• 93(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Nougat 7.0.0 Beta Update done here as well, went smoothly....

Download Nougat Update.zip

- Save to a Fat32 formatted USB Stick
- Either Hold Down Mi Box Power Button and reboot or unplug Power Cord
- While rebooting or Reinserting Power Cord - hold down remote Back & large OK buttons to enter Recovery
- Update from EXT and select your USB - update.zip file
- Reboot

TIPS:
Double Pressing the Small Center Button enters Minimised Apps Screen
Picture in Picture works - I can watch OTA TV via Live Channels / TvHeadend whilst playing about with Android
Android Settings - HDMI CEC configuration is back

Observations:
HD Netflix with 5.1 Audio works (I have a DD+ capable TV)
5.1 AC3 Passthrough in Kodi Krypton works
No Kodi dynamic refresh switching disappointingly - lets see what the final release brings.
Nougat is at least 2X faster than Marshmallow - the remote is now ultra responsive Smile

I've have had the Leanback Launcher crash on me once. There are a few bugs still to squash it seems.

(2017-04-16, 14:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Nougat 7.0.0 Beta Update done here as well, went smoothly....

- While rebooting or Reinserting Power Cord - hold down remote Back & large OK buttons to enter Recovery
- Reboot

TIPS:
Picture in Picture works - I can watch OTA TV via Live Channels / TvHeadend whilst playing about with Android

Observations:
No Kodi dynamic refresh switching disappointingly - lets see what the final release brings.
Nougat is at least 2X faster than Marshmallow - the remote is now ultra responsive Smile

I've have had the Leanback Launcher crash on me once. There are a few bugs still to squash it seems.
So my dilemma is - this box for Android TV and take a sacrifice on the Kodi experience or get a Wetek and install the Android TV Rom alongside Libreelec?

Sent from my LG-H850
Is there a place we can report bugs to them? It's quite possible they don't know auto refresh is broken and hence won't fix it.
No root, no auto refresh rate. Still hope in this box...

https://www.xda-developers.com/nearly-11...id-nougat/
After applying the update it displayed that my TV is not HDCP 2.2 compliant, so I had to connect the box directly to my TV instead of my Denon receiver. Is there something I can do to fix this, or should I revert to previous firmware? I am worried that I might not be getting proper surround sound through my Mi box now!

EDIT: Is the Plex AC3 bug fixed? PlexKodiConnect on SPMC works like a charm, but it would be good to see Plex working properly.
With 7.0, the problem with 60fps youtube video is back.... there is a method to come back to previous version?

If i try to flash MiBOX3_USA_once_r454.zip, flashing goes wrong.
Updated to the leaked nougat firmware. The option to select between HDMI or SPIDIF audio doesn´t work, and now both are enabled at the same time.
link to google server of last stable release android 6 r750 Link

nougat beta Link
Wink 
after update have a problem with the remote doesn`t work in Recovery why that? :-(

Wink with nougat he powered off my TV over CEC now Cool
(2017-04-17, 11:19)noisemake Wrote: link to google server of last stable release android 6 r750 Link

nougat beta link

Those Links are both the Stable release Android 6 r750 - exact same file.

sound seems better in general, surround mode added system wide

also, bluetooth broadcast not anymore always on
(2017-04-17, 12:46)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-04-17, 11:19)noisemake Wrote: link to google server of last stable release android 6 r750 Link

nougat beta link

Those Links are both the Stable release Android 6 r750 - exact same file.

Sorry, wrong link fixed
Hey guys i really like to know: will my current properties and apps be lost after flashing nougat beta? What about OTA update in future (stable nougat) , will i get ota update while i am with a beta rom ?
Hi, need help. I tried many times, either rebooting ro reinserting power cord while holding down remote back & large OK buttons, but I just can't enter Recovery mode...

(2017-04-16, 14:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Nougat 7.0.0 Beta Update done here as well, went smoothly....

- Reboot

TIPS:

Observations:

(2017-04-17, 16:46)libratiger Wrote: Hi, need help. I tried many times, either rebooting ro reinserting power cord while holding down remote back & large OK buttons, but I just can't enter Recovery mode...

- Reboot

TIPS:

Observations:

Same problem for me as well, cannot get into recovery by rebooting (or power down) and holding down Large OK and Back buttons on remote.

UPDATE: As posted below I got it to boot to recovery but had to be holding down the Large OK and Back buttons just as I inserted the power plug.
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21