Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2018-11-05, 10:54)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-11-05, 10:19)generalmilk Wrote: The box is still not perfect, but I’m glad they are able to fix all issues I reported to them. Maybe it is really the language barrier. Anyway, if anyone has a clue about how to enable the auto refresh rate switching, let me know. I can pass the information in Chinese and maybe we can see it in the next build.

Nice work. Smile

If you can also report:

1) 5.1 DD+ Netflix Audio has audio dropouts when HDMI connected to a DD+ capable audio receiver. I believe other DD+ dropout happen with other Apps.
2) USB3 > Gigabit adapters (like Ugreen brand) misbehave after waking from sleep, continually cycling from connect to disconnect
3) Deinterlacing when decoding using Kodi Mediacodec which uses Android EXOplayer does not do Frame doubling (25i > 50fps), so you end up with Half motion deinterlacing which is not good for sports viewing.

This affects all Android Apps running on AMLogic hardware, like Kodi and Android TV - Live Channels that use Broadcast TV.
mpeg2 deinterlacing is poor quality as well and pixellated compared to what it should be.
The Xiaomi Engineers may have to query AMLogic on these issues.

4) Yes I do know how to enable auto frame rate matching on AMLogic hardware - BUT there are mods that need to be done to the Systemctl binary file as well, and without a User-Debug Oreo release or access to the source code nothing can be done.
Maybe Xiaomi can send me a Oreo user-debug update.zip if I produce my Mi Box serial number, at least I can experiment then.

Please pass on the info.

I have passed the post and introduced this whole thread. It will take them some time to digest Smile check this link for more updates: https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comme...of_mi_box/. We may see auto switching after all.

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by generalmilk - 2018-11-06, 08:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21