Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-01-14, 01:00)gerardo Wrote: How to update to Krypton without playstore?
Now I have Jarvis and I want to put newest Krypton in it, but on playstore I cannot find the newest Krypton(from 13 january).
Is it possible to use a webbrowser on this box?
Use X-Plore App from Playstore, start WiFi server, note down the IP address under the WiFi server Icon.
Plug that address into a network connected Web browser on a PC, upload the Krypton RC version to the Mi box's Downloads folder, and then install that Krypton.apk from the Downloads folder on the Mi Box itself.

Alternatively use a USB stick to physically transport the Krypton RC file and X-Plore to install it.

You can use a Webbrowser like Chrome, but you really need to use a Mouse with it to use Chrome properly. I use a Wireless MINIX A2 Lite Air Mouse Keyboard combo. A regular Bluetooth/USB mouse should also work.

If we could gain Root access to the Mi Box you can use the Sixaxis App and a PS3/4 controller to emulate a Mouse. That works well on my WeTek Hub.

(2017-01-13, 22:38)timstephens24 Wrote: The new firmware makes this definitely jump above my NUC (close to topping the NVIDIA Shield) on my list. Just needs a few things that are running on other Android devices:

HDR Netflix
Amazon Prime Video app w/ 4K HDR
Resolution switching
I don't know if anyone has tested 4K HDR Netflix yet. Who knows, AMLogic and Xiaomi may have fixed it and just not told us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by wrxtasy - 2017-01-14, 02:49
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21