• 5(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Well I am eager to see the performance of this box as a media center.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3
http://phandroid.com/2016/09/07/xiaomi-mi-box-price/

The news is that the device is set to launch this October, and it’ll have a very attractive price point to attract potential buyers. Long story short: you probably don’t need to save more than $100.
Received this email from Geekbuying this a couple of days ago. It appears they will be receiving them next week and will start shipping them. Again, I am confused, because I had the understanding that the US version was to only be sold in the US and Canada. Guess I will know in a couple of weeks.

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for your order from Geekbuying.

We are sorry to tell you that the item you ordered "371297 MI BOX H.265 210250 " is too popular to meet all the demands ,

we just need to get them from the factory .it is estimated that it will be in stock next week.
please don't worry ,once it is in stock , we will ship it out ASAP. and will send you a message with the tracking number.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Silvia
I wonder if ethernet will work trough usb to ethernet adapter as it is half the price of shield.
Since the box is using miui, the chances are it won't work.

(2016-09-09, 23:08)SuperLuigi Wrote: Since the box is using miui, the chances are it won't work.

Um...it's running Official Android TV,not MIUI.
Really? Xiaomi is using the official one?

Thats a first Smile

Then great.

Hey guys,

I just saw this posted on another site. The first sign of Mi Boxes appearing on shelves.
This picture was apparently taken at a Wal-Mart today.

Wow, released quietly ... hopefully not a bad sign. Good price.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-09-23, 21:16)hdmkv Wrote: Wow, released quietly ... hopefully not a bad sign. Good price.
I think the 69 price tag is for a netgear router :p

Sent from my SM-G935F
(2016-09-23, 21:31)wapvi Wrote:
(2016-09-23, 21:16)hdmkv Wrote: Wow, released quietly ... hopefully not a bad sign. Good price.

Sent from my SM-G935F

Nope. It's for the Mi Box. If you look closely, just above the $69 price it says "MI BOX" in small font.
Edit: I changed the pic to a more clearer one (when it was uploaded to imgur it lost some of it's quality).
(2016-09-23, 21:34)Wheresthebeef Wrote:
(2016-09-23, 21:31)wapvi Wrote:

Sent from my SM-G935F

Nope. It's for the Mi Box. If you look closely, just above the $69 price it says "MI BOX" in small font.
Edit: I changed the pic to a more clearer one (when it was uploaded to imgur it lost some of it's quality).
You're right. Great price

Sent from my SM-G935F
Why would Xiaomi not make a bigger deal about this being out? Unless Wal-Mart put it out before street date? Guessing.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-09-23, 22:36)hdmkv Wrote: Why would Xiaomi not make a bigger deal about this being out? Unless Wal-Mart put it out before street date? Guessing.

Yeah it's possible it wasn't meant to be put on shelves just yet and a Walmart employee screwed up. But the fact that they have them ready to go must mean it's soon.
I wonder what amlogic firmware they used cause i was told they only fixed passthrough on Android M a week ago Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21