• 36(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-11-17, 16:22)atv2jber Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 16:07)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 16:00)atv2jber Wrote: These speeds are fine for the type of box it is.
Not for many straight BD rips, when they hover near 40Mbps (or near 48Mbps combined w/HD audio). Unless, you mean fine for Netflix, VUDU, etc., and not Kodi and personal library use.

Again, probably the wrong box for that application or use case.

I have the us Verison using spmc smb windows shares and a Linksys 3200 series dual band AC router I can stream full bmdv folder structure just fine... In one if my early posts I have the setup specs and the advanced setting.xml has to be updated to allow buffering locally as well so it starts the movie. On a buffer for about 15 to 20 secs from then on it play smooth with no issues well unless you jump forward and back slot.... The AC wifi is a lot faster then and USB 2.0 device and I will say the router is well work the upgrade if you are streaming local movies.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Bought one from solutionshop for my sister-in-law (to replace Zidoo X6 Pro+Chromecast):.
2 days ago arrived, yesterday tested, and i can confirm this one is working with network (NFS):
i-tec U3GL3SLIM USB 3.0 Slim HUB 3 Port + Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
+ I added:
VERBATIM Store n Stay NANO 32GB USB 3.0

Only i need to see if will work with 2pcs:
Tronsmart Mars G01 2.4G Wireless Gamepad
(2016-11-18, 09:10)bitlisz Wrote: Bought one from solutionshop for my sister-in-law (to replace Zidoo X6 Pro+Chromecast):.
2 days ago arrived, yesterday tested, and i can confirm this one is working with network (NFS):
i-tec U3GL3SLIM USB 3.0 Slim HUB 3 Port + Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
+ I added:
VERBATIM Store n Stay NANO 32GB USB 3.0

no sense
Mi Box have USB 2.0 port and Wifi AC will be faster than 100Mbps Ethernet
(2016-11-18, 00:47)redux123 Wrote: Be careful i buy an this https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/...6392f9eaf2
And have a lot problems, not arrive and I open dispute.

If some day arrive, i will test netflix that read all post i confuse with HDR.

I arrived yesterday. All right.

The version is MDZ-16-AB

The box is not orange, the one in the usa. It is colored cardboard with miu logo
(2016-11-18, 12:44)DmitriyKray Wrote: no sense

You can't make a blanket statement like that. The advantage with a wired Ethernet connection is that you will normally achieve 90% of the rated speed with no real fluctuations that isn't true of wifi. Also with wifi you are sharing the bandwidth with other devices, if your file server and router support gigabit connections then then you can multiple wired 100 Mbit connections that wont slow things down. Also wifi speeds are very dependent on location, distance and obstructions none of which effect a wired connection.
(2016-11-18, 14:40)givanosky Wrote:
(2016-11-18, 00:47)redux123 Wrote: Be careful i buy an this https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/...6392f9eaf2
And have a lot problems, not arrive and I open dispute.

If some day arrive, i will test netflix that read all post i confuse with HDR.

I arrived yesterday. All right.

The version is MDZ-16-AB

The box is not orange, the one in the usa. It is colored cardboard with miu logo

So any Mi Box (MDZ-16-AB) is the right one? Have you try everything? Is everything working? What about Netflix can you stream 1080p or higher? Dude, It'll be great if you can take a picture of it.
(2016-11-18, 15:23)jakejm79 Wrote:
(2016-11-18, 12:44)DmitriyKray Wrote: no sense

You can't make a blanket statement like that. The advantage with a wired Ethernet connection is that you will normally achieve 90% of the rated speed with no real fluctuations that isn't true of wifi. Also with wifi you are sharing the bandwidth with other devices, if your file server and router support gigabit connections then then you can multiple wired 100 Mbit connections that wont slow things down. Also wifi speeds are very dependent on location, distance and obstructions none of which effect a wired connection.

I have TP-Link Archer C7 (AC1750) 2m far and there is a wall, speed is ok, but i feel cable is faster, more responsive when browsing.
And the real owner will have only TL-WR1043ND, which is only 300Mbps, but there is a Gbit Lan cable already at TV.

Any advise to measure speed on this box?
i just got an email from Xiaomi that they haven't release International Version of the new Mi Box.

Email from service.us@xiaomi.com:

"....I understand your concern and would like to inform you, we would not be able to assist you for international version of Mi box as we have not launched yet, we have only launched it in the US region."
I do not understand anything. I do not know what the version is. I arrived with android tv and the command is the same.
(2016-11-20, 00:59)givanosky Wrote: I do not understand anything. I do not know what the version is. I arrived with android tv and the command is the same.

Have you try netflix yet? it'll be great if you can take a picture of the box and the screen.
I don't get this US exclusively only business. How hard can it be to ship to a different country?
I guess they made some kind of exclusive deal with Walmart or something like that. I don't see how it would benefit them to cut off the rest of the world.
Photo 
For US outside
https://goo.gl/photos/V42ovPz2yTpM8q6t5
(2016-11-19, 23:49)xoding Wrote: i just got an email from Xiaomi that they haven't release International Version of the new Mi Box.

Email from service.us@xiaomi.com:

"....I understand your concern and would like to inform you, we would not be able to assist you for international version of Mi box as we have not launched yet, we have only launched it in the US region."

The specs and model number in that pic that tienlequoc posted match the US version though. The reason the box is plain is more likely to do with the sling/vudu/hulu etc branding in the US.

The email reads like Xiaomi aren't selling an international version themselves as yet. Clearly geekbuying are selling it though, and the fact that they cannot sell it to the US suggests it's the same box that Walmart are exclusively selling in that territory.
And now for some good news...for users with external OTA TvHeadend Servers:

1080i mpeg2 / H264 Hardware deinterlacing now works properly if you use the TvHeadend Live Channels Beta App.
5.1 AC3 Audio passthrough works and Channel logos now import automatically from my backend server.

It seems a recent update to this App has done the trick.
I'm using the Mediaplayer option in the TvHeadend Live Channels App config.

Only downside is channel changing is a bit slow.

I've joined the Beta program in Google+ communities before installing the v 0.2.54 TvHeadend App from the Google Store App on the Mi Box. Hint use Voice search to find the App.
https://plus.google.com/communities/1027...1784371187

So I started an early complaint on my order over at AliExpress, regarding the possibly fake Xiaomi Mi Box they were advertising.

Here's what they had to say:

• 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21