Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-11-10, 02:24)wrxtasy Wrote: Just buy a S9xx box to use alongside your Mi Box and use Nougat Beta Firmware 935 on it. That was the most stable IMHO.

Properly Licensed Android TV, with Chromcasting, 4K HDR Netflix, Amazon, VUDU = NVIDIA Shield.

DIY Dual Boot unofficial Android TV ROM / LibreELEC that has DRM and HDCP 1.x or HDCP 2.2 for 1080p Netflix only and other 1080p copy protected video streaming:

- WeTek Play2
- MINIX U9
- MECOOL M8S Pro L

The Shield, Play2 and U9 will give you working Android Kodi dynamic refresh switching.

If using Dual Boot I recommend a MINIX A2 Lite remote with its USB dongle wireless receiver. Will work in Android (TV) and LibreELEC seamlessly.
I would ask in the Seller device specific forums for ATV ROM's or Freaktab for the MECOOL- first, if you have very specific Android TV Apps that must 100% work.
You may want to include an addendum, about having to replace the thermal compound on the SoC of the Mecool devices.  I have lots of these Android boxes, but I am going to replace the thermal compound on my MeCool boxes, since they run so hot!  I haven't had to do that with any of my other boxes.

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by clarkss12 - 2017-11-10, 04:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21