Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-02-08, 02:54)Bluegrass Picker Wrote: I just picked up a MI box and I'm having some issues that I hope someone could help with. (I spent quite a bit of time on the net and here on the forum searching for the answers, but I haven't found them yet).

1. I have a Pioneer stereo that uses Toslink optical input for sound. The MI will send 5.1 to my TV via HDMI and I can pass 5.1 to the Pioneer via Toslink just fine, but no DTS which I expected would be the case. Today I received a Toslink to 3.5mm adapter so I connected that to the MI, then Toslink cable to the Pioneer, set the MI in the Android TV settings for SPDIF (and also tried AUTO which set the box to SPDIF passthrough). Now using any app I get absolutely no sound sent to the Pioneer from the MI through the Toslink. This is before even trying Kodi. Am I doing something wrong, perhaps overlooking a setting? Pioneer is a few years old, no HDMI, has DTS and 5.1 capability.

2. A small (3 or 4 inch) circle appears on the screen at the very far right about half way up and stays there for a long time. It appears to have a part of a picture in it, but I cannot tell. (This is unrelated to the digital optical, as it has been happening since I received the MI, before connecting the Toslink). Is there a reason for that circle and can it be disabled?

I've spent hours trying to solve these problems, but to no avail....

Please help, and thanks in advance.

Bluegrass Picker

Same problem. When I buy it I run the audio in dts. But in some update broke. I wanted to do a clean installation, but I see that it will not work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by givanosky - 2017-02-08, 17:27
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21