• 95(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Thanks @chateau
(2017-04-17, 11:19)noisemake Wrote: link to google server of last stable release android 6 r750 Link

nougat beta Link

Hi there

Are you able to link to the "new" marshmallow firmware that is available since overnight?
Did not fix FLAC 5.1. I'm returning it to Wally World and going Pi.
You do know about the Pi, HEVC(H265) Software decoding limitations ?

(2017-04-19, 09:59)gwlbe Wrote: Did not fix FLAC 5.1.

Could someone remind me what is this "FLAC 5.1" issue? Is multichannel broken?
How can I downgrade form beta to stable? Remote control is not working in recovery mode. I don´t know what to do. Thanks
(2017-04-19, 11:50)wrxtasy Wrote: You do know about the Pi, HEVC(H265) Software decoding limitations ?

I guess for lots of people H265 is still not an issue. It isn't for me. I don't have any HEVC/H265 content other than some OTA recordings of the BBC UHD tests, apart from some test encodes I mastered myself and the Astra 28.2 UHD test channels (which aren't exactly must-see)

For those of us who mainly play MPEG2/H264 SD and MPEG2/VC-1/H264 (and in some cases MVC) from our DVDs, Blu-rays and OTA/Satellite/Cable TV, H265/HEVC simply isn't an issue. I realise some re-compress their content to reduce filesize, but many of us don't.

If you live in Germany and watch OTA - then 1080p50 H265/HEVC compatibility is far more of an issue...
(2017-04-19, 12:13)jlmcr87 Wrote: How can I downgrade form beta to stable?
Remote control is not working in recovery mode. I don´t know what to do. Thanks
I bet you have un-paired the remote mistakingly by pressing the Back Button and small middle "o" button.
Reboot the Mi Box completely and BT-pair it again. Remove the batteries if you have to.

OR

Attach a USB Keyboard.

OR Do some DIY and get down and dirty

Kodi cannot help you with Firmware DIY re-installs. You are now on your own.

FLAC 5.1 only plays in 2.0.
(2017-04-19, 12:36)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-04-19, 12:13)jlmcr87 Wrote: How can I downgrade form beta to stable?
Remote control is not working in recovery mode. I don´t know what to do. Thanks
I bet you have un-paired the remote mistakingly by pressing the Back Button and small middle "o" button.
Reboot the Mi Box completely and BT-pair it again. Remove the batteries if you have to.

OR

Attach a USB Keyboard.

OR Do some DIY and get down and dirty

Kodi cannot help you with Firmware DIY re-installs. You are now on your own.

With the xiaomi_update file it attempts to install the zip file, but gives an error in the middle of the process. Ok it doesn´t matter. I´m only worried about been able to install the final release of nougat via OTA or zip in the future.
Thumbs Up 
Hi, latest update fixed LAN internet for me, before my ethernet/usb hub only had the usb part working!

I also want to watch IPTV (Dutch TV) can any one point me in the right direction?
I got SPMC and pvr client, just need the right m3u file/URL.

Also how do you guys connect your mi box?
I got a 4K TV and a 4K/AV stereo receiver, My mi box is connected to my TV through HDMI and then a optical cable from my TV to my stereo.
It plays 5.1 sound just not sure if its my receiver doing this or that im really getting 5.1.
(2017-04-19, 13:45)SWADED Wrote: I got a 4K TV and a 4K/AV stereo receiver, My mi box is connected to my TV through HDMI and then a optical cable from my TV to my stereo.
It plays 5.1 sound just not sure if its my receiver doing this or that im really getting 5.1.

If you can connect your Mi Box to your AV receiver and then use that to connect it to your TV you'll have a higher quality audio connection. HDMI carries higher quality audio than Optical. (Optical is limited to PCM 2.0 or lossy DD/DTS compressed stuff - and TV Optical outs often only output PCM 2.0 from HDMI sources, with DD limited to tuner/internal Smart TV apps only). HDMI can carry all those but also carries PCM 5.1/7.1, Dolby Digital+, Dolby True HD and DTS HD MA/HRA if your Mi box supports those formats for output)
(2017-04-19, 15:19)noggin Wrote:
(2017-04-19, 13:45)SWADED Wrote: I got a 4K TV and a 4K/AV stereo receiver, My mi box is connected to my TV through HDMI and then a optical cable from my TV to my stereo.

If you can connect your Mi Box to your AV receiver and then use that to connect it to your TV you'll have a higher quality audio connection. HDMI carries higher quality audio than Optical. (Optical is limited to PCM 2.0 or lossy DD/DTS compressed stuff - and TV Optical outs often only output PCM 2.0 from HDMI sources, with DD limited to tuner/internal Smart TV apps only). HDMI can carry all those but also carries PCM 5.1/7.1, Dolby Digital+, Dolby True HD and DTS HD MA/HRA if your Mi box supports those formats for output)

In my case i have an stereo amplifier, so optical is enough for me.
The NBA League Pass app has weird audio issues for me, audio is several seconds off on some broadcasts. Never ran into this issue watching through a browser on my pc or even other Android devices. The Mi Box has its own version of the NBA app that is different from any other I've seen. There's posts about this on the Xiaomi message boards but solution on sight: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-b...sue.37161/

Also the Mi Box version is the NBA LP app is stripped down and missing some broadcast options that all the others have. I have would love to just be able to install the usual NBA Android app.

Anyone wrestled with these same issues?
Nba app has audio-picture sync issues. Confused Kodi nba League pass add on works well but sometimes doesn't find correct URL and doesn't work. I wanted to use mi box for streaming nba, Netflix and maybe Amazon prime video instead of my ps4 but nothing work 100%, for me. Netflix because of no 5.1 sound, I don't have dd+ audio receiver, nba playback issues and prive video doesn't work. Fortunately ps4 plays these 3 services streaming super fine but I had to make an American account to download Amazon prime app and a Canadian for nba app that logs in to an international league pass account :p

P.S Is there a way to downgrade to marshmallow from beta nougat? Flashing the former as update.zip doesn't work.
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21