• 47(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
yes they are the same (ofc check first the processor and name of the hardware)

also you can buy from walmart, send it to a storehouse (for example shipito) and finally deliver it to your country, at least delivering to my country cost me around 75$, and geekbuying sometimes sell the box at 74.99$

ofc i have bought from geekbuying (and the dispositive has the same promotions as the one from usa or at least that is what i understood) so i will be buying it from geekbuying as well (i had some issues last time and missed the promotion)
Any information on how to buy th Mi Box in Vaughan (north of Toronto), Ontario, Canada, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
(2016-12-09, 06:14)gregb98 Wrote: Any information on how to buy th Mi Box in Vaughan (north of Toronto), Ontario, Canada, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
I ordered one from AliExpress.$101 CAD + $19 CAD brokerage.
If you pay the $12 shipping, you'll have it to just over two weeks. If free shipping, give it a month.

Sent from my SM-G930W8
(2016-12-08, 23:07)maracas Wrote: how good is the wifi hardware?? do i need an ap right next to the mi box? or i can have my modem/router 6 meters away? (not planning to use 4k for now and going to use 2.4 ghz band
Wi-Fi is pretty good in my tests. It'll be fine for Netflix and local streaming (I tested with up to 1080p mkv's).
The only thing that was spotty was OTA MPEG2 HD from an antenna. Would buffer from time to time with router 25+ feet away and in the basement.

Sent from my SM-G930W8
Are you using SPMC for OTA TV ?

And you will need to play around with a PVR buffer in the advancedsettings.xml file like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<advancedsettings>
<network>
  <buffermode>1</buffermode>
  <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
  <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>
<pvr>
  <minvideocachelevel>10</minvideocachelevel>
  <minaudiocachelevel>15</minaudiocachelevel>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

TIP: save this to a plain text file on a USB Stick. Plug into Mi Box. Use SPMC's(Kodi) file manager and copy (long press remote middle button) the advancedsettings.xml file from Window "A' into the Profile directory in Windows "B". Exit and restart SPMC.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_cache

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#pvr

And then you have Deinterlace Method to play with:

http://kodi.wiki/view/video_playback#OSD_video_settings

Just bought this box and loving it so far. I am however, unable to press some buttons in some apps, foldersync error log for example. I used to be able to use my phone as a remote and then use the cursor mode to reach there, but I notice in this box, there is no cursor. Any ideas how I can press some buttons that are not reachable by dpad?

Is there an app that works as a remote? Google has one but it only works on dpad not on the touchpad mode. Still wondering how to solve my problem. Any help would be much appreciated.
Solution:

MINIX A2 Lite - Air mouse - Keyboard - remote control.

OR download the Android TV Remote App for Android and iOS Phones and Tablets.
Not sure about the Cursor with these Apps.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/android-...61166?mt=8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...mote&hl=en

(2016-12-03, 11:25)tvniklas Wrote: Still waiting for mine.. soon i can tell.
It has dispatched 3 days ago from China

I ordered 2 of them one from Aliexpress and one from Gear.
The one from gear arrived yesterday and its the right one and i had to pay taxes 18usd.
I bet that the one from Ali slipps thrue as always...
(2016-12-08, 17:47)radster Wrote: for those 1080p users with problems with 60fps in youtube change you developer options to best frame rate instead of the default best resolution.

Yesterday i tried your solution but don't work. It's only for 4k display.
(2016-12-09, 07:05)AdamUpNorth Wrote:
(2016-12-08, 23:07)maracas Wrote: how good is the wifi hardware?? do i need an ap right next to the mi box? or i can have my modem/router 6 meters away? (not planning to use 4k for now and going to use 2.4 ghz band
Wi-Fi is pretty good in my tests. It'll be fine for Netflix and local streaming (I tested with up to 1080p mkv's).
The only thing that was spotty was OTA MPEG2 HD from an antenna. Would buffer from time to time with router 25+ feet away and in the basement.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 (typie typie)

thank u a lot Smile
(2016-12-08, 12:09)noisemake Wrote:
(2016-12-08, 10:58)jlmcr87 Wrote:
(2016-12-07, 20:32)noisemake Wrote: Anyone have this problem?

Video output 1080/60
Youtube app, video 1080p/50 fine.
Youtube app, video 1080p/60, audio/video stuttering.

Enable hdmi adaptation in settings

Already activeSad
It happens after box go in suspend mode, only one solution is reboot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comme...ubexiaomi/

I have this problem also, I just read on another forum that this happens after the box recovers from suspend, so it may go away after reboot. I have not verified myself yet.
(2016-12-09, 18:58)Scrotum Wrote:
(2016-12-08, 12:09)noisemake Wrote:
(2016-12-08, 10:58)jlmcr87 Wrote: Enable hdmi adaptation in settings

Already activeSad
It happens after box go in suspend mode, only one solution is reboot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comme...ubexiaomi/

I have this problem also, I just read on another forum that this happens after the box recovers from suspend, so it may go away after reboot. I have not verified myself yet.
Yes it's true, i tried and after reboot youtube works fine. After first suspending , bug come back.
Hi everyone, I have just bought this android box.
I am trying to complete the initial settings but i have just figure out that i cannot change the resolution in the Kodi's settings, it is locked to 1080p.
in the android' settings I had set to 4k 60hz.
Obviously I have a 4k tv.

So why I can't change the resolution in Kodi? neither to a lower one?

thanks

ps I am sorry if someone else had alredy written about this issue but I couldn't find with the search
Follow the links...and read...

Q. I'm a Newbie on a $100 budget using a 1080p TV, I do not need HD Audio and have no audio/video receiver (AVR).
I just want to plug in and power up, and run Kodi with minimal fuss. I don't care about anything else ?
  • Xiaomi Mi Box, mini review HERE
  • WeTek Hub
  • Which device is better for use as a Kodi media player, well read this and make up your own mind.

(2016-12-10, 12:59)wrxtasy Wrote: Follow the links...and read...

Q. I'm a Newbie on a $100 budget using a 1080p TV, I do not need HD Audio and have no audio/video receiver (AVR).
I just want to plug in and power up, and run Kodi with minimal fuss. I don't care about anything else ?
  • Xiaomi Mi Box, mini review HERE
  • WeTek Hub
  • Which device is better for use as a Kodi media player, well read this and make up your own mind.

ok, thanks for the information. But i have it, i am not choosing.
anyway i cannot find how to unlock the resolution setting, could you be more specific?
thanks
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21