Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2018-12-14, 11:18)jologish Wrote:
(2018-12-14, 06:44)audit13 Wrote:
(2018-12-14, 06:09)jologish Wrote:  yes i have a gaming pc win10 with nvidia graphics 4k hdmi out with updated drivers i installed kodi leia and yet in the audio pass through options expert mode it does not show the true hd and dts hd switch only dolby digital ac3 and dts capable switch same thing on my mi box s. i dont understand if kodi removed that option. my receiver is a pioneer vsx923 4k true hd Dts HD capable hdmi set to auto but i only get dts-ddigital-ddgital plus but my movie mkv files are in dts-hd and true hd i even have some atmos format mkv but no luck. im giving up i think i have to settle for ddigital and dts only no hd audio in my mi box s. mybe planning to get nvidia shield next year instead but still expensive. i hope kodi and the mi box team is reading this. its 2019 already why can't they make things run smoothly...dts-hd and true hd existed almost a decade already at this point it should have been in standard automatic or default setup already.  
I get passthrough of DTS-HD and TrueHD on my Win10 home theatre PC. Did you get HD passthrough with any version of Kodi on any devices?

The screenshots I posted are with Leia on the Mi Box 3. 
i think the android audio track on mi box 3 is much better than in mi box s. in mi box 3 you see the kodi true hd option pass through but on mi box s it doesn't show.  yes i get true hd on win 10 tested it with kodi and vlc (its easier to set-up vlc audio passthrough) but i dnt want to use pc as media player too much power.
The Mi Box S is supposed to pass HD audio too from what I have read.

I usually use my PC to play movies (1080 and 4k) because my nVidia video card is better at upscaling 1080 to 4k and it supports automatic frame rate switching.

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by audit13 - 2018-12-14, 14:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21