Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2019-02-26, 19:01)Arand Wrote: Does anyone know how to get back multichannel PCM through HDMI?
I'm 100% sure I've been watching movie with AAC 7.1 and my AVR was detecting 'multichannel in" with 7.1 input
Something happened after KODI (or MiBox) updated in the last month. KODI showed that progress bar which appears after update.
After that - multichannel PCM is GONE. Only 2.0 PCM remains and it's really breaking all 5.1 experience with AAC encoded audio tracks :/
In system settings under audio (with expert available) - how many channels do you have set (its near the top of the list).

Normally in Kodi - this is where you tell Kodi how many channels to output via PCM for non bitstream content like AAC.  If you have 5.1 or 7.1 listed, and the Mi Box S is showing more channels than your AVR is receiving - its likely a Mi Box S bug (it was for me for some content, which is one of the reasons in addition to not supporting bitstream content in TrueHD or DTS-HD that I ditched the Mi Box S from my home theater).

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by jacanuck - 2019-02-26, 19:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21