Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-09-16, 17:24)SuperLuigi Wrote: Is it possible to write to an external hdd in Mi Box? I have the Nougat beta but I can't write anything since I don't have permissions.

Is there something I can do?

You can only write (have full permissions) to the app folder on your external drive. For Kodi it would be /your_drive/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi.

This is a limitation of the Android storage framework and the only way around this is for a app to first ask for permission to write to other folder or to the root of the drive. Kodi does not do this so you are stuck using the app folder on the drive if you want anything other than read permissions.

You should also note that the folder will not exist until you plug in the drive and launch the app. If you plug in the drive and the app is already running the folder will not be created on your drive. You will first have to close the app then launch it again.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by Tinwarble - 2017-09-18, 05:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21