• 58(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-01-13, 05:39)wrxtasy Wrote: ...have Amazon Video up and running from within Kodi Smile
(WeTek's Hub and Play2 also work with this Kodi Leia and Amazon)

Just need a proper paid for Prime Login to test 1080p DRM streams properly.

wrxtasy can you link amazon video kodi plugin? Tnks
Hi guys,

I don't find any update. Could you please give me the version of your last firmware so I can check if it is the same?

thanks
(2017-01-13, 12:27)noisemake Wrote: wrxtasy can you link amazon video kodi plugin? Tnks
Steps...
1) The test version of AML Kodi 18 Leia
2) Sandmann's Repo to install the Amazon VOD Kodi Addon
3) Inputstream.mpd
4) Easiest way to use X-Plore, enable WiFi Server (note IP address) & use PC Webbrowser to upload .zips to:
Mi Box > Android > Download folder

5) Use X-Plore App (enable hidden files in config) to copy the folders that popout out from the .zip files (long press/click on them).
Into SDcard > Android > data > org.xbmc.kodi > files > .kodi > addons

6) Start Kodi Leia, ensure Kodi Settings > System > Unknown sources > Enable. Then install Amazon VOD from Sandmann Repo.
7) Ensure Input Stream Addon is enabled.
8) Sign up to Amazon Prime trial for 1080p streaming
9) Amazon VOD > make sure you config (left press on the remote) > Play Using > Input Stream and also enter your Amazon Sign in Details

Cross fingers Wink

(2017-01-13, 13:09)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-01-13, 12:27)noisemake Wrote: wrxtasy can you link amazon video kodi plugin? Tnks
Steps...
3) Inputstream.mpd
4) Use X-Plore App (enable hidden files in config) to copy the folders from the .zip files (click on them) above into SDcard > Android > data > org.xbmc.kodi > files > .kodi > addons
5) Easiest way to use X-Plore, enable WiFi Server (note IP address) & use PC Webbrowser to upload .zips to Mi Box > Android > Download folder
6) Start Kodi Leia, ensure Kodi Settings > System > Unknown sources > Enable. Then install Amazon VOD from Sandmann Repo.
9) When using Amazon VOD make sure you config > Play Using > Input Stream and also enter your Amazon Sign in Details

Cross fingers Wink

Tnks for stepbystep guide !! Blush
(2017-01-13, 13:09)wrxtasy Wrote: Steps...
nice ... why need Kodi 18 Leia Huh new API?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
v18 is not needed nor suggested on android at all. It lacks fixes that were v17 only.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I've just tried using a Kodi Krypton RC4 nightly using the simplified steps below:

1) Settings > System > Addons > Unknown Sources > Enable
2) Addons > Install from .zip this Sandmann's Repo
3) From the Sandmann Repo install Video > Amazon VOD Kodi Addon.
4) Addons > My Addons > Video Player Inputstream > Enable
5) Sign up to Amazon Prime trial for 1080p streaming
6) When using Amazon VOD make sure you config > Play Using > Input Stream and also enter your Amazon Sign in Details

And the result is I cannot get previously working Amazon VOD streams to play....ones that were working with the test Kodi Leia.

This is the Kodi Log for that issue:
http://pastebin.com/MRGT1cUA

Looks like an Inputstream adaptive error.

I cannot install the Inputstream.mpd previously mentioned either into Krypton. I might hunt for other sources...

(2017-01-13, 13:09)wrxtasy Wrote:
Steps...
3) Inputstream.mpd
4) Easiest way to use X-Plore, enable WiFi Server (note IP address) & use PC Webbrowser to upload .zips to:
Mi Box > Android > Download folder

5) Use X-Plore App (enable hidden files in config) to copy the folders that popout out from the .zip files (click on them).
Into SDcard > Android > data > org.xbmc.kodi > files > .kodi > addons

9) When using Amazon VOD make sure you config > Play Using > Input Stream and also enter your Amazon Sign in Details

Cross fingers Wink

@wrxtasy I know wrong thread, but would this also work with the test Android 6 ROM on the Wetek Hub?
I believe so as WeTek's Play2 and Hub have the necessary Widevine L1 and Playready DRM's.
It should also work with Ricardo's - Android TV OS Lollipop WeOS 1.3 based ROMS, and the regular WeOS. Smile

Hi. I just receive my international version and I can install everything and it's working fine except Live TV in Kodi and the auto-refresh rate for movies.

I set up an USB 3.0 as internal storage but I can't find it inside Kodi in file manager. Do you know where is it mounted? I'm trying configuring a Kodi addon that permit to write in this USB but it's impossible, anyone knows how to do it?

It's great the things that I learn from you. Thanks for your support.
(2017-01-13, 20:11)wrxtasy Wrote: I believe so as WeTek's Play2 and Hub have the necessary Widevine L1 and Playready DRM's.
It should also work with Ricardo's - Android TV OS Lollipop WeOS 1.3 based ROMS, and the regular WeOS. Smile

Oh I would Love to use Ricardo's ROM, but Live TV with the channels App was not working any more, but that should be a topic for another thread Smile
How I can prevent Mi Box going to sleep? I have Kodi from Google Play installed. I like to use only TV's remote over HDMI-CEC and it's working nicely except I have to every time power on Box with its own remote. I see two possible solution here. Either prevent sleep or find a HDMI-CEC to power on Box but that may be difficult.
The new firmware makes this definitely jump above my NUC (close to topping the NVIDIA Shield) on my list. Just needs a few things that are running on other Android devices:

HDR Netflix
Amazon Prime Video app w/ 4K HDR
Resolution switching
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
How to update to Krypton without playstore?
Now I have Jarvis and I want to put newest Krypton in it, but on playstore I cannot find the newest Krypton(from 13 january).
Is it possible to use a webbrowser on this box?
(2017-01-14, 01:00)gerardo Wrote: How to update to Krypton without playstore?
Now I have Jarvis and I want to put newest Krypton in it, but on playstore I cannot find the newest Krypton(from 13 january).
Is it possible to use a webbrowser on this box?
Use X-Plore App from Playstore, start WiFi server, note down the IP address under the WiFi server Icon.
Plug that address into a network connected Web browser on a PC, upload the Krypton RC version to the Mi box's Downloads folder, and then install that Krypton.apk from the Downloads folder on the Mi Box itself.

Alternatively use a USB stick to physically transport the Krypton RC file and X-Plore to install it.

You can use a Webbrowser like Chrome, but you really need to use a Mouse with it to use Chrome properly. I use a Wireless MINIX A2 Lite Air Mouse Keyboard combo. A regular Bluetooth/USB mouse should also work.

If we could gain Root access to the Mi Box you can use the Sixaxis App and a PS3/4 controller to emulate a Mouse. That works well on my WeTek Hub.

(2017-01-13, 22:38)timstephens24 Wrote: The new firmware makes this definitely jump above my NUC (close to topping the NVIDIA Shield) on my list. Just needs a few things that are running on other Android devices:

HDR Netflix
Amazon Prime Video app w/ 4K HDR
Resolution switching
I don't know if anyone has tested 4K HDR Netflix yet. Who knows, AMLogic and Xiaomi may have fixed it and just not told us.

• 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21