• 33(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
The xiaomi mi box 3 enhanced, is, as you're saying a completely different box, however very good one, especially for kodi. It's not developed for the western world, but there are guides online how to configure it, and how to change the ui to English. I have both the boxes, and both are great. I don't wanna post any links to other sites in here, but it's easy to find. The ui is however not Android TV, and it's not possible to change this, or to completely get rid of all Chinese apps. Sometimes I wish xiaomi should have used this hardware for the USA market instead, since it's more powerful and really beautiful, compared to the present black box.
Hi all guys, there is anyone can confirm that Netflix HD works outside USA? If i buy this box in Europe it will works?Huh

Thanks Blush
(2016-11-13, 18:29)noisemake Wrote: Hi all guys, there is anyone can confirm that Netflix HD works outside USA? If i buy this box in Europe it will works?Huh

Thanks Blush

Yes it does. I get Netflix 4k in australia on the Mi
I haven't read all of this thread, but is this what you are all talking about?

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_426056.html
Yes, it's this box. Beware of the Chinese version, without Android TV, which looks the same. There's also a white box, which is called mi box 3 enhanced, or pro, which also isn't with Android TV either.
For people who can't order from the US there's a seller on aliexpress selling the box for 75$ for the next 2 hours and with a 2$ coupon it comes out to 72$, really close to the original price
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Official...39425.html
What is the difference between the kodi version and SPMC?
What would you recommend to install?

I want to install an SD card
With 32gb would be enough for kodi and some game for children?
I recommend spmc from my understanding if is designed by loving just for Android boxes like this .... As far as the SD card USB stick I couldnt use over 4gb when installing Android apps... unless you only use emulators in which the Roms take up the space... I personally think 32 would be over kill maybe someone else can tell you better way to get more Android apps on the USB stick to better use the 32gb.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Thanks for the clarification

My idea is to buy an external hdd "wd my elements desktop" 3-4 Tb. And an SD for local storage.
The mi box 4k America version which is official Android tv does not have a SD slot only 1 USB slot... And as previously stated unless some knows something more you will not be about to utilize that much storeage because with each app part stays in the box no matter where it stored... Thus u will fill the mi box internal storage up fast with Android apps.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2016-11-12, 10:40)joalin Wrote: The xiaomi mi box 3 enhanced, is, as you're saying a completely different box, however very good one, especially for kodi. It's not developed for the western world, but there are guides online how to configure it, and how to change the ui to English. I have both the boxes, and both are great. I don't wanna post any links to other sites in here, but it's easy to find. The ui is however not Android TV, and it's not possible to change this, or to completely get rid of all Chinese apps. Sometimes I wish xiaomi should have used this hardware for the USA market instead, since it's more powerful and really beautiful, compared to the present black box.

Well next month I'm in the US. What would you suggest me to buy? The US version or the Chinese version?
Definitely the US version. Walmart shops have them. The chinese is nevertheless found in chinese webshops only.
Now a Workaround for problematic 720/1080p 10bit HEVC content if you still want to use the preferred Kodi version for Android TV --> SPMC
Note - this will only work for content played directly from USB sticks or Hard Drives. Problematic video files will not play over a home Network.

If its good enough for HiMedia to use external players with the Q10 , then its good enough for this device for the time being.
  • Download the MX Player App for Android TV from the Google Playstore, or you can just install it from HERE
  • Save this playercorefactory.xml file to a USB Flash drive.
  • Insert USB into the Mi Box and select Browse
  • Open the SPMC App and using the File Manager, copy (long press middle remote button) the playercorefactory.xml file from window A into the "Profile Directoy" in window B
  • Exit SPMC and restart. Now whenever mkv files with "10bit" in the filename are selected. MX Player will be the default video player used.
  • Or find problematic 10bit files and then long press the middle button on the remote and select Play Using > MX Player.
  • DO NOT select HW+ in MX Player's settings for video decoding.
W.

(2016-11-14, 17:34)wrxtasy Wrote: Now a Workaround for problematic 720/1080p 10bit HEVC content if you still want to use the preferred Kodi version for Android TV --> SPMC
Note - this will only work for content played directly from USB sticks or Hard Drives.

If its good enough for HiMedia to use external players with the Q10 , then its good enough for this device for the time being.
  • Download the MX Player App for Android TV from the Google Playstore, or you can just install it from HERE
  • Save the this playercorefactory.xml file to a USB Flash drive.
  • Open the SPMC App and using the File Manager, copy (long press middle remote button) the playercorefactory.xml file from window A into the "Profile Directoy" in window B
  • Exit SPMC and restart. Now whenever mkv files with "10bit" in the filename are selected. MX Player will be the default video player used.
  • Or find problematic 10bit files and then long press the middle button on the remote and select Play Using > MX Player.
W.
I look forward to trying this. Thanxx again for your continued support and great ideas for this box.
(2016-11-14, 17:34)wrxtasy Wrote: Now a Workaround for problematic 720/1080p 10bit HEVC content if you still want to use the preferred Kodi version for Android TV --> SPMC
Note - this will only work for content played directly from USB sticks or Hard Drives.

• Save the this playercorefactory.xml file to a USB Flash drive.
W.
I was wandering if the problem with this files is that the 10bit HEVC was not designed to produce 720/1080p that is to say that 720/1080p is not 10bit HEVC standard? I had similar problems when I render mpg2 SD files with options that are not the standard, I can render the files and can software played them but when I upload them to authoring programs and the program starts to render the ISO file some will stop working or will state that the files will be rerender to comply.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21