Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2018-07-16, 10:49)blindhai Wrote:
(2018-07-16, 10:32)Phat Phreddy Wrote:
(2018-07-15, 15:32)blindhai Wrote:  If the feature would be something like they say we support Widevine for Netflix and it does not, then i would agree. But this "broken feature" seems to be not THAT big of a deal, because so many people recommended this box anyway...without even mentioning that this box supposed to have this feature. I think that for most people is just "nice to have". But i am not the official defender for Xiaomi! I just dont get why people buy this box, knowing that feature is broken (when they cared for it and tried to get as much informations about it as posssible) and "hoping" that Xiaomi does care enough to fix this detail...kinda foolish if you ask me.  
 Whether something is a big deal or not is not relevant.. 

If a feature is broken, and the 'fix' is to not use that feature... That isnt a fix then then is it ?? 

Anyway this is just one of 10s of deal breaker bugs that have been introduced with the Oreo update.. My many boxes are now paperweights.  
 A workaround is not a fix...it just makes the rest of the box work like it is intended.

I got it that you guys are mad, but this wouldnt be something that would give you the right to give the box back to the manufacturer. 
 No this wouldnt be.. 

The unusable wifi.. The reboots.. the non functional streaming.. The random app / box / everything crashes and hangs.. The overheating.. The HDCP / HDMI handshake issues.. The lost audio... Need I go on ? 

Those should be. I have 4 Mi Boxes. Not one of them is worth using now, I am getting by with a few fireTV boxes I had retired and some openelec / Pi / Kodi boxes I had laying about.

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by Phat Phreddy - 2018-07-16, 10:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21