• 150(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for emailing us back.
Right now, we are getting a lot of emails and calls after the official Oreo Update for our Mi Box. Our department are already aware of the current situation that most of our customers are experiencing and we assure you that we are already collating all the issues they are currently having. We have already forwarded this to our developers and they are already working on this as soon as possible.
On behalf of our team, we sincerely apologize. We will get back to you as soon as we have an update.
Thank You,
Anna
Xiaomi USA
(2018-07-03, 16:11)er2es Wrote: Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for emailing us back.
Right now, we are getting a lot of emails and calls after the official Oreo Update for our Mi Box. Our department are already aware of the current situation that most of our customers are experiencing and we assure you that we are already collating all the issues they are currently having. We have already forwarded this to our developers and they are already working on this as soon as possible.
On behalf of our team, we sincerely apologize. We will get back to you as soon as we have an update.
Thank You,
Anna
Xiaomi USA
 A ray of hope?
I think the "USB Device Bug" have to fix the KODI team, not xiaomi.
VLC have no problems with exfat/ntfs devices.
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
(2018-07-03, 20:05)shrugg1e Wrote: I think the "USB Device Bug" have to fix the KODI team, not xiaomi.
So please explain why the Oreo - NVIDIA Shield has the same Kodi software but has no issues with USB NTFS hard drives ?
It's not a Kodi problem, many Apps are effected.

Xiaomi have released buggy Oreo Firmware that is not up to Beta spec, let alone a final release, when the basics do not even work properly.

yes, you are rigth - i think, its related the missing com.android.documentsui pack from Mi Box...
@wrxtasy Oh, that are new information for me. So i think you are right, i delete my wrong rating about the bug.

Back to the self adaption topic:
(2018-07-03, 12:13)shrugg1e Wrote: So if i understand your analysis correct, it doesnt matter wich mode i choose (part/total), both are not working ... ?
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
(2018-07-04, 06:01)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-07-03, 20:05)shrugg1e Wrote: I think the "USB Device Bug" have to fix the KODI team, not xiaomi.
So please explain why the Oreo - NVIDIA Shield has the same Kodi software but has no issues with USB NTFS hard drives ?

Xiaomi have released buggy Oreo Firmware that is not up to Beta spec, let alone a final release, when the basics do not even work properly.   

Aren't the Mibox Beta tester also responsible for everything that is happening? 
I'm pretty sure these guys doesn't know a thing what they're doing. 

I'm very annoyed that one of these beta tester said that auto framerate switch was was working. 
But unfortunately he doesnt even know how to test it..
I discovered another bug in Oreo (or feature lol).
I never put my box to sleep, it's always on, and HDMI turn on link is enabled on my Panasonic TV.
Previously MiBox would have turned on TV if I started a cast.
Now TV turns on few seconds after I turn it off!!! I have to disable the HDMI link on my TV to stop it from happening. 
HDMI CEC is turned off in Oreo settings.

Anyone experiencing the same?
(2018-07-04, 08:54)finerdetails Wrote:
(2018-07-04, 06:01)wrxtasy Wrote:

Aren't the Mibox Beta tester also responsible for everything that is happening? 
I'm pretty sure these guys doesn't know a thing what they're doing. 

I'm very annoyed that one of these beta tester said that auto framerate switch was was working. 
But unfortunately he doesnt even know how to test it..  
 But that happens with all xiaomi devices, most of the betatesters only want to have the latest android version sooner than the others, and don´t report anything useful. It´s a shame...
(2018-07-04, 09:23)Notrial Wrote: I discovered another bug in Oreo (or feature lol).
I never put my box to sleep, it's always on, and HDMI turn on link is enabled on my Panasonic TV.
Previously MiBox would have turned on TV if I started a cast.
Now TV turns on few seconds after I turn it off!!! I have to disable the HDMI link on my TV to stop it from happening. 
HDMI CEC is turned off in Oreo settings.

Anyone experiencing the same?
Something similar here, however I do have HDMI-CEC turned on. I can't turn off the TV, it simply turns on after few seconds. The problem is gone with HDMI-CEC off though.
I'm really pissed off with this update and HDMI-CEC changes. It was working so flawlessly on MM. I had all my settings set on my SONY TV. When I turn on any device (mibox for example by holding the Menu button) it would power on all devices (TV, soundbar and mibox of course). However I'm always turning the TV off while listening to Spotify, so I set that on my TV and it was great. Now it's all messed up, with HDMI-CEC OFF it works quite the same, but I can't easily switch between my Cable TV and MiBox (on MM I could do that by simply pressing Menu button) and can't power on every device with 1 button, now I need HDMI-CEC ON to do the same, but than I can't turn off the TV.. jeez... Also with HDMI-CEC ON controlling the volume is driving me crazy.
(2018-07-04, 09:23)Notrial Wrote: Now TV turns on few seconds after I turn it off!!! I have to disable the HDMI link on my TV to stop it from happening. 
 Maybe it is related to other hdmi issues. I have an lg-32ud59-b display. When I put the mibox into sleep (by pushing the power button on remote) and I use my display with a pc hooked into displayport, I saw messages on the display about hdmi port is turned on and later off, repeatedly. If I switch back to hdmi i don't see any activity, it doesn't turn on the display. But probably there is some kind of activity on mibox hdmi port even when you put it into sleep.

I also tried out different cables, I saw some differences about the available resolutions with lower quality ones. But it stayed flaky with a newly bought short hdmi 2.0 cable too. 

On the positive side, if you want to use bluetooth audio, It will have perfect lipsync now. I experienced no delay with oreo using my xiaomi bt speaker. 
On the negative side related to bluetooth: when bt audio device is connected, Netflix falls back to HD, when I turn off the bt speaker I get UHD back without restarting netflix app.
Prime video for androidtv (side loaded play store apk ) seems working fine, even in UHD, even with bt audio.
Why is slow wifi attributed to the mi box? It's the mi box fault you got old tech slow router? I bet when my mi box arrives tomorrow I will have fast speeds coupled with my R7800 router and no problems playing 4K HDR Atmos movies.
I'm experiencing video issues (freeze, slowdowns) with content that had Dolby encoded. Example is HD TV - via ServerWMC - where live TV - HD or not, but without AC3/Dolby, works fine. HD with Dolby causes the problem.

Cannot see a way to disable Dolby. Tried all settings on the MiBox and Kodi but it keeps on being AC3 which breaks video (sound however works fine - no breakups and hickups - just the Video that goes bad.

Any ideas??

thnx
(2018-07-04, 12:41)urkalz Wrote: Why is slow wifi attributed to the mi box? It's the mi box fault you got old tech slow router? I bet when my mi box arrives tomorrow I will have fast speeds coupled with my R7800 router and no problems playing 4K HDR Atmos movies.
 after the Oreo wireless AC is capped at 60 Mbps on my end. Its not the router's fault because i'm getting good speeds with my nexus player and Nvidia shield. 
if you check the first image all of them are getting good link on my router.
I already tried another wireless AC router and mibox is still capped at 60mbps. 
Before the update I can watch 4k HEVC Remux movies with 40 to 70 Gb in sizes. Now after the update everything is broken.
So even if you have the fast router it will just stay capped at 60 Mbps and you won't be able to stream those 4k HDR atmos movies.

I read that the Oreo up(or down...)grade installed itself automatically for some people. Is there a way to avoid it ? Thanks.
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21