• 39(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-11-23, 21:02)smitchell6879 Wrote: Gotcha... And I will have to try it... I have a 4port connected but I only have a thumb for internal and keyboard if I get time I will test it out and let you know if it will read another HD... I am sure it will tho running Android should show up as usba and usbb etc maybe some else already using it that can answer this faster.

Great thank you ! I was concerned that since it has only one USB port it would either see it as internal or external. I'm very interested in seeing if using a 3 port USB adapter will allow you to use one or two ports for external AND use the third as internal. I would think there are many users who have large collections of their movies on hard drives and would also want to expand the internal memory as well.

As you said if it sees them as usb-a and usb-b, ect then you might be able to assign each accordingly.
(2016-11-23, 22:42)chencho777 Wrote: Don't bother trying that adapter, it doesn't work with Mi Box (I've tried it). Well, at least the Ethernet part (the USB ports are fine). Seems a soft issue. Many USB 3.0 Hub + Ethernet adapters are not recognized (see this post). Hope they fix it in a later firmware.

Some of the few that are verified to work are these ones from UGREEN:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LLUEJFU/ (USB 3.0 + Gigabit Ethernet)
https://amzn.com/B00LLUEJXW (USB 2.0 + Fast Ethernet)

A reddit user stated this one works, too: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019GLIJ0Q

Some simple USB-Ethernet adapters verified to work:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00484IEJS
https://amzn.com/B00YUU3KC6

Hope it helps.

Thank you for the links Chencho777 ! I am waiting to see if these adapters will allow adding both external drives and additional internal memory simultaneously to the Mi Box. I'm concerned it will only see one or the other at the same time.
Can you connect an external 1-3TB WD to the USB port and play movies?
Can they be in folders?
I'm using a Fosmon USB 3.0 to RJ45 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter AX88179 QF QFN68 Chipset and it works fine plugged into my usb 2.0 4 port hub.
(2016-11-23, 17:36)mitalm Wrote: Hi all,

Really interesting reading everyone's experience with the Mi Box. I'm from the UK but lucky to be in the US right now so went and purchased a box from Walmart so I could use Netflix and play some files off of a memory stick whilst I'm out here. I've also been playing about with SPMC. I'm considering buying a few of these for family before I return to the UK as it's a very capable box, however I'm leaning toward a Roku for family members as they won't have much need for Kodi or SPMC.

Happy to answer any questions people might have.
  • Reason I bought this box is that I was always wary of the generic android kodi boxes, reliability and user experience etc. This box fits my needs with good build quality and excellent UI and remote.
  • I'm currently using the box on a 1080p TV so can't report on 4k issues/uses. I also don't have a 4k TV in the UK... yet. (I have my eye on the LG OLED sets but they are way to expensive right now!)
  • I have successfully managed to install the Amazon Instant Video application from APKMirror the version 3.11.44 for Android TV, however I haven't tried playing video on it yet as my Prime account doesn't work in the US. Will report back when I return to the UK.
  • Wifi performance has been fine for me, the internet I have in the apartment is 100mb-ish and so streaming of various content works extremely well.
  • Google Cast works well, I have an iPhone however so I'm still looking for a good app to cast personal content to the TV, all apps I've used up until now have been buggy and/or had low quality casting.

I do have one slight issue, however I believe it's related to the app but I'm not sure how to disable it. When I run SPMC for the first time a small circle outlined in blue appears on the right of the screen and stays on top of any and every app I load afterwards, it will then remain on screen until I reboot the box. The reason I know it's coming from SPMC is that inside the circle is part of the thumbnail preview of whatever video I'm playing or have played recently on SPMC. Very strange.

Does anyone have any idea how to switch this icon off? I've been doing a tonne of searching/googling and can't seem to find anyone experiencing the same issue on Android TV.

I'm not back with the box until Friday so will take a picture then and upload to show people, however I'm hoping in the mean time someone knows how to switch this off! Smile
Yes you can turn off that nasty floating icon in ES File Explorer settings page. I think it's under the Notifications tab.

Enviado desde mi LG-D855 mediante Tapatalk
(2016-11-24, 17:10)fisherman55 Wrote: I'm using a Fosmon USB 3.0 to RJ45 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter AX88179 QF QFN68 Chipset and it works fine plugged into my usb 2.0 4 port hub.
Can you play movies inside folders?
Black Friday here:
http://www.gearbest.com/m-promotion-acti...paign=FBMX
73usd incl shipping
(2016-11-24, 17:42)tvniklas Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 17:10)fisherman55 Wrote: I'm using a Fosmon USB 3.0 to RJ45 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter AX88179 QF QFN68 Chipset and it works fine plugged into my usb 2.0 4 port hub.

Yes, works fine I'm using ES File Explorer.
(2016-11-24, 18:44)fisherman55 Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 17:42)tvniklas Wrote:

Yes, works fine I'm using ES File Explorer.

Thanks a lot!
Delivered! [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] from The Solution Shop UK! Excellent seller and service! Image
anybody know how to enable uninterrupted background playback in kodi on this box? when i press the back button on the remote to browse my library, it stops playing the current stream. i amsure there is a setting or a modified keymap for the back button in kodi that will get the desired result
(2016-11-24, 21:31)ozkhan1 Wrote: anybody know how to enable uninterrupted background playback in kodi on this box? when i press the back button on the remote to browse my library, it stops playing the current stream. i amsure there is a setting or a modified keymap for the back button in kodi that will get the desired result
Sounds like you are using SPMC which does this. I believe there is a setting you can add to advancedsettings.
(2016-11-24, 21:31)ozkhan1 Wrote: anybody know how to enable uninterrupted background playback in kodi on this box? when i press the back button on the remote to browse my library, it stops playing the current stream. i amsure there is a setting or a modified keymap for the back button in kodi that will get the desired result

You have to add a key map that changes that action... I forget where i found it but I just copy the key map from my windows machine.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Correct- I was using spmc. Downloaded Kodi krypton beta and it's running fine with the uninterrupted playback. I have to say krypton looks awesome
+1

(2016-11-24, 08:58)wrxtasy Wrote: Android Apps (non Android TV) install TIP:

The Android TV App - X-Plore is much better file manager than ES File Explorer.

Q. Want to easily upload an Android App to the Mi Box without a USB Stick needed, using X-Plore ?
  • Simply select the WiFi Server in the X-Plore App, and note down the HTTP IP address under WiFi file sharing
  • Go to a PC / Mac and enter the IP address into a browser
  • Select SDCard > Download folder
  • Upload the required App and then install from the Download folder on the Mi Box using X-Plore again.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21