Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-10-08, 23:59)hdmkv Wrote: My Mi Box also doesn't recognize this USB ethernet adapter/hub (but does see a USB stick attached to the hub). The ethernet part did work on Nexus Player. May have to try the one in Lon's review.

#fail

My "Anker 3-Port USB 3.0 HUB Gigabit Ethernet Converter" doesn't get recognized either. Here is a link to the Anker adapter on Amazon (which is not supported)

This sucks... the same adapter DOES work on Nexus Player.

I contacted Xiaomi US Customer Support at service.us@xiaomi.com and they said "I understand your concern and would like to inform you that Mi Box only connects to WiFi as of now." Clearly they don't know what they're talking about...

Yes, might need to get the one used in that Lon review video. Here is the link to Amazon page. $17 is better than a kick to the pants

Also, unrelated to ethernet adapter issues, make sure you Uninstall or Disable all the preinstalled apps from the Settings > Apps area.

Pro tip: Disable the "Customization Launcher" app to remove the dumb "Mi Recommends" from leanback home page

If anyone knows where to find the factory image for the Mi Box 4k Android TV, please send a PM.

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by seymourtv - 2016-10-09, 16:10
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21