 Leia. 1080i H264 and mpeg2 deinterlacing is working with this test version:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Hint Select > Sync Playback to Display in Video settings. I believe it works in this version of Kodi Leia. I'm playing 25i OTA TV @ 60Hz and I can hear the Audio Pitch change as audio is resampled to Sync with the 60Hz video output.

Unfortunately the above test Kodi 18 Leia gives only half motion deinterlacing.

W.

Thanks, yes, I remember these discoveries. Unfortunately almost all of the content that I like to watch in Live TV is 1080i MPEG2. All I would like to see is a Live TV picture quality that is comparable to the Raspberry Pi. I agree that MPEG2 is inherently never going to be perfect, but the difference between Mi Box and RaspPi for 1080i MPEG2 is night and day.

Thank you for this info on Leia! I was not aware of this and surely I'll give it some testing to see how it performs!
I've been told that Kodi Leia test release contains AML Kodi Video Sync timing patches from the AML Kodi dev. peak3d

Over in AML LibreELEC Krypton we are using them to produce very good Video Sync results. In fact the best I've of seen for Kodi and AMLogic video ever. Smile

AMLogic Kernel patches are needed as well and that will likely take time to filter thru to AMLogic Android Marshmallow Firmware.

If you are an Amazon Prime Video member you may also want to checkout the Kodi Amazon addon when using that test version above.

Good Morning.
I received my xiaomi my box today.
But now I need help installing spmc?
What version and how should I install it?
Thank you all for your help.
Sorry for my english by google
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21