• 159(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
That's Xiaomi for ya. Fuck it up, and never fix it properly. I'm done with em. Low quality Chinese garbage.
Does this thread also cover the Mi Box 4 / 4c from 2018? And/ or upcoming versions?
Very unstable with this last firmware. I have to force reboot every day. Sometimes remote looses sinc. Sometimes voice stops working. Sometimes Kodi stops working. Sometimes becomes very slow and have to reboot. Reducing processes to 1 doesn't fix it.
Still no fix huh? Probably having all coders on the next phone launch.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-b...ate.45347/

"Hello users of Mi Box 3...

right off the bat I am not going to sugar coat this message.. this is 100% honest and from the cuff...

1. 2 weeks ago I posted about an OTA which is supposed to be coming last week... This update never came for BETA users... I am very sorry for that... its outside my control

2. I got a reply about downgrade... Apparently GOOGLE refuse this option for Oreo users, you can't downgrade.

3. When I asked about the OTA status I was told it was going to be handled internally with Google and testing was awaiting feedback.

4. I've chased again today for updates and got a lack-lustre reply about they need to check the schedule and update about the WiFi bug

Summary:

Right away all I can say is when I started to help a few weeks ago I felt positive that issues would be progressively fixed and handled diligently due to the quick uptake in Xiaomi asking for BETA users to test internal builds... sadly it seems since last week this has just STOPPED without any reasoning. I have honestly tried my best to get these issues in front of the right people for resolve... I am feeling a little disappointed that the dialogue with the Xiaomi side has broken down this last 2 weeks without any justifications as to why. With that in mind I am not sure what else I can do to help out here... I just feel very disappointed that I put myself out there to try and fix these issues for the community with no motive of my own other than to help people.

It seems I can't do more right now to help and you will all need to wait for Google / Xiaomi to fix this issue...

Unfortunately it will be my last personal attempt to help the company as this is an all to familiar trend when i've tried to help in the past the same thing happens...handled internally and never gets truly fixed.

Sorry all.

Mark"

And this is how you trash a brand's name folks. Bravo, Xiaomi!
(2018-07-30, 19:10)ppaladin Wrote: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-b...ate.45347/

"Hello users of Mi Box 3...

right off the bat I am not going to sugar coat this message.. this is 100% honest and from the cuff...

1. 2 weeks ago I posted about an OTA which is supposed to be coming last week... This update never came for BETA users... I am very sorry for that... its outside my control

2. I got a reply about downgrade... Apparently GOOGLE refuse this option for Oreo users, you can't downgrade.

3. When I asked about the OTA status I was told it was going to be handled internally with Google and testing was awaiting feedback.

4. I've chased again today for updates and got a lack-lustre reply about they need to check the schedule and update about the WiFi bug

Summary:

Right away all I can say is when I started to help a few weeks ago I felt positive that issues would be progressively fixed and handled diligently due to the quick uptake in Xiaomi asking for BETA users to test internal builds... sadly it seems since last week this has just STOPPED without any reasoning. I have honestly tried my best to get these issues in front of the right people for resolve... I am feeling a little disappointed that the dialogue with the Xiaomi side has broken down this last 2 weeks without any justifications as to why. With that in mind I am not sure what else I can do to help out here... I just feel very disappointed that I put myself out there to try and fix these issues for the community with no motive of my own other than to help people.

It seems I can't do more right now to help and you will all need to wait for Google / Xiaomi to fix this issue...

Unfortunately it will be my last personal attempt to help the company as this is an all to familiar trend when i've tried to help in the past the same thing happens...handled internally and never gets truly fixed.

Sorry all.

Mark"

And this is how you trash a brand's name folks. Bravo, Xiaomi!
 Ok, got it. I'll be returning it tonight to Walmart, and I'll never buy another Xiaomi product again. Btw, I own at least 10 Xiaomi products to date, including the latest Amazefit BIP that I purchased a mere 2 weeks ago. NEVER-AGAIN.
A new beta version went out today to beta testers, so he deleted the topic about his complains. Now, he behaves like before: closes down every new topic about problems what he denies to be happen.

Edit: and he banned me from that forum because of this comment.
Installed the latest update as described on reddit.

Unfortunately wifi speeds are still not really better:

MiBox as Client:   13.6Mbit/s
MiBox as Server:   99,8Mbit/s

Counterpart is my desktop pc which is connected via gibabit cable.
Maybe things get better after a factory reset but I don't know why that should be the case.
I'll wait for the official update before upgrading.
Just in case anybody is interested, because of the still low wifi speeds and the guys at the miui board who said I had to do a factory reset otherwise wifi speeds couldn't get better after installing the latest beta 2175, I did the factory reset although I didn't believe them.

It didn't help at all, so with the new beta 2175 and doesn't matter if I perform a factory reset or don't, wifi speeds are still way slower than under marshmallow.

Would be interested, if someone installed the update and really got better results than before. You know.. real testing results from iperf, not someting like "it feels faster after the update" Wink
Jemus don't bother any further I tested it too and max was 97mbit. I think this patch was just for disconnection issues which I didn't notice.
Switching display to 1080p 24hz makes the whole UI lag like crazy, that didn't happen before Oreo.  Audio randomly drops out on Kodi passthrough and can make hissing noises at max volume if turning off passthrough.
I  have it connected to a projector and avr, so interestingly all of a sudden it can start playing audio on the internal projector monospeaker.

Don't know about wifi speeds as I have the Ugreen usb3 gigabit adapter and that seem to work fine most of the time.
Did the same, installed 2175 and tested before and after, still impossible to use netflix. I received the box yesterday Sad it was working well before the upgrade to 8.0 except for amazon prime not installing which is why i upgraded.

I didn't update manually via usb, just ran the upgrade from the menu, if it wasn't working why make it available to all users ?

I just packed it and plugged my old box, i only had a xiaomi mp3 long ago but i thought it was a quality brand then.
try the 2179 build. I think the DD+ issues are still present, but im using stereo tv and all is working well.
And where is a link to latest build .....?a
  • 159(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21