• 174(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2019-01-09, 20:43)Drtatom Wrote: connected trough toslink with an old Sony receiver, and enabling passtrough in Kodi Leia RC3, I can listen Netflix DD+ transcoded to DD.

Mibox 4K, Kodi Leia, Netflix add-on and U get Netflix DD 5.1 optical output? No audio drops like normal DD+ on Mibox? Wow!

I connected old optical but I can not achieve above scenario. While I have no problem with add-on I can not get 5.1 on optical from Netflix. Trying different audio settings, nothing. Netflix stereo stream ok, 5.1 is muted.
Maybe it's a firmware thing(?) What's Your Mibox firmware?

BTW: Could U show Your magic and make some step by step mini tutorial or at least show some photos from settings? Both Mibox system and Kodi audio settings, pls Smile
Well, according with a supposed xiomi developer, they will disable truehd and dtshd support on next build for mibox3 and they will not support it on mibox s. The answer was given on Mibox group in Facebook about DTSHD and TrueHD support on mibox S.

And this Dev also said that we should read the box where says that the device only support dd and dts, not truehd or dtshd.

Note, I am also active in that thread in the facebook group. 

Their website advertises DTS-HD as supported - I don't know why they're going to disable it on other devices now instead of fixing on this one Sad.
Everyone should boycott this shady company.
Hello,
Received MiBox S, tested 23.976, it works perfect, I'm waiting for auto frame rate now, because main interface at 24p it's slow  Wink
With KODI passthrough with DD and DTS is OK.
It will be great if auto resolution could be available, a new hope ! lol
Wow, I have already checked the website of 2 products, the website of Mibox 4K only shows banner DTS but Mibox 4K can support DTS-HD or TrueHD since it was release from 2016 to nowadays, and I'm sure Xiaomi knew about it. But I can't understand why does Xiaomi want to remove it?, they don't have licensesHuh
And about the website of Mibox S shows us banner DTS-HD but Mibox S doesn't play it since it was releaseHuh Xiaomi jokes us =))
ImageImage
(2019-01-18, 15:19)hoang.hien2903 Wrote: Wow, I have already checked the website of 2 products, the website of Mibox 4K only shows banner DTS but Mibox 4K can support DTS-HD or TrueHD since it was release from 2016 to nowadays, and I'm sure Xiaomi knew about it. But I can't understand why does Xiaomi want to remove it?, they don't have licensesHuh
And about the website of Mibox S shows us banner DTS-HD but Mibox S doesn't play it since it was releaseHuh Xiaomi jokes us =))
ImageImage
EXACTLY

A bug or mistake is one thing (and frustrating), but a company actively being dishonest and trying to avoid fixing something that was purposefully advertised under the false pretense that it was not supposed to be part of the product to begin with deserves to have a class action launched against them.
Wait, does passthrough (hd)audio need a license?
(2019-01-18, 18:21)farhanito Wrote: Wait, does passthrough (hd)audio need a license?
I think need, because i heard some device missing the license cannot passthrough DTS or Dolby
(2019-01-18, 19:59)hoang.hien2903 Wrote:
(2019-01-18, 18:21)farhanito Wrote: Wait, does passthrough (hd)audio need a license?
I think need, because i heard some device missing the license cannot passthrough DTS or Dolby 
This is what Xiaomi is saying - but I've not seen any evidence of such.

I assumed whomever manufactured the hardware they use on their device already has that covered, but I couldn't tell you if I'm right or Xiaomi is right.  

All I know is that as a consumer, I don't care.  The product is advertised to have the capability, identical hardware from the same vendor has the capability, and my hardware doesn't.  Xiaomi needs to fix this, and hearing from them that it is a licensing issue (solve it with money) and they're collecting money on sales against false advertising - they are vulnerable to damages / class actions.
And they've banned me from their support group on facebook...
I've tweeted to Dolby and Walmart (exclusive US vendor I believe) to see if they have any interest in this.  I'm not holding my breath.

This device is dead to me.
Yeah, you absolutely right, we must be used everything they advertised to us
The post was deleted from Facebook group but I printed the part the dev says they will cut TrueHD and DTS-HD passthrough and the post a user said the feature was removed in last build and now mibox 3 only passthrough dd. This is so lile “well, we cannot solve the issue, so just remove the feature...”.

Xiaomi, just another ... you know... chinese company. Now I understand why Xiaomi was kicked from Brazil.

(2019-01-18, 19:59)hoang.hien2903 Wrote:

As far as I'm aware, Nvidia shield also not licensed to do Dolby decoding but it can passthrough everything just fine.
  • 174(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21