Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
erondeau Offline
Many thanks poulain2K, it is working here too now.

Another problem though, it sounds like DTS and HD streams are at a lower mix, especially the center channel, I have to turn the volume really high to hear the voices...any idea why? I tried another simple Dolby 5.1 file and I don't have that sort of problem.
find quote
Xedos9er Offline
Just wanted to tell, that my Vero 4k finally arrived. I could do some testing today vs mi box.
I noticed, that kodi has poor NFS performance, if we use the internal file manager for mount. It doesn't use full network potential. I see typical 12 Megaby/s speed, when copy files on both boxes in kodi.
Then i found a useful thread on the OSMC forums about this issue, they mentioned mountig NFS via fstab (/etc/fstab) directly in the OS, since kodi NFS is much slower. And yes, that gave me huge performance boost, I see now up to 18 Mbyte/s file transfer speed on my Vero and Buffer is alway 100% on my critical files (60gb 4k MKV), no more dropped frames or buffer issues.

Is there any way to natively mount NFS on Android TV System like in OSMC? It really seems that kodi has messed something up on the NFS share, since speedtest measures up to 300mbit downspeed on my mi box, but gives me only 12-14Mbyte NFS speed.
find quote
edu616 Offline
Hello there I was thinking on getting this box mainly for Kodi, but was wondering if this Box able to do HDR now because in the past I know it couldn't? Like on Netflix and other apps also? Thanks
find quote
timstephens24 Offline
Not yet, hopefully why the Nougat update hasn't come out yet is because they're still working on getting HDR to work.

NVIDIA Shield Kodi 17 -> Denon X4200W 5.2.4 -> LG OLED65C6P
Apple TV 4 (x6) MrMC + Channels App w/ HDHomeRun Prime+Connect
RPi3 Kodi 17 LibreELEC // Xiaomi Mi Box // NUC D54250WYK Kodi 17 3D build
find quote
edu616 Offline
(2017-07-23 23:53)timstephens24 Wrote:  Not yet, hopefully why the Nougat update hasn't come out yet is because they're still working on getting HDR to work.

Thanks.
find quote
DoctorBR Offline
New Uptade...

[Image: Lr5DGIF.png]
find quote
dermo33 Offline
Is this an update from marshmallow,or for those who are registered beta testers ? I spent an hour yesterday sideload nougat beta,When I was done,I saw this update in setings,but got error when I tried to install it
find quote
wrxtasy Offline
Moderator²
Xiaomi have fcuked up at their end by letting the Mi Boxes running Beta Nougat get that popup Update message as well.

It is only meant for Mi Box Marshmallow users.
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 08:44 by wrxtasy.)
find quote
dermo33 Offline
Is this update still marshmallow though,looks like fairly big update ?
find quote
wrxtasy Offline
Moderator²
(Yesterday 08:44)wrxtasy Wrote:  It is only meant for Mi Box Marshmallow users.
find quote
dermo33 Offline
Has anyone on here managed to revert to marshmallow from nougat Beta. I've been reading though the xda forums and don think they've managed it, Is our only hope to wait for official nougat update zip and side-load that ?
find quote
woronczak Offline
Still no refresh rate switching dammit. Otherwise, the update hasn't seem to have broken anything else for me though.
find quote
sanderklous Online
(2017-06-16 20:47)utomek Wrote:  Dear all,

I hope I don´t make to many people angry but I swear I´ve read and googled a lot.

I have a Mi Box running Kodi 17.3 and a Samsung HW-K950 Atmos Soundbar.

I am able to get DD+ Atmos 7.1 sound (mkv test files) but the other formats like TrueHD (Atmos) are not running.
If I understood correctly, some people are able to passthrough the singnal. If I understood something wrong, please let me know.
In my eyes I have tested all different parameter combinations.

Again, maybe I am wrong and TrueHD passthrough is not working here, then I can stop reading all different posts and live with that.

Thank you for your support!

I have the same problem with the HW-K950. I suspect this is the same issue as reported for the Shield here:
https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/473

Looks like an AndroidTV/HW-K950 compatibility issue. The good news is that they report in the Shield thread that it is fixed with the Nougat update. Hopefully the Nougat update will fix it for the MiBox as well. So, I have two questions:
1) Can someone confirm TrueHD Atmos running on MiBox is working on the HW-K950 with the regular AndroidTV version?
2) Same question with Nougat beta version.

Bonus question: if it is working with Nougat, but not with the regular AndroidTV version, is the latest beta version for the MiBox already good enough for "regular consumption"?
Thanks,
-- Sander
find quote