Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2018-07-09, 05:20)wrxtasy Wrote: Mi Box 3 Oreo Public OTA has been HALTED (click)
Quote:Hi everyone (Mark - Xiaomi Forum Moderator)

After sharing your concerns with the Xiaomi Mi TV team, a decision has been reached to halt more Public Oreo OTA updates going to other Mi Box 3 International users.

The official count on devices is high, I can't publish the exact data for obvious reasons. This week an OTA will be published for ALL users so there is no need / requirement for asking to join the BETA for now.

The urgent issues of HDCP 2.2 and NTFS will be fixed first to stem the bigger issue of inoperable boxes. We will continue to liaise with Mi TV department to solve these issues for our users. Bare in mind xiaomi.eu is not responsible for these issues, we are only here trying to work with Xiaomi Beijing to solve the issue.

A carefully worded Email I sent that contained the phrase "this Firmware is trashing the Xiaomi Brand" may have had an impact with management. Wink  
I think the Admin of Xiaomi Europe forums deleting posts calling out his lies (he was claiming users consented to the update and it wasnt pushed out on them without consent !!!) and banning users who asked him how refusing the update was possible, is doing enough to show what kind of brand it is.. 

True shit show of an update, handled in about the worst way possible by user blaming.

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by Phat Phreddy - 2018-07-09, 11:45
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21