Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Just installed this Beta - Plex / Kodi auto refresh switching Firmware, feedback for Xiaomi:

• For Kodi (Leia) it's working well for all Frame Rates inc. the fractional ones 23.976, 29.97 & 59.94 fps
  • Tested SPMC 16.4.x and it's all working great with that App as well. MrMC should be the same if I test it. Did not test Plex.
  • The Kodi Leia Netflix Addon works well for smooth 24p Netflix playback with 5.1 DD+ or 5.1 DD audio Smile
  • There is no issues when skipping thru 10bit HEVC video, that I could see after refresh switching.
  • When minimising Kodi and going back to the main Oreo user interface it correctly switches back to the correct refresh rate if they are different.

I'm pretty impressed !
What this update now opens up is much better Kodi support for those of use that live in territories that also need to view 25/50fps video content.
AMLogic fixing Android mpeg2 and h.264 deinterlacing so it outputs full motion - would complete the package.

However for 4K TV owners there is an annoying bug:
  • All non 4K video content triggers a Kodi auto Resolution switch to a 4K display mode every time refresh switching occurs.
  • This is unwanted for all non 4K content because you want a 4K TV to use it's superior 720/1080p > 2160p picture upscaling hardware to upscale and display such content.
  • If everything is output at 4K, then the inferior upscaling hardware of the Mi Box is used for non 4K content and picture output looks a bit dull and "soft" vs what a 4K TV can do.

720/1080p Kodi video needs to be output at 720/1080p and not switch to 4K when auto refresh switching.

For 1080p TV owners this minor resolution switching bug will not affect them - I would not delay a Firmware update because of it.

This long awaited auto refresh switching feature will be a great update for Kodi Mi Box users. Smile

@generalmilk
Also before I forget - ask Xiaomi or get them to remind AMLogic that the IEC61937 audio patches are missing from Oreo 8.1 Firmware.
IEC61937 support for Kodi HD audio passthrough still works in the Oreo 8.0 - 2016 Mi Box - but is missing in Oreo 8.1 Mi Box S Firmware.

Thanks.

W.

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by wrxtasy - 2019-01-05, 05:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21