Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2019-01-25, 20:53)jacanuck Wrote:
(2019-01-25, 17:51)mutagen Wrote:
(2019-01-24, 16:31)jacanuck Wrote:  I think that some of the random positive posts in here that surround actual complaints are probably Xiaomi plants - it doesn't make sense - why would anyone praise a box that is so obviously defective.  I guess it's a decent device if you have a standalone TV from the early 2000s, no audio system, and no desire to watch recently encoded content.     
 Exactly I have no desire to play ripped blue-ray (which is ilegal) content and I have no audio system, I have a TCL 4k tv and I only use it to watch streaming services and the legal video addons for that I have had no problems. wrxtasy advice has been always invaluable. To be clear about the blue ray ripping
"The moment you crack DRM (Digital Rights Managemnt) to rip the DVD or Blue-ray, you've violated Title I of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. 17 U.S.C. 1201 prohibits circumvention of DRM . . . Some courts have tried to leaven this rather harsh rule, but most have not. While it's typically hard to detect small-scale circumvention, the question is whether bypassing DRM is legal. The statute sets up some minor exceptions, but our ripper doesn't fall into any of them. So, the moment a studio protects the DVD with DRM, it gains both a technical and a legal advantage—ripping is almost certainly unlawful."   
I'm not sure I understand what your desire to consume legal content has to do with the technical deficiency of the Mi Box S (and upcoming changes to similarly neuter the Mi Box).

There are many legitimate sources of content with high resolution audio.  Atmos/3D sound is provided by Netflix via Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA audio (one example only).

I applaud your strict following of the "Digital Millennium Copyright Act.", but your description of such has literally added zero value to this conversation.  Do you work for Xiaomi?  Why are you shilling their product? 
You started attacking and slandering people that had no problem with this box.

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by mutagen - 2019-01-25, 21:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21