Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2018-07-04, 13:17)duepointe Wrote:
(2018-07-04, 12:41)urkalz Wrote: Why is slow wifi attributed to the mi box? It's the mi box fault you got old tech slow router? I bet when my mi box arrives tomorrow I will have fast speeds coupled with my R7800 router and no problems playing 4K HDR Atmos movies.
 after the Oreo wireless AC is capped at 60 Mbps on my end. Its not the router's fault because i'm getting good speeds with my nexus player and Nvidia shield. 
if you check the first image all of them are getting good link on my router.
I already tried another wireless AC router and mibox is still capped at 60mbps. 
Before the update I can watch 4k HEVC Remux movies with 40 to 70 Gb in sizes. Now after the update everything is broken.
So even if you have the fast router it will just stay capped at 60 Mbps and you won't be able to stream those 4k HDR atmos movies.  
 I can confirm the issue with Wireless speeds since the Oreo update. I have 2 MiBox's, one updated to Oreo and the other still not updated. Both devices are connected to the same AC router and max out at 433Mbps(Maximum for the MiBox) connection speed. Although the Oreo MiBox throughput reaches approx 110Mbps, which seems to be fine for 4K HEVC remux videos, although there is some stuttering/buffering. The non Oreo MiBox throughput reaches upto 233Mbps and no issues with 4K HEVC videos. 

I don't have any external drives connected, all media is stored on a NAS.

I'm happy to run any tests to gain further insight.

Mibox​ Non Oreo Throughput​​​​​​
Mibox Oreo Throughput

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by fleeball - 2018-07-06, 03:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21