• 162(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
No worries.
I found the root cause for this 1080p video stutter in Kodi after switching the refresh rate. Mi Box’s refresh rate switching is flawed. It only changes the video output refresh rate, but the interface refresh rate remains the same until you reboot. You can verify this with AIDA64, TVHZ, Smart YouTube TV, Kodi or any other apps that can show you the interface refresh rate.

We know that the Android has two resolution, one for video output and one for the interface. It looks like refresh rate is the same. 

This behavior will affect the device in two folds:
1)    User Interface
If you boot up at 24hz and later change to 60hz, your system and app interface will be stuck at 24hz and sluggish, until your reboot;
If you boot up at 60hz and later change to 24hz to watch some movies, you interface will be slowed down as the system and apps still think it is at 60hz while video output is only at 24hz.
2)    Playing Videos
Many video apps are seemingly unaffected by this issue, such as VLC. I guess they render the video directly to the video output with MediaCode(Surface) hardware acceleration, thus match the correct refresh rate set by you.
However other apps, noticeably the mighty Kodi family, does not play well with it. If you boot up your box at 60hz, and switched to 24hz to play some 1080p@24fps movies, Kodi seems trying to smooth the video into 60fps, thus produces severe stutter as video output is only 24hz. It does not happen on 4k@24fps video though probably because it is too costly to smooth it. Now if you reboot your box with 24hz settings, the 1080p@24fps video will play smoothly. However, Kodi now is going to play every video, including 4k@60fps ones, at 24fps! Changing the refresh rate in settings will not work, until you reboot.

Now who should I report this issue to? Kodi or Xiaomi?
TL;DR: If you like to manually switch refresh rate to match your video content, but then notice frame skip and stutter in Kodi or other apps, try reboot your device with the matching refresh rate. Hopefully this will be fixed by Xiaomi or Kodi soon along with auto switching.
This bug is fixed on 2303:
ASIX & Realtek chipset based USB3 > Gigabit LAN adapters appear to work only if you use DHCP on your home router.

i can use static ip with UGREEN Ethernet Adapter USB Gigabit Network Adapter .
New release is out, 2303 I think. It's pretty terrible.
Is the passthroug option broken now?
I connect Hdmi to reciver and dont get any sound anymore from that option. So only Dolby surround, no digital sound 😥.
Or is there a way?
P.S. This is with Spmc, but now i tried with Netflix and its the same there, no DolbyDigital.
My MiBox update recently and _some_ files won't play. I just get a blank screen and no sound. The controls all work and the timer is ticking away ... but no picture. System is responsive and working otherwise.
I've not identified what plays and what doesn't yet, but it seems to be HD and FHD content, but unsure about encoding or audio.
These files used to play fine.
Is this caused by the new software update? Or a setting on my MiBox/Kodi?

Version is
5 July 2018
Kernel 4.9.54
Build OPR6.170623.013.2303
Probably has to do with the Mi Box..................no idea how to fix your problem though. Mi Box android is buggy as all hell.
I am trying to enter in a static ip a smart dns server but it doesn't seem to work. The dns server works flawlessly in my PC, so no problem from there.
Has anyone faced the same problem;
It still works, you have to go in to the expert setting of Kodi for system settings and then in audio turn on pass through and select all the formats your receiver supports.
(2018-10-03, 23:47)Jus711 Wrote: It still works, you have to go in to the expert setting of Kodi for system settings and then in audio turn on pass through and select all the formats your receiver supports.

Thanks, did that but no sound, but i found in another forum you have to not choose PCM in the Box settings, then it worked.
Should i use 2.0 or 5.1 channels in spmc audio settings ? I think they use to reccomend 2.0 for passthroug even when you have 5.1 system.
Is Xiaomi actually taking this seriously? I have bought so much stuff from them. Including my Xiaomi Mi Robot. If they fuck this up. Never again. God damn, what's taking so fucking long??
(2018-10-06, 00:42)kgonepostl Wrote: If they screw this up. Never again. what's taking so fucking long??
 If? Pretty sure we're 2 years past if.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
Nah, it was working perfectly fine before this oreo update fuck fest. Absolutely destroyed a great device.
hi everybody, fisrt sorry for my poor english then sorry to post this here, i tried to ask it in the pvr section but i don(t find any help.

i'm trying to create an xml file to be able to change channel's groups in the tv guide (can't acces with the remote on the the bottom left corner button)

i tried this, but doesn't work

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <TVGuide>
    <remote>
      <right>NextChannelGroup</right>
      <left>PreviousChannelGroup</left>
    </remote>
  </TVGuide>
</keymap>

can anyone help ?
thx
They lauched the new design variant with Oreo 8.1
https://www.mi.com/us/mi-box-s/
https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi...nt-4k-hdr/
How to revert to relatively WiFi stable v2179 Firmware:

If you are running the very latest Mi Box Firmware it will be buggy v2303.

Downgrade to v2179 Firmware is more stable:

Download this and unzip, copy update.zip and the xiaomi_update files to a FAT32 formatted USB stick:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HBcU6g...BUVKemMZjZ

Plug USB stick into Mi Box:

Hold down the big middle Select button and Back at the same time whilst plugging in the Power Cord.

An Auto update should commence if you are successful, you may have to try a number of times to get the remote buttons pressing, power cord insertion timed just right.

If the device is really unstable after that, then it's Factory Reset time:

Android Settings > Storage & Reset > Factory data reset

I might do a smooth 24p video playback DIY if anyone is interested, you use SPMC v16.7.04 and ATV OS system output of 50Hz with Sync Playback to Display enabled in SPMC / Kodi settings.
Use a nice lightweight, snappy Skin like Eminence with SPMC and you are good to go. Smile
SPMC can also give you YADIF2x - SD mpeg2 - high quality Broadcast TV deinterlacing as well.

BTW: I've tried that same 24p / 50Hz setup with Kodi Leia and it's no where near as smooth for video playback vs SPMC.

• 162(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21