Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-01-16, 13:19)dermo33 Wrote: hi there, sorry for hijacking the thread, but this seems like one of the more active threads on the MI box and you guys seem to know your stuff.

I just ordered a mi box 3 international version off ebay and am looking forward to getting it. I almost didn't get it because a lot of the reviews said it struggled to playback 4k content well. Then I started to read online like on this forum that these issues have been mostly fixed with latest updates. Could I just ask a few questions....

Is 4 content , say from netflix now playing smoothly ?
Does anyone have the international version of the mi box, if so, Does this receive as regular updates as the US version ?

The processor on the international version is not named anywhere on the spec sheet, just says quad core.
Is it the SoC S905X-H from AMLogic ?

Thanks
I don't see any Hijacking going go, you are in the correct thread Wink

The International version of the Mi Box and the USA released version of the Mi Box are exactly the same model, that being - MDZ-16-AB

I've seen both and the only difference was the Plain Brown Box the International Version came in and the EU power supply plug.

They both get the same Firmware updates and yes the Mi Box is using the HDR capable AML S905X.

I've just done a retest of 4K HEVC test clips, and the Mi Box is not as reliable at all playing back a wide range of varied 4K HEVC clips vs my C2 running LibreELEC Krypton.

I've not seen reports of issues with 4K Netflix. Unable to test here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by wrxtasy - 2017-01-16, 13:51
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21